Daily Proverbs

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Coup d'état, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

wouldn't a lot of genuises have had enthusiasm? and even a lot of really simple people too have enthusiasm?

don't know if i agree with this quote. but who am i to know any better. maybe one of the two seemingly unenthused, shit that only has a 50% chance of being a good thing. actually probably considerably less given i think there's a lot more people of below average intelligence than those above

if you're right that is, let us pray not
    test
  2. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

“I want to know how God created the world."

-Albert Einstein
    test
  3. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

“God does not play dice.”

-Albert Einstein

i like this one
    test
  4. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

Harmless battles are fun, though. :scared:

If PB was ignored, I do sincerely apologize. :scared:

I wouldn't call it so much enthusiasm, as I'd label it striving to achieve a creatively set goal and transforming that into reality. Enthusiasm implies limited time that expires as soon as the next thing comes along ~ the sheep mentality behind it, since it only hits the panem et circenses masses. Also, simple would imply being too basic to be bothered with it. (imo)

It certainly leaves room for discussion.
    test
  5. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

"We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about."

-Albert Einstein

i don't know. i would consider a lack of enthusiasm easily translated to a lack of interest equally easily translated to lack of progress, lack of purpose, lack of life

however, given einstein's quote and the state of people's purported painful pining for happiness, your previous quote might indeed be accurate

i still doubt it, at least hope it
    test
  6. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

i'd replace enthusiasm with trends regarding your bread and games masses and i would assume some of the greatest minds to be possessed with enthusiasm and have witnessed some of the most simple minds similarly possessed with it

i don't really correlate time with enthusiasm nor your expiration pending better delights. trending is certainly an observable trait amongst this generation, and all the more evident in children. but i don't equate this to enthusiasm at all
    test
  7. GaLaTeA

That would be all well and good, however for the sake of the argument, I'll translate comfort + luxury into money.

Money is actually only useful for two things. On one hand, it's the result of a person's work, ideas, skills, and on the other hand, it's a means by which a person buys his/her freedom. There's many people of the opinion that they can be free without money, which is false in essence. It's also true, that there's a lot of people with a lot of money, who may be even less. Free, that is.

That being said; comfort and luxury should be regarded as basic requirements, however one doesn't need enthusiasm to be made happy. Happiness comes from within, the rest is pure motivation.

Interesting.

Yet it's the masses, who've enthusiastically became the only free army for multinational corporations, political systems, etc. They, without the basic knowledge allow themselves to absorb and have instilled stupid concepts, which they later end up enthusiastically fighting for. Unfortunately, it's the people who've never found themselves, that become such an easy prey that gets diligently exploited.

An example could very well be "Kony 2012" (trending topic of the past few months). People are overly enthusiastic about it now, but what about a few years from now? Masses will move on.
    test
  8. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

i'd love to agree but i'm hesitant to disagree with einstein. even dead he's a formidable opponent

sheep and shepherds alike are both enthusiastic about things. some for ignorance others for purpose

i think i would replace enthusiasm with another word in your example. enthusiasm will still be around, but the object of enthusiasm replaced, such is the transient nature of the world we live in and indeed ourselves

however, i for one will always be enthusiastic about life, women, sport, literature, knowledge, and great tv

kony 2012 didn't that guy jack off in public or something?

one thing i do agree on is the distraction with which people are temporarily engaged in. possibly as a means to divert attention from matters of a more serious nature. doesn't mean enthusiasm is reserved for average intelligence, to me any how

consumerism is the biggest blight
    test
  9. GaLaTeA

The only word that comes to mind, would be "excitement".

It was Jason Russell; founder of Invisible Children foundation; that got arrested for shooting invisible children in public.
    test
  10. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

There is nothing noble about being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self. - Hindu Proverb
    test
  11. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

:dead:
    test
  12. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

You will not be punished for your anger; you will be punished by your anger - Buddha
    test
  13. GaLaTeA

Us, cynics, never get tortured by nightmares or insomnia. It's probably even harder to believe in dreams, as it is to believe in life. ~ Galatea (HRH. A. M. H., 07./05./2005)
    test
  14. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

i was thinking more of the bandwagon effect but that's just me

damn at that jason russell, what a breakdown, i saw the footage, shit it was funny
    test
  15. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

buddha got some wise words
    test
  16. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

i particularly like this one
    test
  17. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

The secret of health for both mind and body
    is not to mourn for the past,
    not to worry about the future,
    not to anticipate the future,
    but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly
    - Buddha
    test
  18. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

- 1 Thessalonians 4:16
    test
  19. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.

- Deuteronomy 31:6
    test
  20. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

"Oh, it is harder to forget what you are not, than to remember what you are. In fact, you are not afraid ...you are fear itself, so you are afraid of not being afraid."
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.