CUT THROAT COUPLETTES: Deth to L.Kross

Discussion in 'Emcee Battle Area' started by DethStryque, Aug 10, 2012.

1. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

this is largely true. 1 bar=4 beats=1 line. so when I say 24 bars, MV? That means 2 rounds of 24 lines. I hope that won't be a problem.
    test
  2. necrolyricyst

necrolyricyst Member

I'm new around here so don't mind me, just wanted to say reading text battles online usually is a chore, poor rhyme schemes not enough interbars or multisyllabics, but this shit right here was beautifully put together imo.. Honestly didn't realise people battle online in 2012 but this verse was crazy well put together.. Opening bar was better than the whole verse from L-kross, no offence.
    test
  3. necrolyricyst

necrolyricyst Member

I guess it's all about interpretation, but imo some people see it as 1bar = 1 line, others including myself see 1 bar as 2 lines, so usually a 16bar is 32 lines the way i saw it..
    test
  4. DethStryque

thank you big dawg! Madd thanks for the props! I hope you like all my battles in a similar way. L. Kross did his thing but I honestly think he underestimated me in this battle...
    test
  5. DethStryque

Actually...as far as the factual definition is concerned...L.Kross got it right.

It IS about interpretation; but there is a factual basis for determining what is a real bar and what isn't. Google the definition. Without a doubt, 1 bar=4 beats=1 line. No question it's a fact [ look it up under bar music definition ]. A bar-COUPLETTE is defined as 2 lines...again, as an independent fact. However, people are free to define these matters for themselves in their opinion as they choose.
    test
  6. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

thats just it. its a TEXT BATTLE. who gives a shit? underestimate you? lmao... yeah, as soon as you asked me if i wanted to TEXT BATTLE you i underestimated you, an you know what, you didnt impress me at all. youre bars are jibberish, none of your punches landed, not one line hit the mark. an as for multis... lmao.. ina text battle.. READING MULTIS lol. yeah, you guys are funny. i do this, i stand in the middle of the street freestyle battlin cats off the top of the head no prewrittens an we force traffic to turn around an go back. you can say whatever you want about my text battle, that doesnt change the fact that I CAN RAP MY ASS OFF. an some of the SICKEST text battlers on this site were FUCKIN HORRIBLE audio cats. so unless someones got myspace, soundclick, reverbnation slash any fuckin tracks at all to show me, i dont care what you clowns are sayin in this text bs, hey deth, MAD PROPS ON YOUR POST. are you kiddin? we are on rapmusic dot com discussin bullshit that will never matter in this world or the next. mad props on his post? anyway, i do this FOR REAL. any of you half rappin fucks wanna see me, dust the microphones off.

kross out. hyperactive circus midgets youd be surprised how many rap battles end in fist fights an shoot outs, stay on your computers where its safe, ill handle real life rap
    test
  7. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

oh. and there is no PERSPECTIVE on lines an bars, its not an opinion.. its a net myth. someone quote to me one single instance of a real rapper in real life makin a destinction between lines an bars then tell me its all a point of view. know your shit
    test
  8. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

:smaccccck1:

A bar is a measure of time. Kross is right, no one distinguished between a line and a bar, it would be stupid (therefore, confusing) to do that.

For example:

And for all you other cats taking shots at Jigga,
    You only get half a bar: Fuck y'all niggas!
    Jay Z

Hence, a line = a bar.

I'm not clicking view post on Deth's lame ass, but did he seriously try to defend his stretched lines like that? lmaoooooo
    test
  9. Brown Jesus

lmaooo... thanks for quoting, I needed that. So Deth admitting he "paddles marks".... pause... is beautiful? What the fucking ghey is going on here?!

That verse was horrible. the only line with potential was the blue cross one. I could barely get through half of that shit tbh. So I started skimming and saw the word penis... I give up.
    test
  10. DethStryque

1. So you're in my thread. Again. After you put me on "ignore". And you read my verse. After I merked you in the cypher? I never read a piece of yours.

2. Hey genius...my bars didn't have the word "penis". Guess we know what you're always looking for,now.

A bar is also a measure of time. You're correct. But as your Jay-Z quote proves, a HALF a bar is ALSO a HALF of a sentence.

Before you guys posted your responses? My comment...1 bar=4 beats=1 line... more fully encompasses all the points that BJ and KROSS only partially made. I did it in one sentence, too. Not multiple posts.
    test
  11. DethStryque

there iS perspective on lines and bars. A bar has multiple meanings and definitions.

