D wade Miamis best player and league Mvp?

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Iceodu921, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

Wade is a far superior defender than lebron and out of that draft id say hes defintely the best on the ball defender.

Wade is a better slasher than Lebron. Lebron has more points in the paint but thats also from tip ins and posting up. I see lebrons finally starting to post up at times.

Coast to coast wade is the best player in the league. He gets to the basket anytime he wants no matter where he recevies the ball.

Wade also understands the team game. Lebron is unselfish and makes incredible passes but Wade to me is a much better consisent passer and understands the team game.

Saying wades better is no knock on Lebron, Wade is just one of those once in a lifetime players.
    test
  2. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

I wouldn't say he's "far superior" but he's definetly a better defender, no doubt. I guess you didn't read the FACT THAT MY POST WAS BASED ON WHAT LEBRON DOES BETTER ON OFFENSE YOU TOOL.

I can not stand when people are making up shit, talking out of their ass and really try to ACT like they know what they're talking about.

LeBron gets tip ins?????? WTF? Lebron's not a "tip-in" player. Watch some games.

Drew Gooden and Zydrunas Illgauskas are #5 and #8 in the league in offensive boards respectively. They get the "tip ins" for our team, LeBron does not play around the rim on offense at all, he's usually up behind the arc or mid-range, he doesn't play near the rim enough on offense to get his points from "tip-ins". That's insane.

LeBron gets more points in the paint than D-Wade because he's more athletically gifted and his upper body strength allows him to finish at the basket more than most other players. LeBron can get fouled HARD on a drive and still have enough raw power to get the shot that he wants. It happens all the time. That's why he leads the league in points in the paint.

Also wrong. Did you watch the Cavs-Lakers game on Sunday? I specifically remember Hubie brown making a point about Steve Nash saying "You can't name anyone faster or more explosive from baseline-to-baseline than LeBron James." And you honestly can't- Tony Parker makes a good case.. but LeBron is gone on a fast break.

They are both great unselfish passers, but I'd take LeBron in the passing game and LeBron's on the court awareness/floor vision is easily better than Wade's.

Lmao.. now he's better than Jordan. [funny]

Lets keep it up.
    test
  3. G-Rob da great

Not only what I said about Drew and Z's offensive board statistics- but I'll do you one better- - LeBron is 30th in rebounds per game. Not one person in the top 50 averages less offensive rebounds than him, not even your golden boy Dwayne Wade. Perhaps he is the "tip in guy" you're looking for.

Tip ins. [funny]

That's the one for the all time stupid LeBron comment posterboard.. lmao. Good shit iceodu.
    test
  4. Iceodu921

Wade is best coast to coast. He is more explosive than lebron. Clyde Fraizer said Wade is the most explosive player he's ever seen. Clyde>Hubie brown anyday.

The passing id say is even up. They both have around the same ast/to ratio. and both handle the ball an awful lot. I gave wade the edge because it usually goes unnoticed how good of a passer he is. But id love for you to explain how his vision is "easily" better than wades.

Please dont place words in my mouth.

Where did i say hes better than Jordan. I said hes a once in a lifetime player. Meaning he does things that others cant do. Its just a phrase dont read more in it. It doesnt mean hes the best of all time or this generation.

I also didnt say lebron was a dominat rebounder or that his game is built around tip ins. Just that tip ins and posting up in the lane add to points in the paint. Points in the paint doesnt prove who the better slasher is...

Come on man I know your smarter than that.
    test
  5. G-Rob da great

Not. Hubie Brown was a head coach and is very intelligent about the game. Not only that but it wasn't Hubie making the comment, he was agreeing with the comment that Steve Nash made. They also talked about another player talking about LeBron's open floor explosiveness.

LeBron has less of a team and always has.

You can watch them play and see LeBron is easily better at driving and kicking. And LeBron doesn't even have the players to knock down the open shot to boost is assist numbers up like Wade does.

LeBron's passes also shock and wow with their degree of difficulty.

You said he was a once in a lifetime player, and I don't know how old you are- but Jordan played in my lifetime- so that's how I read it.

Oh but they do. LeBron is a better post up player than Wade, but if you think he spends a large portion of the game posting people up then you aren't watching him play. I'm sorry.

LeBron spends a LOT of his minutes playing up near the top of the key in isolation or coming off screens. It's not something I can prove to you, but I shouldn't have to. I watch a shitload of Cavs games- probably at least 50 a year, anyone who thinks LeBron is a paint scorer because of tip ins and posting up simply isn't watching him play.. and that's all there is to it. You can see that even from watching just a few of the nationally televised games.

The fact that only 0.9 of his 7.2 rebounds per game are offensive proves he doesn't tend to play around the rim on offense.

