cut the bullshit, underground "lyricists" can not EASILY make GOOD appealing music...

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Nimrod, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YuNG WaLT

YuNG WaLT GhettoChild Ambassador

anybody besides me notice how all these cats thats arguin in artist like Aseops defense....already self adimittedly say that Aseop sux to them...

Mesk said this right?...Shank said it...

so how the hell can u in the same sentence say.."well they could make they music appealing if they wanted to...they just aint tryna sell they soul to do it"...

ok...do it without soul sellin...

u sayin thats not possible?....or they just CHOOSE not to...

stop the nonsense already.
    test
  2. YuNG WaLT

well...Soulja was able to reach over a million heads from his bedroom thru the net...what promo did he have?...what financial backing or marketing did he have?...

if u been doin this shit for years yet ur fanbase is only a couple hundred thousand...its becuase u dont have the ability to make ur music appeal to anymore then that...period...

no big stage or finanical resource is gonna change that...

make ur music appeal more...and u will have more fans...and that wont even be by choice.
    test
  3. ANONIMUS

ANONIMUS resident middlefinger

with one song

are you listening for soulja boys next track? I know I am...pfff...come on man

and I never ever said I didnt like ace...I like his shit...his old more than new...but I like his shit...its different...Im not defending him Im using an example...how about rugged man...how about sean p...how about copy...how about jo jo...how about blackalicious....how about jedi mind...

ask ness if he thinks that shit is possible considering he has been on a major...I can tell you his answer right now...I can only hope that shit becomes possible
    test
  4. YuNG WaLT

am i listening for his next shit?....no...but im not a fan of him.....thats nowhere near the point...

ask Ness if he can make his music more appealing by choice...or is somthin that just happens more or less...IF it happens...

some artist have the ability to make this MORE probable to happen...others simply DONT...

and that can NEVER just be by choice...

keep tryna tell us it is tho.
    test
  5. En_Why

En_Why En Why Cee

i think real lyricists could still blow, but they gotta have some kina image for the bitches. All that matters now is if you got an image to the bitches now
    test
  6. exothermic

exothermic Well-Known Member

walt iono when i hear ur voice and ur music it reminds me of jnyce shit for some reason hahaha, similar vybe, i heard dream too... the best song ive heard on ur page is the one with james it was a girl song i think the hook was nice set a nice tone for the song... but walt everything u saying is tru tho about what a hit is

by the way hibe got a nice voice he could make appealing shit...
    test
  7. Raw Enforcement

Raw Enforcement New Member

roflmao....walt, this is pointless, which is why i didn't even elaborate on my comment...*edit*, bwahaha@me ending up elaborating anway....

i used to be a "super true, hiphop essence of realness never sell-out the 4 elements nature of the backpack MC hiphop DJ lyrical Master 7" mo'fucka too...shit, listen to my music, it's evident im not really a die hard fan of the newer stuff that's coming out...but THAT'S ME, im a 90's nigga, but i can't turn around and tell these •••••• today that they shit is garbage...it's just ignorant....

it's just something you gotta grow out of when you notice music existed BEFORE and still exists AFTER the 90's...

i CLEARLY remember in the 90's, there was lots of people from earlier generations making the SAME arguments against hiphop(NWA, Wu-Tang, Nas, Biggie, Pac) that ANON is making against the recent hiphop...

i know there's other people out there that know what i'm talkin bout, got one of them uncles, always be on that "take that garbage off and put on this here teddy P, this REAL music right here, what you know about that?"...

they used to say it "wasn't even music", "garbage", "just a bunch of noise, and yellin on a beat"...

they used to say the SAME SHIT about your PRECIOUS hiphop, as YOU ARE SAYING about the hiphop that's coming out now...

i'm not a fan of the more recent shit like that, im a boom-bap nigga, gangstarr, mobb deep, wu-tang, boot camp, krs, das efx, D.I.T.C., souls of mischief, etc etc...

BUT....before hiphop, there exists something called MUSIC....it's been happening since the beginning of time, and it's EVER evolving...some of us are just conservatives who refuse to let go of the past, and then we justify our feelings by knockin the next man's movement....im saying this because i was JUST LIKE ANON..."you guys are sell-outs!, everybody and they mother is a sell out!, ahhhhhhh!!!"...but you gotta step out of the "conserve the true essence of hiphop" box for a second and take a look from the outside in....

this is a completely different culture than the 90's...