In music notation, a BAR means numerous things:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bar_(music)

Most commonly, in rap, a bar is a sentence/line that is generally similar in length to a poetic line

Urban Dictionary: bars

bars 836 up, 401 down
    sentences in lyrical hiphop songs
    sentences that rhyme with each other

300 bars is 300 sentences that rhyme
    test
  12. DethStryque

Lolol. Kross. Relax, dawg. It's okay. You lost a text attle. All of us have at some time or other. But all this "I'm super raw hardcore street rappa" stuff is...borderline, bruh.

Tell ya what: break out your cellie and record you hard dudes doin all your evil raps turning back traffic and post it on youtube. Or post it here. Or something. Because that stuff right there? Honestly man. What you said sounds hella suspect. In my hood in East Side Long Beach CA? Somebody try to turn our traffic back while they're rappin? You're gettin run over. And in other places? The cops will come swoop you. If you're doing that where you're at [ which I don't believe ]? Then your streets and peeps have GOT TO BE TAME. Nobody would put up with that over here. Round where i'm from? The Church Mothers would put hands on you for trying to stop traffic and turn traffic back while you're rapping. Then bless you while you lay sleeping on the street with a verse or two from the Bible.

Don't go around dissin people you don't know, and assuming that just cuz you're talking to a guy who you text battled? That dude is some chump. All text battlers aren't wimps. YOU'RE a text battler, Kross. Are you a nerd? Me? Not only am I not a nerd. I move better than you do. I'm stronger quicker more explosive and in better shape than you, too:

PARTIAL ZULU PUSHUP AND BACK TUCK SEQUENCE - YouTube

PLYOMETRICS: THE HOLYFIELD DRILL - YouTube

ATACX GYM KIP UP BROAD JUMP.mpeg - YouTube

ATACX GYM FLUID STRENGTH AND SPEED 3 POINT SQUAT THRUST - YouTube

On top of that? I fight better than you. Guns knives bats fists, whatever.

ATACX GYM RAS AND KENT LIGHT SPARRING RD. 2 - YouTube

ATACX GYM KENPO: SWORD AND HAMMER RADIUS R.D.L. PT.3 - YouTube

ATACX GYM CAPOEIRA HOCKEY PUNCH DEFENSE 2 - YouTube

LIGHT SPARRING AT THE GYM P.1 - YouTube

ATACX GYM KENPO CAPTURED TWIGS/BEAR HUG DEFENSE C RADIUS R.D.L. - YouTube

ATACX GYM SHAOLIN: BASIC 5 ANIMALS DEFENSE VS HOCKEY PUNCH DEFENSE - YouTube

RAS AND KENT LIGHT SPARRING RD.1 - YouTube

ATACX GYM HAPKIDO HOCKEY PUNCH DEFENSE - YouTube

ATACX GYM KENPO CAPTURED TWIGS/BEAR HUG DEFENSE A R.D.L. - YouTube

Where's your video showing that you're nearly 300 pounds and a giant? where's your video showin your scrappin skillz? Where's your video showing your strength, speed, agility, balance?

Now i'm not really invested in this and I'm not really tryin to diss nobody. Kross, you're passionate about hiphop and that's good. But it's not coo runnin around dissin people who haven't dissed you, and assuming people you don't know are nerds wimps marks and targets. That we ain't street. Yes, alot of us ARE street kids. Just like you. Very few of us are also Master Rank martial artists like me. Even less of us are both street kids and martial artists like me.

As for audio? Me and my dawg DJ Skrap will see you in the audio arena soon. I'd be happy to battle you there, if you wish.
    test
  13. Brown Jesus

Why did I click view post? You're an idiot and lack the ability to follow a coherent argument, let alone craft a rebuttal.

I peruse the battle boards because I'm an RBL mod and I like to look at what this board has to offer; it has nothing to do with you, get over yourself. This thread had a lot of replies, hence, I wanted to see what was going down.

You are certainly on ignore, but whoever that newbie lame is that quoted you is why I saw your verse. I'm sorry I did, there wasn't anything clever or witty, just random associations with simple similes and forced multies. I could literally choose any random line from that shit and point out why it's weak; why your similes are simplistic, bordering on crude.

I misread pens in a line with the word organ, you're just gay enough to write some shit like that. I apologize.

That Jay Z quote does not prove that a bar is also a sentence. A sentence is a set of words that contain an object and verb in linguistics to show breaks in ideas and concepts. If a bar = a sentence, then any sentence could be fit in a bar, which is certainly not the case. A bar is strictly a measure of time and has nothing to do with the sentences. "You suck" is a sentence and it is not a bar.

