Crooked I has a restraining order against Suge

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Parental_Advisory, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parental_Advisory

Parental_Advisory Click Click Pow

Crooked I Speaks On Tha Row Restraining Order
    By Nolan Strong
    Date: 2/17/2005 5:57 pm

Rapper Crooked I has filed a temporary restraining order against Marion "Suge" Knight, CEO of Tha Row, claiming that Knight is interfering with his recording career.

Crooked I, who signed with the label in 1999 and made national television appearances with Knight, alleges that other record labels interested in signing him are being chased away by Knight, who claims the Crooked I is still signed to Tha Row.

"It's ashame that we have to go there," Crooked I told AllHipHop.com. "My whole thing is, when I told him [Suge] I wanted to make a move, he always told me, 'if you wanna make a move, I'll let you bounce.' So when he sent the cease and desist to stop my recording career and they kept saying that I was still signed on Tha Row's website, it kind of puzzled me. On top of that, I felt the contract was expired. I gotta live out here, I gotta eat and put music out on the streets."

Crooked I, who was signed to Virgin before signing with Tha Row, is considered one of Hip-Hop's brightest emerging talents, due to his lyrical prowess.

He said he fulfilled his obligations to the label by recording almost four albums worth of material for Tha Row that has never been released. He said he also did writing for Left Eye and Kurupt and believes his contract actually expired in 2003.

"Right now, the contract is being debated. It's all based on interpretation," Crooked I explained. "Four years, no releases, I turned in my masters. Once you turn in your masters and nothing comes out, it’s over. I have turned in mastered albums and nothing came out. Death Row’s interpretation is that it’s not over. So we have to go to court to see who’s right."

Crooked I is currently working on a documentary about his time at Death Row and his transformation from a rapper, to a rapper/CEO.

Label woes aside, Crooked I said that while the ordeal has been a struggle, he would eventually persevere.

"I am trying to have everything clean so everyone will be confident when they are dealing with me," Crooked I continued. "I want to go full swing without having to worry about this dude [Suge] coming out of the darkness."
    test
  2. Parental_Advisory

Parental_Advisory Click Click Pow

Guess this would make him the same bitch we've called Dre and Snoop for the same thing...
    test
  3. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Nah, Suge Knight would bitch Mike Tyson... lmfao
    test
  4. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

no hes smart.
    test
  5. Madpoet

Madpoet why is this so short....

Id be scared of SUGE too if he rolled up on you with 7 dudes with guns..

Anyone who says they wouldnt is full of shit..
    test
  6. Mall Bang

Mall Bang ...Ya Heard?

People never learn even after Dre n Snoop situation... Crooked I is got skills dude needs to be heard.
    test
  7. gooser

gooser New Member

I heard one song by Crooked I and it sound like crap. It was the one he made with Sisqo.

But besides that Suge Knight is a big ass prison punk and I don't blame dude for filing a restraining order or taking some kind of legal action against that gay muthafucka cuz its only a matter of time before that big faget azz nigga start stalking him like he doing Dr. Dre and Snoop.

Suge Knight is a fake azz nigga bullshit hating muthafucka who acts like a bitch when things can't go his way. Dude said he wanted to bounce because shit wasn't popping at death row. He should be a man and accept the shit that he wasn't handling dudes buisness like a CEO and owner of a label should.

Muthafuckas are stupid as fuck to even do buisness with him. I mean think about what the fuck can this Suge Knight do for you as a manger???? When is the last time this moron released an album???????? He can't put shit on a table because he too busy stalking ex death row artist and running in and out of prison.

I'm tired of hearing about this stupid muthafucka. Why don't he concentrate on releasing albums and getting his label back together.

You notice all the artist that went through death row, the only ones that are being fucked with by him are the ones that made him the most money Dr. Dre and Snoop dogg. I believe he had something to do with killing Tupac. This dude Crooked I every one said he was the one that was suppose to bring the west back and dude had talent. He had a good fan base for some one that haven't released shit. Suge Knight is fucking with him because he hating and knows the money he let get away.
    test
  8. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Crooked I's the dopest from the West by a MILE and is top 3 dead or alive.... he needs a album to prove it but I think just off lyrical talent, he gets that nod from me... he's a SICK ass muh'fucka... you definitely gotta peep more songs by du'
    test
  9. Kriptik Thoughtz

Kriptik Thoughtz New Member

^^hes numba 2 in the west next to ras kass.. ;)
    test
  10. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

^^^^ No way man... Crooked's at another level from Ras... (PLEASE DO NOT START SOME GAY ASS NAME-CALLIN' BULLSHIT!!!) NO "NET THUGS" RESPOND!!! LMFAO
    test
  11. Al Murder U

Al Murder U Lyrically...

it sucks, there is no reason to just sit there for nothing, i mean, i know they pushed his shit back for kurrupt, but i dont think kurrupt is gonna drop, im really startin to realize that sugeknight isnt a great business man.
    test
  12. Kriptik Thoughtz

crooked got better flow and shit...

but ras is much more lyrical.. better punches and metaphors even tho he doesnt have the mic presence as crooked
    test
  13. ADubXJ03

ADubXJ03 New Member

lol @ crooked thinkin a restraining order will stop suge...nigga is crazy as shit, if he wants to hurt him he'll find a way...

does anyone know why deathrow didnt drop any of crooks albums?

arent they just losing money by letting him record all this shit for nothing? it should benefit THEM to drop his shit when hes got a strong buzz...crook was all about bringing back tha row, suge is retarded for not takin advantage of someone so enthusiastic, talented and popular...shits a joke yo
    test
  14. Al Murder U

Al Murder U Lyrically...

test
  15. Dialted

Dialted Mr. Ted dial

Suge is a scary mawfucka.
    test
  16. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Nah, Crooked I is one of the most lyrical EVER... syllable rhyming, inner rhyme patterns, complex rhyme schemes, and so on.. and Crooked's mic presence is MUCH stronger IMO

all Ras gets is his punches/metaphors on 'em but Crooked's nice at 'em too
    test
  17. Kriptik Thoughtz

cause crooked didnt rap about the gangsta bullshit dat suge made pac rap about... and he didnt wanna fuck up deathrows gangsta image by releasing someone with skill that uses vocab.. cause i've been told if u are ed-jam-a-cate-ed in cali ur lose ur "street" cred.. lmao
    test
  18. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

if you listen to Crooked, he wanted to be a scholar... so he's DEFINITELY a smart muh'fucka... you can tell by his vocabulary... definitely

I PRAY TO GOD, CROOKED'S BODY DOESN'T SHOW UP IN SOME ALLEY LIKE BIG L... THIS GUY'S TOO GOOD AND I'LL BE SOOOOOOOOOOOOO UPSET!!!!!!!!
    test
  19. TheNotoryousOne

TheNotoryousOne Grown Ass Man

Word. But Crooked deserves the blame for this. What the hell was he thinkin' bout when he signed with Tha Row in the first place? He knew what the situation was like over there. I don't even know what the hell Kurupt was thinkin when he went back. You'd think niggas would've learned by now.
    test
  20. gotband4nothing

gotband4nothing New Member

will some1 hurry up and fuking kill Suge?!!!!!!!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.