I explained why LeBron leads the leage in PITP, he finishes at the rim.
    test
  6. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

he was injured his rookie season which did slow him down for a bit. and lets not forget the fact that that team was NOT that good at all and wasn't supposed to be good that season. that supporting cast was horrible (Bryant Grant was our center, enough said) and we still got that far.

you're quoting WOODY PAIGE?

i'm not saying who would be the worst team. i'm saying the Heat would be worse off without Shaq than without Wade. Shaq's been barely effective lately. he's only been playing around 20-30 mins a game. he's not as motivated a player as say a Zo. shaq is very effective yes, but only when he wants to be. Shaq has been bench during games for Zo. you will not see Wade ever getting benched for Derek Anderson. that's why i say a Wade-less Heat would be worse off. Shaq has his moments where he's lazy. that's not exactly a team leader. i would not count on a team led solely by Shaq for an entire season. Shaq needs that other great player (Penny, Kobe, Wade).

on a side note that has nothing to do with this arguement: if we could fuse Zo's determination and desire with Shaq's gifted body we'd have a pretty interesting creation. if only Shaq played with that type of desire.
    test
  7. G-Rob da great

Lamar Odom was a stud that year and you also had Butler, Eddie Jones, a great head coach. The team wasn't crap and Wade didn't do it by himself. He never has to be quite honest. The only true great one man team I can think of in recent years were Allen Iverson's sixers in 2001.

And his name is not "Bryant Grant".. you don't even know about your own team, how am I supposed to debate with people of this NBA intelligence level?

Thanks for not reading the rest of the thread.

Anyways, I don't care if Scruff McGruff said it, doesn't change the fact that it's absolutely correct in every sense. Way to beat around the bush.

I know, because you and Hollinger would look like fools trying to make that argument.

Therefore Steven Nash and LeBron James are more valuable to their teams than Wade is to his.

That only supports what I said about any team benefitting from having two centers named Shaquille O' Neal and Alonzo Mourning. One of them is constantly on the floor, it's a win-win situation.
    test
  8. Iceodu921

So Stan van is know a great head coach?
    test
  9. G-Rob da great

Yes.
    test
  10. Iceodu921

lol throwing greatness around that easily makes all of your agruements hard to take.
    test
  11. G-Rob da great

It was a sad day when Riley forced him off the bench, everyone said that.

I don't even need to post his winning %. He, (like Wade) won games the year before Shaq arrived to boost his credibility even more.

It's also a shame how Riley is credited for the Heat turnaround. He joined the fray around the same time Shaq came back from injury this year. Riley can't even get the Heat to play defensively how he wants them to- yet he's getting credit for a "great coaching job".

Stan Van Gundy was a great coach (both Van Gundy brothers are great coaches) and if he's smart enough he'd say fuck loyalty and get paid for a team where he'd really be respected for his work.

He also finished 6th in voting for coach of the year award last year and 4th in voting the previous year.
    test
  12. Iceodu921

neither van gundy is great.

Jeff is a good coach but hes not great.

If their great i wonder how you rate someone like Dean Smith [funny]
    test
  13. the Prince

the Prince New Member

thats the first time iceodu has ever used a smiley in a reply
    test
  14. G-Rob da great

I don't watch college hoops.

And yes their are levels past "great" IMO.

When you are voted basically a top 5 coach twice in a two year span and you get that much credit for a coaching job, I'd call it great coaching. Sorry you see otherwise, but keep dancing around the point because I sonned you on everything else.

I just son people until they eventually feel so stupid that they can't really think of anything else to say or dodge obvious points. It's a piece by piece process.

Until the next "LeBron sucks" bullshit or whatever pops up next week...
    test
  15. G-Rob da great

Well I'll be damned! The Heat lost to the Timberkittens with Shaq on the BENCH?

I say, now I's say I'll be got damned! Ain't dat somethin right thur?

I's say turn on the tube addie may, you ain't gon believe this right hur!
    test
  16. the Prince

the Prince New Member

timberpuppies have won six straight at home over the heat
    test
  17. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

yea man. i'm still disgusted by that. Stan Van Gundy WAS a great coach, btw. i'm not going to argue taht one.
    test
  18. Iceodu921

lol @ the twolves point proving anything..

dam your stretching now brudda.

o and IMO it takes more than 2 yrs to be a great coach..

doing a great coaching job and being a great coach are two diffrent things.
    test
  19. G-Rob da great

You're a fool if you don't think games like the one against the Timberwolves and Wade's dissapearing act in Detroit last night don't hurt his chances to win MVP.

It's not like he's a front-runner and he can coast the rest of the way. With 15-16 games left in the regular season a Shaq-less win over the Timberwolves and a stronger performance against the league's best team would be a ton of credibility.

By the way, I did have a marginal amount of respect for John Hollinger's Wade article which made SOME valid points, but that was only until I saw ESPN's front page today which read: "John Hollinger has the numbers to prove why Kobe and Steve Nash are overrated"... [funny] he's a nutcase and a statmon.key.

And they have the nerve to want you to PAY to read his bullshit..
    test
  20. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

yea. to say Kobe and Nash are overrated is crazy. i gotta read that article. but last night did prove that without an Wade the Heat can NOT win.

and big ups to Lebron last night. even though it was against the Bobcats, he did his thing last night.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.