I understand that you're having this cognitive dissonance because you actually think you're nice, but the fact is that your lines are stretched and cannot not be reconciled with any normal concept of a bar. If "Fuck y'all niggas" is half a bar, then twice that is one bar; hence, you have 4-6 bars in one of your lines.

To be perfectly clear:

If "Fuck y'all niggas" is half a bar, then:

How on God's green earth is that 1 bar? On a side note, who says dynamite ya grin?? Oh... the guy trying to force multies into his lame verse so that he can claim that he's lyrical. Thanks, Canibus Jr; you still suck, though.

How does 1 bar = 4 beats = 1 line more fully encompass the idea? I said that a bar is a line (one of our lines; i.e. 1/3 of your lines). In every battle thread you say 48 bars, but what you really mean is 100 bars at the least because your lines are NOT bars. You can't even fit some of your lines on a fucking line rofl.

I did this in one post, too (2 now since you're an idiot), do you want an award?

And, since I like to kick a man when he's down...

Thank you
    test
  14. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

wow.. i cant believe that your posts are still bein directed at me. lol u got your lil text battle victory i thought that was your goal in life. an no, im not a text battler, you fuckin nerd, i just shoot the shit in the hookups with old school cats like myself when i was annoyed by you askin if i wanted to text battle. me begrudgingly agreein doesnt make me a 'text battler'. im a real music maker, i have a real music crew that are out everyday robbin an breakin down ounces into 5's all day just so they can be about what they spit. no, thats not really the reason, but we do it all day anyway. so i dont know what kind of 'explosive' form you think your faggot ass is in, but trust me if this was face to face id rip your jaw out of you head, an if i thought for a second you were turnin the crowd against me, id just swing on you. an if your punk ass friends had enough heart to take up your back, wed take theirs off em. no hate, im jus sayin, stick to what you kno. an as for your lil text battle steez, dont get it confused you didnt get a win cause i was rusty at text format, you got a win cause most of the people left on this site dont have two brain stems to rub together, if we had the old school rbl heads, dissy, dippy, dro, dough, i could go on, just wit the d's, you would have got landeslided homegirl
    test
  15. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

lmao... i skimmed your post, not enough to realize you just posted videos of you workin out? is that right? hold on....

hahahahahahahaaaahhahhaahahhahahAHAHAHAHAHhhahahhHAhahhahHHHAHAhhahHHAHHhahahHAHHHHh

sorry.

300 pounds huh? so what? then we're even nigga. im 270, 6'2'' an i aint never been in a fuckin gym in my life. we do pushups an dips. really puts the umph in your punch. guns? bats? fists? knives? do you know what your talkin about? lemme stop you there, you dont. i dont have to assume shit about you, i can read your rap an kno exactly what kinda dude you are. strong silent type, big an confident but really quiet an scared. you dont want shit to pop off. i been bangin guns since i was 12 nigga, my first gun was a rifle, not a pistol. i just chased 20 dudes from my house wit a baseball bat LAST WEEK. last friday a whole mob got ran off by one dude, me. so what are these videos im not gonna watch? you slap boxin in a ring? lame. we boxed in the street if we had a problem, fist fight your friends an still be boys if someone doesnt die. thats right we die out here, all the time. i got multiple instances of friends killin other friends, guess its fucked up but it happens, fuck who you are, where your from or who the fuck you can get nigga. ill come to your hood, by myself, no guns an fight you in front of your whole crew. if you beat me, ill be back the next day to do it again son, you have no idea what youre talkin about, some shit you saw on tv or heard on the radio. i was raised robbin an bangin, sorry im what you wish you were, but trust me, theres no future in it anyway, you got lucky that your a lil netcee nerd who works out at the gym an studys martial arts, i wish ida did sommin wit my life shit. but yeah music, i got your card text an audio, lets leave it at that, cuz you aint tryna see me no way
    test
  16. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

lol.. where are my videos? hah. like a normal gun carryin hoodmentality bound psychopath, i dont fuckin have any
    test
  17. Brown Jesus

:drakecheese:
    test
  18. DethStryque

Bruh. Real music makers make music and don't invest in fantasy comments about rippin out jaws and whatnot. You said you guys rob and slang. I don't believe that for a second, but even if you did? That's wakk; that ain't nuthin to BRAG about, man. On the one hand you make threats about what you'd do in real life to me if we met face to face, on the other you brag about terrorizing and enslaving to drugs other human beings, in the middle you rail about text battling and try to clean up the fact you lost--badly, going away, no hate you just got smoove smoked--and then on the back end you disparage people's intelligence?

