crossfit will turn you into a super hero

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Red1, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red1

Red1 A Figure of Speech

test
  2. Red1

Red1 A Figure of Speech

here is some of their trophy case stuff which is basically challenges set forth by the site for its members

CrossFit Challenges
    These are the CrossFit Challenges that have been completed and the people who completed them!

1. Do ten consecutive muscle-ups without touching ground.
    Kawika Bennett!

2. Do 21 consecutive "thrusters" (deep front sqauat to push-press) with dumbbells totaling 1/2 your body weight.
    Cameron Earle!

3. Beat Philippe Kahn's 1:26.0 500 meter Concept II row.
    Garth Taylor - 1:25.5 !

4. Vertical leap 1/2 your body height.
    Staton Gibson IV - 5'11"; 36" leap!

5. Run 1 mile and bench-press you body weight 21 reps all within ten minutes.
    Dave McEvoy - 5:42 !

6. Row 500 meters THEN perform a set of 20 STRICT pull-ups both within 4 minutes.
    Rory Duane - 3:09.56!
    Sam Paschel - 3:49.47 !

7.Bench press your weight 30 times. Of course, this is a single set.
    Dave Warren - 185 pounds
    test
  3. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

Hahah thats what i used to do it really is the most complete workout in one...its basically circuit training...it benefits fighters big time.

its tough...so guys who are use to split training beware dont rush you have start slow first before you can elevate trust me on this you will puke, or pass out or get seriously fatigued if you try the advance routine...
    test
  4. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

^you have to put this link in the 2nd post and not your first post or else it will be moved to the gallery man.

their pull ups are cheating...they are using momentum and not upper body strength lol snaking it up to the bar.

if they did pull ups the right way and slowly they wouldnt have any strenght to do the squat thrusts.
    test
  5. Red1

Red1 A Figure of Speech

i think over at cross fit they call these kips. specifically using your whole body to do the pull up.
    test
  6. J o o k

J o o k Guest

shit looks difficult.
    test
  7. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

well i did something similar they call this workout FRAN

I dont really agree with kips those kinda pull ups to me are false and dont really do much

I did this but with 75 pounds on the bar and i only did 3 to 4 pull ups at a time with perfect form and not bouncing.

trust me on this the way that blonde guy was doing it is very very bad you see his shoulders? if he didnt have strong shoulder joints he would dislocated or tear something...its better safe then sorry.

watch these videos this guy is probally has stronger functional strenght then those two guys and his grip is probally gorilla.

this slow pullup develops the back and true strength no cheating.
    http://media.putfile.com/slow-Pullups
    test
  8. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

Dope shit, that is definately something I would do.
    test
  9. Red1

Red1 A Figure of Speech

here is an interesting discussion on the values of the KIP

http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/22/8991.html

but im like you and prefer regular pull ups. but i could see the benefits of the kip version too. just like i prefer underhand and shoulder width grip but i know the benefit of adding close grip and wide grip overhand work as well.
    test
  10. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

i cant do all of that without rest/water.. i would get light headed from so much blood leaving my brain into my muscles and collapse
    test
  11. doubl3

doubl3 aka AyHay

Must be nutzzz to think im'a try that
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.