now, is it just irony that it's usually white boys and token black guys from the suburbs that are constantly on this relentless "real hiphop" attack on the music people in the ghetto listenin to?....THE STREETS created this shit, and THE STREETS will decide where it's gonna go...that self righteous shit is played, y'all gotta understand, you are a different crowd, accept that, don't go calling other people's EXPRESSION garbage, when you don't know ANYTHING about the culture, just like them old heads in the 90's that used to shit on the hiphop we treasured so much...if you don't fuck wit it, you don't fuck wit it...i don't really fuck wittit too much, but i KNOW there's musical talent involved, because i've PRODUCED tracks for new wave kats, and have been in the studio with them....

and TRUST ME, •••••• in the hood are NOT bumpin laffy taffy...so keep guessin...
    test
  8. Dank Sinatra

Dank Sinatra █║▌║█║

dude....at the start of this thread....i told nimrod i disagreed and listed the people who i was basing my disagreement on....

aesop rock was not one of them......

nothing i was saying had shit to do with aesop rock besides the fact he was a "mainstream success" via underground rap.........

i hate aesop rock......

but if you read the lyrics to his songs withouth listening to them...

so you could more grasp all the shit he is saying and the way it was structured....i guarantee you,you would believe the dude could write anything he wanted....mainsteam song....underground song.....a fuckin novel that rhymes....lol.

THESE GUYS DONT WANNA BE BUBBLE GUM RAPPERS AND THEY DONT HAVE TO. that is the point.
    test
  9. MeSko

MeSko I love Fat Chicks

I dont have to like them to defend thier success

Michael Millken was an asshole who noone liked and he was a billionaire

I think Xzibit sucks but he has about a million fans who buy his shit

what does me liking someone have to do with wether or not they can be appealing or have fans?

Paris Hilton is wack and unappealing to me but even at times she can be appealing
    test
  10. Psicobabble

Psicobabble Rebellious Rhetoric

im not going thru this entire thread, but this is right about where im @ these days
    test
  11. MeSko

MeSko I love Fat Chicks

and i dont know where this thread has taken a turn too

i have always been a boom bap / raw oriented guy but out of my whole crew, we all had Heltah Skeltahs album but at the same time i was also cruising to Mase's first album as well

id ont know how this turned into a hip hop argument and peoples likes and dislikes or tastes

I praised your album justa s much as slept on fams and they are two entirely different albums for two entirely different fanbases

music is music to me

I was (and still to the heart) a DJ so i had the opportunity to take it all in...
    test
  12. YuNG WaLT

hmm..not sure what James song u talkin about...he's only on 3 tracks

Why Ni99az...Close 2 Me(maybe this is what ur talkin about?)...and Dreams....

none of those are girl songs....those are for anyone who likes good music thats inspirational and has a relateble message, yet still makes ur head nod..u kno?...i've had thug ni99az tell me they fuck with those...as well as chicks....

hell...my grandma likes those tracks...

but like I said...thankz for listenin anyway...and if u want the album...pm ur address....bein in Jamaica doesnt matter...G.C.E. ships worldwide my dude.
    test
  13. MeSko

MeSko I love Fat Chicks

and besides who decided appealing music nowadays anyway?!?!?

if JIM Jones sells 200,000 and is 100% mainstream and Aesop Rock sells 125,000 and its completely underground

is 75,000 more fans who have been exposed thru radio and such determine that JIM JOnes makes more appealing music?

the 125,000 supporters of aesop dont have an opinion

its like saying the whole world would rather have a women president then a black president cuz hillary leads the polls

what the 29% or so who want obama dont have a voice?

Ice Ice baby sold 9 million copies

Vanilla Ice is talented and appealing?!? more so then the 90% of rappers who have never pushed past those numbers?
    test
  14. ANONIMUS

ANONIMUS resident middlefinger

how are you gonna go off talking about I was once this and that...then go into this white token black guy shit...I dont understand it...the majority of the cats I fuck with arent some 8 mile new jack cats...there are PLENTY of raw gutter street cats that know what Im talking...stop the excuses...outside the hip hop box...hip hop is different culture...streets this that...in ANY type of music there is obvious sellout type of bullshit...you can pick and choose the people that did ART and people that did garbage...equating me to people saying 'thats not music'...you are sitting here shitting on it yourself saying its ignorant and you dont fuck with it...that whole post is filled with contradiction...just because you gave up or 'used to be' this and that and are trying to assimilate to this bullshit doesnt mean your excuses work any more than anyone elses...majority rules bullshit doesnt work with me...fuck a trend hopper
    test
  15. MeSko

MeSko I love Fat Chicks

thast the problem i have with this thread too

like wheres the indiivudality?

all i see is "they", "other people", "them" "fans"

what about just "me"?