Please, dawg. That's just...asinine all the way around.

1. You lost the text battle dawg. Deal with it. It ain't no big thing, you're right. I agree. So what's with all this hostility? I wouldn't've responded at all if you hadn't kept going on about fantasy ganxta stuff and made silly statements about what you'd do to me.

2. I said that YOU said you're about 300lbs. Me? I'm a welterweight-junior lightweight. 147-154 lbs. But I'm a highly trained, highly athletic, very skilled martial artist from the old skool. I really do everything I said I do, and I got video proving it.

3. I don't believe that you do anything that you said you do...except maybe the music [ if you do the music? Congrats ]. I live near MLK&20th in East Side LBC. Truly notorious place. Nobody who traps on the one hand does stupid stuff like spit and turn back traffic on the other. Nobody who traps starts fistfights or scraps at the drop of a hat. Draws unwanted police detention. Nobody who traps is on the internet gettin butt hurt off of a text battle they lost.

4. If we were to scrap? Guns knives fists, whatever? You'd lose. In a few seconds. Badly. Not even close. And I'm not threatening you, because truthfully? I'm NOT interested in scrappin with you. Let it go,dawg. It's a text battle, you lost. Let it go.
    test
  19. DethStryque

I'm 153 as of this writing, not 300 ponds. Floyd Mayweather, all the Sugars, Anderson Silva, Joe Lewis, Pernell Whitaker, and all the greats boxed in the ring vs skilled opposition. I not only was KICKboxing in the ring, I have clips of me going bareknuckle, too. You'd get smashed if we scrapped in any way. Bats, gats, hand to hand, knives, chains...whatever. That's what I do. I'm a lifelong, certified martial arts and CQB expert. Look it up.

Technique, body mechanics, breath control combined with plyometrics puts the "oomph" in your punch. That's why we boxers and martial artists EXHALE as we fire punches. Pushups and dips don't put juice in your punches, they just help strengthen SOME [ the smaller and last ] muscle groups responsible for helping to deliver a punch.

My uncle was one of the first Black Navy SEALS in this country's history. Converted from the UDT in 1986. My other uncle was a Marine Recon, and did time behind the Green Line. My father was one of only 12 Black men in the late 1960's to be AFWC...Advanced Fighter Wing Corps. Top Gun of the Air Force. At the time, he was flying the F-4 Phantom. My uncle and martial arts grandmaster was a Army Ranger. I learned from them. I also learned from my other cousins, one of whom--Gumu--was godfather of Southeast San Diego's East Side Piru-Skyline set. My other cousin--K Murda--was an enforcer for Ghost Town Crips. I learned from the best in both areas. I started shooting at age 8. I'm still shooting now.

I never had to chase 20 dudes from my crib. Know why? Nobody's stupid enough to bring that drama to my crib and I'm not stupid enough to let people who do stupid things even know where I live...much less show up in numbers at my house.

I don't EVER wanna be a ganxta. EVER EVER. That's a massive step down for me. I don't EVER want to live the life that you claim that you do. That's amazingly stupid and beneath me.

If you fought me ANYWHERE, much less in my hood? Be a short fight. I'd finish you inside of 15 seconds. You would NOT come back. My whole squad are martial artists like me. We don't EVER do stupid things like kill our friends. See...if they're your friends? They automatically don't do stuff that we'd have to kill each other over. But we're all trained in the warrior arts and the code of the streets. We'd LET you catch a fair one with ANY of us. Then we'd beat the crap outta you in mere seconds. Prolly record it like GRACIES IN ACTION or HOOD FIGHTS on youtube. If you did ANYTHING that might escalate the conflict? Like go for a gun or a knife? Or have homeboys who might be heated ANYWHERE? Let's just say that doing such a thing would be your last act on Earth. And theirs too.

I'm saying this not as a threat. Like I said before...I'm really NOT interested in scrappin with you. If it makes you feel good and if it appeases you enough to let this whole matter drop and stop making fantasy ganxta claims? Hell...I'll say you're just too ganxta for me. Like this:" L. Kross? You are just too ganxta for me." There ya go.
    test
  20. DethStryque

Normal gun carryin hoodmentality bound psychopaths aren't on rap sites saying that they're gun carryin hoodmentality bound psychopaths.
    test