Currently reading/watching?

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Carpe Noctem, Apr 3, 2011.

1. ssok-apus

ssok-apus Well-Known Member

Bruce lee is kind of a comic. I still vote Spambot.
    test
  2. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

Manga: Abara

Great graphics, great idea, terribly fucking executed.

It's about creatures with a bone manipulating ability similar to Kimimaro from Naruto. No character development whatsoever and way too short.
    test
  3. NOBLE SOLDIER

NOBLE SOLDIER Fireball Kid

I started watching and reading Sekirei.. lol. Its basically pokemon.. except instead of collecting little creatures.. u collect hot big titted women that fight for u.. lol..
    test
  4. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

Manga: Just finished Basilisk. Dope shit. Short and sweet. Crazy ninjustsu and tons of fan service.

Anime: Finished Big O. Probably my favorite anime ever atm. Started a 24 episode series Blassreiter. Pretty good so far. Sci-fi anime about corpses turned demonic like creatures who can assimilate objects to their bodies and shit.
    test
  5. ssok-apus

Recently finished:

Soul Eater - they had a great hand-to-hand fight scene the first episode and then never again, only powers fights were good thereafter. Great concept, a bit childish because of the moral message to accept each other to make everyone stronger through "Soul Resonance". I liked it, great to have on in the back as it's simple.

Elfen Lied - God that was dull. Gratuitous violence and gore, check; Nudity, check; Incest, check; Scientific human experiment conspiracy, check; Yawn, check.

Rin - Daughters of Mnemosyne - That was great. formulaic episodes, each one opening to RIN having a hangover. A murder mystery through the ages, with its own tale of the circle of life, which is never fully explained. Adult.

Canaan - I need to watch this again to get more out of it. Generic action/conspiracy anime, but it had a great atmosphere to it, and just felt deep and full of substance.

Durarara! or Ergo proxy next. - I'll probably go for Durarara! because Ergo Proxy looks ridiculous, the trailer blows me away.

I just stream the dubs. These are all just short series. I'm liking the 17+ animes, if only because they aren't centered on little boys or "shounen".
    test
  6. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

You gave up on House of Five Leaves?
    test
  7. ssok-apus

I can't find that in a dub, so I have to wait until I can focus on it.
    test
  8. L7 - LMV - L7

L7 - LMV - L7 The Fat Cat

i started reading soul eater the other day.

you fags need too watch Ganktasuou.
    test
  9. NOBLE SOLDIER

I thought RIN was good too.. some of it was a little out there @ the end tho.. I read Elfin Lied.. i thought it was good.. Soul Eater seems too childish..

I watched Chrome Shelled Regios.. Really surprised me.. wasnt expecting much and got a great return.. Really wanna see a continuance of it..
    test
  10. Matches T. Malone

Matches T. Malone Registered Playboy

I'm falling behind. I'm a couple episodes into soul eater(i've been waiting for a fight scene like the first one, looks like it's not coming) and rin. decent so far.

Gankutsuou was an interesting adaptation, but it was nothing that special. i would still recommend it though.

kozs, are you just focusing on a few short animes at a time? perhaps i'm spread too thin. nh...end up watching too many titles and end up advancing at a snails pace because of that.

Last couple new series' that i've started...don't think i've mentioned them yet.

started the first disc of Black Butler...unless the remaining eps on this disc pick up significantly, i don't think i'm going to continue this one.

Kaze No Yojimbo - good...could be very good if it ends well.

Heat guy J- decent/good...interesting enough, though i hate when they adopt italian mafia style syndicates...niggas have yahuzas and a deep jap cultural background pool to work from, stick to that.

Tsukikage Ran - Best anime that i've started...older mid-late 90's, but it's well done. observe [​IMG]

Eden of the East - short and very good. not done with it but i think it's just a 2-3 disc series.

baki the grappler - good fighing anime, kind of cliche and it's no hajime no ippo, but it's good.
    test
  11. NOBLE SOLDIER

im gonna check out Tsukikage Ran.. probably tonight.. thanks for the recommendation..
    test
  12. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

I've been watching Deadman Wonderland. They finally released the anime for it.
    test
  13. KOzS

KOzS .Juster

Yeah, I like the short ones that end.
    test
  14. NOBLE SOLDIER

i've been reading "Eden No Ori" or Cage Of Eden.. Really enjoying it.
    test
  15. Mechstudios

Mechstudios New Member

Anybody peep X-Men: Schism?
    test
  16. NOBLE SOLDIER

test
  17. The Caesar

The Caesar Like the Willow

Manga: Akaboshi

Anime: .hack//SIGN
    test
  18. NOBLE SOLDIER

how is that manga dex..
    test
  19. NOBLE SOLDIER

i didnt like hack.. but did really give it a good try..
    test
  20. The Caesar

The Caesar Like the Willow

Cool storyline. Sung Dynasty China and corrupt govt.

The characters are interesting and articulated upon.

I like it so far.
    test