Creationist offers $10,000 for anyone to debunk the Genesis account

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Of creation in court.
    Creationist offers $10,000 to anyone willing to challenge literal interpretation of Genesis in court

A California man who believes the literal interpretation of the Bible is real is offering $10,000 to anyone who can successfully debunk claims made in the book of Genesis in front of a judge.

And for a man wanting to debate the very nature of human existence, Joseph Mastropaolo is taking a decidedly happy-go-lucky approach, saying he hopes the contest will improve future discussions on both sides of the argument.

"The evolutionists thereafter could read that transcript and make their case a bit stronger on the next one they contend against and we can do the same," Mastropaolo told the Guardian. "We can read the transcript and not have to go through the same process over and over and over again without any let up, without any resolution."

Mastropaolo’s plan is to put $10,000 of his own money into an escrow account. His debate opponent would be asked to do the same. They would then jointly agree on a judge based on a list of possible candidates. Mastropaolo said that any evidence presented in the trial must be “scientific, objective, valid, reliable and calibrated."

For his part, Mastropaolo has a Ph.D. in kinesiology and writes for the Creation Hall of Fame website, which is helping to organize the minitrial. It’s also not the first such trial he’s tried to arrange. A previous effort, known as the “Life Science Prize,” proposed a similar scenario. Mastropaolo includes a list of possible circuit court judges to oversee the trial and a list of those he challenged to take part on the evolutionary side of the debate.

The Creation Hall of Fame website describes the event as a “chance to shine” for skeptics of creationism. “Are you willing to participate in a contest to prove your point that the Bible is wrong and that we evolved? You could go home with $20,000 if you win!”

If he can find a willing participant, the “Literal Genesis Trial” would then be held in a courthouse in Santa Ana, Calif. Of course, the trial would not have any legal basis and would not be conducted by a state or federal government body. Instead, it would be what is known as a minitrial, a voluntary, nonbinding courtroom model for certain settlement cases. Nonetheless, a bailiff and court reporter would be on hand.

After the judge’s final decision, the winner in the trial would take home $10,000.

"They [evolutionists] are not stupid people; they are bright, but they are bright enough to know there is no scientific evidence they can give in a minitrial," Mastropaolo said.
    test
  2. Ass Napkin Ed

Ass Napkin Ed DC - 19th & Benning Rd

you have a link
    because i want my money now from him
    test
  3. Kris Benwa

Kris Benwa Grown Man Bars....

That's pretty dope and he has it a point if it were that easy someone woulda done it by now he'd probably wipe the floor with whoever tried I'm interested
    test
  4. Ass Napkin Ed

i would win
    test
  5. Kris Benwa

Kris Benwa Grown Man Bars....

Try it then
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

how is anyone supposed to debunk the earth being covered in a shield of ice that god shattered down to earth?

that's like me saying, "one time i was camping, and i saw a sasquatch" you cant prove i didn't. you can tell me you dont believe in sasquatches and that none have been captured. But you could never prove beyond reasonable doubt i didn't see a sasquatch.
    test
  7. Ass Napkin Ed

the bible doesn't say that
    test
  8. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

the creationists believ that
    test
  9. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

the creationists believe that

that's what payback said anyway and hes the only creationist I know
    test
  10. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

what exactly is the literal genesis account? do we include the idea that there was no death prior to the fall of man as part of that account? if so, the fossil record debunks it directly.
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

Say what?
    test
  12. Ass Napkin Ed

payback also said being gay is the same as being an alcoholic

is this your credible source of information?
    test
  13. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

its my only source of creationist knowledge

and maybe it wasn't payback but im pretty sure I remember him explaining all about the shield of ice that covered earth and that's how all the water got here lol

pretty sure it was payback though, coulda been coup. It was definitely one of those two.
    test
  14. TheBigPayback

I assume he means the days of creation
    test
  15. Ass Napkin Ed

if thats the case, he can hand over the 10 grand now
    test
  16. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

obviously this is a publicity stunt. i hope someone worthy takes the bait. and i hope they put it on youtube.
    test
  17. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

Where Richard Dawkins at?
    test
  18. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

$10,000?

I get that on my tax return, nigga.

Put some real money up.
    test
  19. ChromeDepot

ChromeDepot Member

Kent Hovind pulled the same stunt awhile ago.

I think Dawkins has said that he chooses not to debate creationists because it gives the public the idea that creationism and science have equal footing; we know that's not the case and we know that no matter what sort of evidence we bring up, the creationists have some sort of ridiculous argument to refute it. At this point, with all of the evidence we have, nothing is going to satiate the creationist movement. I could literally travel back in time and create a time lapsed video of the evolution of the human race and creationists would deny it.

These people live in the world of fantasy.
    test
  20. x calibur

x calibur

alot depends on what about Genesis needs to be debunked. also, the fact that its based on proving it wrong makes it a loaded offer, because there's almost always some extreme workaround. e.g. god created the universe to appear as if it were 13.7 billion years old and evolution happened. it's difficult to disprove workarounds like that.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.