cut the bullshit, underground "lyricists" can not EASILY make GOOD appealing music...

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Nimrod, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

i cant stand when i see people arguing talkin about

underground people who ffocus on crazy battlish lyrics and rhyme scheme can EASILY make music like mainstream people, but mainstream people cant make lyrics with crazy rhymescheme and lyrics

ummm, No!

that is NOT the case, because if it was, then every undeground n1gga would be making MUSIC as good as kanye, or common, or lupe

u gota be kiddin me

i know that most mainstream commercial dudes cant get lyrical, but to say that underground n1ggas CAN make appealing commercial songs as appealing as mainstreeam dudes, that is total bullshit

theres a reason why common is successful, and jedi mind tricks remain in the depths of the underground forever

theres a reason why kanye and lupe and the roots, and mos def have been successful and apathy, and juice, and etc etc whoever u wana name, are on 2 completely different levels

doesnt common rap AS "underground" and as lyrical as those dudes? of course he does

whats the difference?

common knows HOW TO MAKE A SONG, he knows how to make APPEALING MUSIC

he isnt just yelling rhyme schemes and armeggedon music over a beat

he's lyrical, AND he knows how to make an appealing song

jedi mind tricks cant do that, apathy cant do that, diabolic cant do that, none of them n1ggas can do that

so i dont get where yall stay on this bullshit as if it'd be EASY for underground n1ggas to do what mainstream n1ggas do

thats completely retarded

point of the matter is, its NEVER all about lyrics, NEVER all about rhyme scheme, im actually tired of hearing people comment on somebody's RHYME SCHEME

its about making GOOD MUSIC that combines all the elements of GOOD MUSIC

from the beginnings of our musical culture, music has ALWAYS been about SOUNDING GOOD, and if it has a strong deep message that enhances it

music has NEVER been about JUST having crazy lyrics, and then forgettin the fact that it has to SOUND GOOD

if that was the case, then n1ggas should do spoken word, or do text

i mean i aint trying to act better than n1ggas, i used to be on the same shit to, like fuck the mainstream, its all about crazy rhyme scheme and lyrics

but people grow out of that, u have to grow out of it, like u HAVE to see why common and kanye been successful and why other dudes been rappin for 15 yrs and they still on •••••••••••s.com

and its not OUT OF CHOICE< its because they can not make GOOD MUSIC, period

either they dont have the swag, or they just dont have what it takes to be looked up to by the masses

so dudes needa stop talkin about they wana remain underground, nobody wants to REMAIN underground, are u kiddin me

those dudes just realize they cant make the music it TAKES to make it out of the underground
    test
  2. Odd Man Outt

Odd Man Outt President of the South

i dont think u finished your post but i agree
    test
  3. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

^yeh i hit some enter shit by mistake
    test
  4. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

its like this, being underground no longer means U HAVE LYRICS

lupe, kanye, common, mos def, talib, nas, have all proved u can be commercially successful and HAVE LYRICS

but u also gota know how to MAKE MUSIC, period
    test
  5. Beige

Beige Yup... Its me

I shall rise from the underground like night of the living dead.....

but yeah.. I pretty much fully concur with all the above statements. No disclaimer
    test
  6. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

look at andre3000, more lyrical than all them n1ggas

but he can MAKE GOOD MUSIC
    test
  7. Revanon

Revanon Comeback of the Year.

Hmmmm....
    test
  8. Odd Man Outt

Odd Man Outt President of the South

aight i just skimmed through your post...i can dig it

its really no argument for this shit...niggaz should either say "yes nim, fa sho" or "u right, i'll remember that next time i'm bout to record some bullshit"
    test
  9. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

i was in the strip club in newark 2 nights ago, and guess who came on?

common

u think u'd ever hear apathy in a strip club? come on

common makes GREAT sounding music, and his lyrics are topnotch

a lot of people hate the word swag, but fact of the matter, is that its all about swag man

and by swag i dont mean u gota dress or look a certain way, u dont have to look like the typical nyc rapper

u just gota be cool in ya own right, and have a certain demographic look at u like u are above them, and u are a star in their eyes

who da hell looks up to wana be like diabolic? or louis logic?

artists gota stand out from the masses, simple as that

if u look like a dude who can walk down the street with a bunch of truck drivers, and not stand out, u have one major point against u

when u have swag in ur existence, u tend to have swag in ur music

u aint gona see a truck driver lookin dude sounding like jay-z on a record

and u aint gona see a faboloso lookin dude sounding like vinnie paz on a record

it all goes hand in hand
    test
  10. x - calli

x - calli Guest

youre right

its either cause they CANT make appealing music that you can bump outside of your headphones

or they choose to stick to a style that will never get very popular.

either way, its not like making appealing mainstream music is easy, or much easier than complex rhymes

its two different avenues of rapping. you can develop tight lyrics, OR you can develop a cool sound and swag, OR both, which is the best.

dudes make the mistake of thinking that just because they prefer the esoteric complex rhyme style, that thier PREFERENCE is far superior to what they dont like (the mainstream).

you can argue which one takes more skill or is more worthy, but you cant deny that BOTH avenues do require talent

lol @ me typing like you, i dont know why
    test
  11. Baron Mynd

Baron Mynd Swaggersaurus Rex

Ive never heard anyone say its easy for an underground head to make appealing music. Ever.

Meh.
    test
  12. Haze

Haze I hear the streets

no wonder why ngas think kids online are dorks, yall analyze things Waaaaaaaaay too much. why dont u just make the music u want and shut the fuck up .. apathy SUCKS, aesop rock SUCKS, most of them wack underground dudes suck, its not their fault, but the music they choose to make sucks dick and only nerdy ass white boys feel that shit but thats the audience their content with...... plus, if ur shit doesnt touch the streets then u have no career in this rap shit anyway cept for scribble jams ..lol
    test
  13. DZK

DZK DZKonline.net

appealing music has nothing to do with lyrics.
    test
  14. Phene

Phene High Off Life, LLC.

I didnt read everything but I agree with the main point.

Dudes be thinking that because "rapper so & so" writes some canibus esque lyrical shit that he can turn around and easily do what these "wack" cats in the game are doing...

Then the excuse for "rapper so & so" not being successful is because he doesn't want to Dumb it Down or stoop to their level.

Half these super-lyrical cats can't make a good song to save their life.
    test
  15. kingauthor

kingauthor Active Member

^^^if thats the case i got two words for yall......................Big Punisher.
    test
  16. Phene

Phene High Off Life, LLC.

^^He's not part of that half then, obviously.

Pun is a legend.
    test
  17. Dely

Dely In The Trap

i think cire and war machine were the latest to say this
    test
  18. kingauthor

kingauthor Active Member

wait a minute he started as an "underground lyricist" if u followed his career. Now lets name another one...................Eminem
    test
  19. Dely

Dely In The Trap

did u not see where the nicca said everybody cant do it

stop before u hurt urself son
    test
  20. Barrax

Barrax Movin on UP

lol @ yall still arguing about this though

who really thinks like that?

besides the 2 ppl dely named i guess
    test