Cubase 4 LE EQ question

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by k.s., Apr 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k.s.

k.s. .

So I'm using Chris Brown's Deuces instrumental for a song I'm remixing. I've recorded my verse and overdubs. Now I want to clean the vocals up. I've heard many say do compression first, and many have told me to EQ first. Which one do I do first?

Now onto EQing. I know that whatever frequency ranges my vocals are hitting I am supposed to lower that freq range in the instrumental/beat so that my vocals have a carved out pathway to comfortably lay. Right now I can hear the clashing in that range because I haven't done so. The thing is I don't know which range my vocals are hitting. How can I tell? I don't see any moving graphs for the freq ranges in Cubase 4LE EQ mixer.

Cubase 4LE has a 4 band EQ, I'm very new to learning how to mix/master but I think that means there are 4 points/areas that I can cut or boost, am I correct?

Can someone help me find out where to lower the frequencies in the beat because I don't know how to find which freq range my vocals are laying at.
    test
  2. ~G.I~

~G.I~ Mastering Engineer/Mod

that should do it
    test
  3. k.s.

k.s. .

Since I'm using an instrumental I've downloaded. I just throw the 4band EQ on the entire beat and just use one band to lower the frequency at which I think my vocals lay? Maybe use a band on my vocals around 100Hz with a high pass filter of 3dB to cut out unneeded low frequencies of my vocals?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.