cut the bullshit, underground "lyricists" can not EASILY make GOOD appealing music...

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Nimrod, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celph Centered

Celph Centered Detroit's Voice

test
  2. YuNG WaLT

YuNG WaLT GhettoChild Ambassador

damn...ni99a said I sound like Neezy...lol...

Plumber say he the illest around tho...so I guess its a compliment...

but aY Exo...I think I remember u sayin ur a Hova fan right?...

if so...check out Dreams....

then tell me I still sound like Neez..

haha
    test
  3. Celph Centered

Celph Centered Detroit's Voice

LMAO WALT NEEZY lol
    test
  4. Beige

Beige Yup... Its me

word....lol
    test
  5. deadweather

deadweather ******

nimrod is right
    i'm glad the rule only exists in hip hop
    test
  6. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

exactly, now expand so these idiots can understand
    test
  7. Hibernation

Hibernation Well-Known Member

He doesnt have to, because he defeated the whole argument with that statement

"Before people actually tried hard to write a good verse and drop knowledge, there was a thing called good music that was absolutely brainless but fun"
    test
  8. Skrybe SK

Skrybe SK Guest

noooo

whats he's saying is, the purpose is to make music that people want to hear and can relate to...

not write a 300 bar formula discussing ribo-nucleic peptides that nobody gives a fuck about.

The point is to make MUSIC...lyrics arent music, they are a PART of music. But without the other parts...lyrics aint shit.

LOL @ thinking jsut cuz somebody can write lyrics they know how to make music. Theres a reason its MUSIC and not called POETRY...lol
    test
  9. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

^i dont get why these underground based dudes dont get that

like hibe honestly said that its easier for him to write a HIT thn to write his normal verses

he thinks that just becus he comes up with some simple lyrics, its a HIT

u gota be fuckin kiddin me

i could write lyrics to the caliber of any 50 cent song within seconds, that doesnt mean its as good a SONG, or that its gona be a hit

because writing a song is 4993 times mre than lyrics

its a SONG, not a fuckin POEM

poem is a part of it, but the fact that its a SONG and not poetry implies that there is a SOUND aspect that is more important
    test
  10. YuNG WaLT

^^and addin to that...

no "hit" song in the history of american music was a hit off of the LYRICS alone...

its a combination of things....beat...melody....hook arrangement....delivery....all coming together to form how the song SOUNDS....

then it still has to be acccepted and aknowleged as a HIT to be one...

its not a hit just because MR.I-THINK-IM-A-DOPE-LYRICST-SO-I-MUST-BE-ABLE-TO-EASILY-PEN-A-HIT says or thinks it is...

the listeners decide that...not the artist...

some artist have a gift of hearing what has a higher probability to be accepted as a hit....

while others can pen cosistantly pen what may be considered the illest set of 16 bar verses ever spit by a "lyricist"....

but that ability alone will NEVER garuntee a hit....no matter how much effort or skill u thought u did or didnt put into it.
    test
  11. ANONIMUS

ANONIMUS resident middlefinger

yall keep on with that 'music' argument like by saying that you are implying that the underground is just a bunch of banging and fast crazy multisyllable shit...you know you are wrong...using that word music is a cop out to make music that is POP...listen to blackalicious...listen to ali...nobody listens to garbage that doesnt flow and actually sounds good...there is a plus factor when someone RIPS a GOOD SOUNDING SONG...without tailoring their shit to the pop crowd...which yall are defending like madmen
    test
  12. Skrybe SK

Skrybe SK Guest

the fugees had a hit record...sold michael jackson numbers on it...

wasnt shit on that entire album pop.

It was good music.
    test
  13. ANONIMUS

ok? I bought that fugees album and liked it? they were actually saying something and it wasnt tailored to a pop crowd...it was also DIFFERENT...you are also talking about 94...what is your point?

are you actually comparing the fugees first album to shit like laffy taffy and soulja boy?
    test
  14. Skrybe SK

Skrybe SK Guest

im saying that you can make GOOD QUALITY MUSIC without being pop or selling out and STILL achieve major commercial success.

Aesop Rock and other niggaz like him aint underground cuz they dont want to conform....they underground cuz they dont know how to make 'The Score'

if you choose to 'say something' as you put it...and do you musically, be true to your spirit and all that jazz...its still the quality of your music that determines your success.

If you want to rap about saving whales do that...but if you dont sell its not because you CHOSE not to sell...its not because you took some moral high road...its because your music isnt good enough to appeal to the masses.
    test
  15. Skrybe SK

Skrybe SK Guest

and you keep bringing up laffy taffy...then niggaz aint sell no record neither...lol

they sold some ringtones how the fuck are thy even in the conversation?
    test
  16. YuNG WaLT

ay Nim.....this is the right time to use the word...Chuuuch....lol
    test
  17. ANONIMUS

first...define masses

second...aesop has been targeted by major labels all over the place and chooses NOT to sign to big labels because of the politics that go on...which is exactly the point of the entire discussion...Slug has too...you think growing that size of a fanbase on limited promo doesnt attract majors? come theee fuck on...

third...when making this argument please stop referring to music that came out in the mid and early 90's...it has no bearing on the conversation because hip hop wasnt in the state that it is now...those arguments make not a drop of sense at all

fourth...its not cuz they dont want to conform to industry standards? are you serious? you dont think that if a big money label with big distro and promo came up to these cats and offered them 100% creative control and accepted the SAME shit they do now, they wouldnt sign? seriously that is mind boggling

who the fuck rhymes about saving the whales? lmao thats what you think underground shit is? maybe cats stay underground so they can make music THEY feel and can take it anywhere they want to without a major label beggin for them to make radio ready and pop songs...you say its your job to do so...I say thats a sell out....
    test
  18. ANONIMUS

and please explain to me what on the radio right now today...that is hip hop and is "quality music"

are you at least 50% serious about that?

"quality music" has "quality" in all parts of the song...yall are defending shit that is below average "music" with a huge following...and people taking their above average talent and deciding to be below average to get fucking MONEY...
    test
  19. YuNG WaLT

yea they'll sign...who da fuck is insinuatin that they wouldnt?...

yes they'd sign....but will that automatically mean they gonna be able to make music thats just as appealing and will sell just as much as anyone else on that Major?...

no matter how lyrical they are...they cant just make they music appeal to as many people as they want...wheneva they want...at all....

if they could they would...they dont because they cant or just havent figured out how to yet...

how anyone can argue that is just...wow.
    test
  20. ANONIMUS

how do you know positively that if these cats got the same amount of promo as every other bullshit artists on a major label that they wouldnt go platinum? How do you know that if ace got MTV play 80 times a day and every third song on KYS that he wouldnt go platinum? do you think radio is controlled by the 'masses'? and you arent guaranteed that shit even IF you are cookie cutter nonsense...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.