crooked I feat akon- dream big

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by IcE MiX, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IcE MiX

IcE MiX New Member

how did this song not get any mainstream love? I mean Akon on the hook is a pretty good shot at mainstream success if the rest of the track is good ..and the lyrics on this are sick. I thought this track would get him radio play, but I guess it didn't make noise at all.
    "I had a dream that I would rise to the top, you haters like it not, who number 1? I got my eyes on your spot"

" Late nights on the corner crooked had em a dream, to drive a maroon 5 call it adam levine"
    "even paralyzed people gotta stand for somethin"

YouTube - HoodNews?:Crooked I "Dream BIG" ft. AKON
    test
  2. Uzi_'The Fam'

Uzi_'The Fam' Krazed Familia

cuz no matter how good u are the radio is all politics. u have to meet certain criteria for some programmers. sometimes u have to pay and competing with big time labels isnt feasable. sometimes u jus gotta dick ride the djs who are runnin shit but aint no real nigga gonna do that. there's way too much bullshit involved in gettin on the radio so i completely understand y a song hot as this didnt see massive radio spins
    test
  3. nappyjim

nappyjim Active Member

simple...it wasn't a radio single. Very very very very rarely are lyrical songs radio friendly.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.