its disturbing that walts having a hrd time believing cats wouldnt take the cliche route just to broaden thier fanbase... how is that confusing? some cats dont give a shit...

like underground rapper A isnt trying to achieve the same shit with his own style from his bedroom that Soldja Boy did with everyone elses style from his bedroom?

like i think the underground got infested with cornballs, the shows now, the scribble jams look nothing like they used too, etc, shit like that

I didnt go throwing out my old underground tapes like fuck that shit, its corny now

whats my alternative?

chill with the cornballs who are now suddenly mainstream lovers?

like the mainstream didnt get infested either?

how about I do me, decide what I like, and find those around me who enjoy in the ame things, not cuz theya re told too, but because they like it

I used to post on here "I think Yung Jeezey is actually pretty good" and i'd catch hate from some of the very same people in this thread saying im a clown...

but if i posted "that new Jedi mInd Tricks track is sick" i'd be rm hero for a week

now that the dynamics have changed its like the roles reversed

dudes your defnding in here are more trendy then anyone your arguing agaisnt walt
    test
  16. YuNG WaLT

NOOOPE...this is NUTE thee point player...

just answer me this....why does "Good Appealing Music" mean "bubblegum" to you?...

and just cuz U yourself can read aseops lyrics and decide that its appealing and good to YOU doesnt mean everyone else will agree...

and yea...u may be able to draw the conclusion that he can write any kinda song he wants...

but does that mean its gonna be good/enjoyable to the MAJORITY of people who hear it?....

NO...

can he himself..BY CHOICE...make it be?...

NO...

THAT sir...IS the point
    test
  17. MeSko

MeSko I love Fat Chicks

i dont think he means good appealing music means bubblegum to him

i think he means rap music on the radio now my little sister could listen too safely

I'd buy the edited version for my daghter and its cool

little girls can superman in school and not get suspended

its accessible for all ages and folks...

it is to a certain extent, bubblegum, cuz anyone can buy it...

go pop in some of the radio edits of what used to be on the radio...

shit still scared white america half to death, shit was still not getting cleared for radio, etc

i don think bubblegum is even a bad term, its just a classification for safe music
    test
  18. Raw Enforcement

i don't fuck wit it too much, and it's ignorant to call it garbage SINCE I DON'T FUCK WIT IT TOO MUCH....how is that shittin on it?....roflmao, cuz i prefer boom-bap?....

not too deep Anon....

as for the white guy/token black guy shit, i've been out of that whole self-righteous hiphop crowd since 2002 bro, and i was THEN hoppin on a bandwagon, as i became more familiar with rappin on the internet....roflmao, ironic eh?....i GREW UP OUT OF THAT SHIT...i was on it for a good 2 or 3 years....anybody who is STILL, in 2008, on that shit is USUALLY a white boy, or a suburban ass token black guy...and i hope you don't think i'm saying that "everybody that still listen to mid-90's hip hop" is white or token black...im saying that this whole movement of "you are a sell-out, pointin the finger and making claims about what real hiphop is" ass mo'fuckas usually are, true or false??????

and what is this "excuses" shit you talkin bout?...i ain't makin no fucking excuses, excuses for what?...my music is reflective of what i grew up on, ain't no need to make excuses for myself, im defending MUSIC...which hiphop purists try to make rules for.....

ROFLMAO@homeboy implying i'm on some bandwagon shit....no brother, i WAS on a bandwagon....the same one you're still on....

now, since you COMPLETELY ignored everything else i said in my post....any other contradictions you want me to elaborate on for you?...
    test
  19. YuNG WaLT

see...this is the thing u and Anon seem to be confusing about me...I agree with everything u sayin...I have this exact same perspective...from this standpoint of it...

I have Helta Skelta too...along wit alotta otha BootCamp...Hiro...and lots of otha '90's era shit....but ay...was that music good cuz it was showin the utmost skill on the mic...or cuz it was simply just GOOD...APPEALING MUSIC....that even back then...not just ANY LYRICIST could duplicate by choice?...

yea..think on that for a sec...

but that doesnt mean im gonna agree that any and all undground acts can determine the size of they fanbase or how widely appealing their music is..BY CHOICE......SIMPLY cuz they have provin to be "great lyricist" or always use the UTMOST skill and creativity with everything they ever touch...

thats what this thread is SUPPOSE to be about...read the thread title...

yall couldnt dispell Nims argument...so yall turn the thread into somethin else...to make it look like I think Soulja Boys corny ass is good...

im just sayin...respect him for doin HIM...and gettin as popular as he has by doin HIM...no matter how much or little skill it took to do so.
    test
  20. Raw Enforcement

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.