cycle of defeat

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Fear-> Doubt-> Worry-> Anxiety
    test
  2. IAmBenT

IAmBenT Eat a dick, faggot

so true
    powerful subtle truth
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

Word. Fear is the root of satans attacks.
    test
  4. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

Doesn't your God use fear as well to put you back into your place? Isn't that the purpose of the ten commandments? Isn't that the purpose of warning you of hell and the like?

If God uses fear to herd his sheep properly, what then is the difference between him and Satan?
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

No. We arent under the law but under grace. You should fear not God but being without him.
    test
  6. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Goddamit, nothing seems to annoy me more these days than the stupid religious rhetoric that is written on these boards. Perhaps, my life isn't stressful enough *shrug*

Yea I love when Christians try to excuse and rationalize god's commitment to eternally torture any soul not willing to believe a ridiculous story that he didn't not make clear was even remotely true.

Hyping him up to be wonderful but the reality is "Hey, suck my dick or I'm gonna knock your teeth out"...he's like, an abusive boyfriend or some shit.

You shouldn't even be allowed to use the words "grace" and "mercy" to describe your barbaric, homicidal god.
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

He doesnt do it. U do it to yourself. U make the decision not to accept him? Coo he wont force you. He aint gonna force you to heaven. But u live with UR decision eternally. Thats why its called the second death, eternal seperation from all that is God and all that is good. Why do u think he sends guys like me too u guys everyday.
    test
  8. TheBigPayback

Hell wasnt even created for man. It was made to house rebellious sinful arch angels.
    test
  9. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

You're just reinforcing my abusive boyfriend analogy. You're basically saying that god is like "Now why'd you make me hit you?" after really doing nothing wrong but not accepting something that an intelligent person COULD NOT accept. And let's humor this nonsense and say for a second that Christianity was true and hell was real. You're saying that a finite mistake (that happens within about 80 years) determines your ENTIRE ETERNITY? That is fuckin stupid.
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

Its actually a gift. We fucked up several times not once. And you have 80 years to make one decision. Seems fair to me. U just get to live with your decision. So if u spend ur life trying to rebell against god. Die. Wake up in hell. Then go ok sorry nevermind i believe u now. Doesnt work like that. Life is the only legal timeframe alotted to choose who u rollin with.an theres only 2 choices.
    test
  11. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Like I said, that is STUPID. You clearly do NOT understand the scope of eternity. Even if you lived 1000 years that would not be enough to decide the rest of all of time. It's idiotic.
    test
  12. h.wood

h.wood IMAGINATION SUPER STAR

worry is supposed to be negative prayer. There is power in prayer so stop worrying .
    test
  13. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

thats funny as shit. i guess its not so crazy for an abusive boyfriend to consider himself GOD. DO WHAT I SAY OR ILL TORTURE U 4EVER!!! THAT MEANS I LOVE U!!! THIS IS GRACE YOUR FEELING NOT FEAR!!! :funny::funny:
    test
  14. Noncentz

How can you be without a God that claims to be one and all, everything and nothing at the same time? In fact, was it not he/she who created the world and me and everything in it according to your specific religion?

And, what about the retarded people who can never, ever, learn or accept the Christian God, do they burn in hell fire forever for the condition this all might God obviously inflicted them with? That doesn't seem fair at all now does it?
    test
  15. Noncentz

So again, it's "Do as I say, or burn in hell" --A fear based Pavlovian response, nay?

It is quite similar to the abusive boyfriend analogy... In most abusive relationships the abused looks to the abuser for help and love, sort of like the relationship between citizen and government and believer and God. It's the same idea...

But now, how does he differ from Satan if he uses the same techniques?
    test
  16. IAmBenT

IAmBenT Eat a dick, faggot

I think we are twisting up the meaning of fear.

Fear of God is a sense of awe and respect, reverence for the holy Creator.

Sinful fear is faithlessness and doubt, the root sin of the Jewish people throughout the old testament and the sin of the disciples in scenes such as the walking on water and the calming of the storm.
    test
  17. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

fear of an eternal torture session is not a sense of awe and respect. its a straight up fear of eternal pain.

i understand where ur coming from with the awe and respect, simliar to the discipline parents give to their kids out of love except much more respect and awe for the "holy Creator". but the fact that i can be forever tortured in hell simply for being an atheist, fucking girls im not married to, etc. (basically small things easily forgiven in our society) that is not love its cruel. not worth even mild praise
    test
  18. TheBigPayback

What about a society that says jihad is a good thing. Because its accepted should they not be punished fir it?
    test
  19. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

ur changing the subject. i said smaller things our society easily forgives
    test
  20. Noncentz

Without taking sides, because I think all religions should be gone by now... Let's look at this in the mirror.

When Bin Laden attacked the U.S he said his main reason was the U.S building military bases in Mecca, the holy land for his people... OK...

Now, if the Arabs wanted to build military bases on the Vatican's land, or some other Christian/Catholic landmark, you people would go apeshit as well. It's nature.

Look, some Muslims want to build a Mosque on ground zero and you hit the roof.
    ---

As for 'Jihad' - Let's not forget who has been in whose country since the 1970's - It was the U.S and the Soviet Union, fucking around in the middle east. We've been occupying their land for almost 40 years .

The U.S supported Britain in it's expulsion of the Palestinians for the Israeli's - tons of people were rooted out of their homes, and sent to the middle of nowhere.

2011 - The U.S is in almost every single middle eastern nation, bombing the fuck out of people that never had a thing to do with the Taliban, which we forget, was created by the United States to fight against the soviet occupation at the time.

--
    Are you seriously telling me it's evil to fight people that invade your country? If the Chinese were on your streets tomorrow, what would you do?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.