CS is back!

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by GaLaTeA, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

test
  2. Konflikt

Konflikt ●○●○●○●○●○●

test
  3. Konflikt

Konflikt ●○●○●○●○●○●

blah this needs to come to 360
    test
  4. Alchemik

Alchemik New Member

I need this ! *__* I love CS
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Hopefully it will...

Yay, another CS fan!

:welcome: to the board!
    test
  6. HANNAHMONTANA

HANNAHMONTANA New Member

it's coming to all platforms (not sure about mac) but honestly i think this game looks like shit.

it's so far removed from the game that made cs blow up (1.6 and previous), but even more bewildering is that it's also far removed from source too. the lenient headshot hitboxes are going away but still they're keeping the same clientside prediction-less netcode, aswell as needlessly shitting on the crosshair (what the FUCK is going on there, honestly?).

a lot of guns just look like they operate different entirely. i appreciate the fact that it's essentially a remake with appealing elements from both 1.6 and source, but why does it just play so bad?

i don't think cs:go is going to get big. source is still a good fps to just fuck around on and 1.6 is still solid as a competitive title, but as a whole the premise of CS just isn't appealing to everyday idiots anymore.

CoD has a wonderful formula where you have to unlock 90% of the guns, 'perks' and other garbage through playing over and over. people like to feel like they're on a progression path, and i feel like the natural difficulty of cs (relative to glorified 'death match modern warfare' like BF3 and MW3), punishing death system (waiting for rounds) and lack of carrot-on-a-sticking is going to make this come up short in the masses.

i said the same thing about source when it was coming out, and all source really did was split the community. the people who were relatively bad at 1.6 moved onto source because it was easier and eye candy and the people who were good at 1.6 kept playing 1.6 (na'vi is still the best cs team in the world) for the money. sure, some players made the switch for the dough, but a lot of those guys got nowhere.

CS is relatively dead in north america as it stands anyway. there's a small niche community playing on ESEA, but trying to boot into 1.6 or source these days and find a server through the traditional lists just gives you a bunch of endless bot server cycles.

then again, i'm sure valve knows that. they're a great developer, smart about their decisions, and greatest of all, they're owned by themselves, so they don't have to do scumbaggy shit like most major publishers do to their games.

i would say 'good luck'. i got my beta key a couple months ago and i honestly can't bare to play for more than 30 minutes. there just isn't much joy to be had with the game anymore. maybe it's because of the 2 maps or i'm just not used to it. i'm someone who's first computer game (on my own PC, anyway) at age 9 was counter-strike beta 9 and who played CS and source for a couple years straight until world of warcraft came out in 2004. cs has a giant soft spot for me, but what you can play right now in the GO beta is just utter trash.

but, it could be that i'm just more interested in dota 2.
    test
  7. murtaman

murtaman New Member

Sick! Was always more of a Team Fortress Classic guy myself, but this looks sweet as fuck.
    test
  8. Digi7oll

Digi7oll Member

Chea! Played the beta already.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.