Creatine

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by BLOODraven, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

you found flavoured creatine? ive never seen it......and yeah that would be sick in your shake lol
    test
  2. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

trust me i'd rather it wasn't flavored. shit don't taste like fruit. just more like punch, ya dig.
    test
  3. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

lol@ flavored creatine.

the shit i had was unflavored pure monohydrate, id just toss a serving in my mouth and when the water hit it to wash it down itd just instantly dissolve.
    test
  4. absolute zero

i tried monohydrate for awhile too, but it didn't seem as effective as the stuff i have now. maybe i'll try it again later, but i've heard good things about both monohydrate and....fuck i forgot what the other kind is called.
    test
  5. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

ethyl ester, phosphate, citrate?

I use ethyl ester a lot as I get better results from it than I do monohydrate.
    test
  6. LiveFromThe781

if both you guys are using ethyl ester and getting better results than the monohydrate i may give creatine another shot and check that stuff out..is there a pure unflavored micronized version of the stuff?
    test
  7. absolute zero

yeah that's what it's called ethyl ester. i dont really know i wasn't too concerned with the flavor when i was at the science nutrition store.
    test
  8. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i wanna take all the product out of GNC, tie up the staff in the back, and then blow the shit up....

every one ive talked too doesnt know shit amd just talks out their ass spewing bullshit
    test
  9. absolute zero

yeah, i found that out. i went there with my friend who's been lifting for a few years. he seemed to know more anyways.
    test
  10. Juked

Juked like 20 of the Lions.

so creatine bloats you???

im thinking about taking it but i really want to remain as cut as possible for the beach and such......

and what brand of creatine do you guys recommend?? ive heard a mix called exceed is really good.
    test
  11. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

GNC sucks ass. The employees are paid on commission so they're encouraged to push shitty over priced products to make money.

And yes on top of that they're usually ignorant twats.

Can't say much for smaller stores either though, there's a local mom and pops store in town. I overheard one of the employees recommending arginine over creatine to some 30something year olds and I almost started laughing... This is the same douche bag who later recommended 2 methylated anabolic steroid compounds to some kid as a good stack- "Yeah I don't know what's in these, but they work great!". I didn't say anything because the kid didn't buy them, but if he had I was going to stop him. Fucking morons, I swear to god. I'll laugh when the guy has liver failure.
    test
  12. LiveFromThe781

it can add make you look a little bloated, not always, and even so its supposed to make your muscles look better anyway. try it out for a week if its that serious then just stop. or just man up and put on some weight to build muscle dude, you cant stay lean year round and make good gains...you dont have to hit 20%BF either, but i dont think theres any way to maintain ab visibility whilst making significant gains..unless you have a little extra help if you know what i mean.

ah GNC, what a wonderful place. i never knew they were paid off commission thats crazy. but yeah the last time i bought some fish oil from them there were these 2 fucking vegan faggots..well 1 was a faggot 1 was a dyke and some guidette girl..anyway as im buying the shit theyre like trying to bash it saying "ew id never drink that" and then when i telling em that its really good for reasons x,y,z theyre like yea well fish still have a CNS...like ok bitch cya later.

dont listen to people who work in bodybuilding stores theyre fucking twats. (same goes for vegans)
    test
  13. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

lol...ive mixed some nasty stuff before...fruit punch flavored bcaas and unflavored whey protein concentrate(which taste bad itself)...

i heard hydrolyzed whey is the worst though....
    test
  14. Juked

Juked like 20 of the Lions.

unflavored bccas taste sooo horrible
    test
  15. BLOODraven

BLOODraven New Member

Fuck, i've trusted them on my last supplements. The guy did sound educated, and according to the facts on the back
    PLEASE SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME EDUCATED ANSWERS HERE:

1. What is the best brand of creatine? (Just the best; I wanna get as huge as possible)

2. When should I be taking this supplement? (before/after workouts, both??)

3. Would I get better results if I took a protein supplement along with it (if so when should i be taking it along with the creatine?)

4. How much water should i be drinking??

SOMEONE INTELLIGENT PLEASE EDUCATE ME!!!!
    test
  16. LiveFromThe781

1 dunno, but you should be looking for something that is a pure creatine with no other additives or mixtures. so stay away from things like NO Xplode.

2. take the supplement immediately after training. since it is supposed to improve cognition you could take it before a test or something too.

3. things which are insulegenic such as whey, BCAAs, carbs, grape juice will in theory produce a better delivery of the creatine, although it is NOT neseceary.

4. 16oz should do the trick.

you strike me as a begginer, i suggest you hit the basics and learn the fundamentals of training and form before you start looking for a creatine that will get you "as huge as possible". not that im saying you should avoid creatine but i want you to understand that its an aid to training, it doesnt do the lifting for you.
    test
  17. absolute zero

3. Would I get better results if I took a protein supplement along with it (if so when should i be taking it along with the creatine?)

protein and water are a lifter's best friend. you should make sure you stay hydrated and you should be taking protein often. I drink about 3 protein shakes a day: 1 in the morning with breakfast, a small one about an hour before i lift, and then a big one after i lift. Also gotta make sure your diet's tight.
    test
  18. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

honestly, supplements might only make 10% difference in your end result...your nutrition and training are 90%...focus on the big picture...

Eat a high protein diet...
    Train as hard as you possibly can every time you step in the gym
    Allow your body to recover from those hard workouts

everything is real basic...a lot of companies and trainers over complicate things...

just buy some quality protein powder for post workout...and save the rest of your money for food....
    test
  19. BLOODraven

BLOODraven New Member

I'm a begginer when it comes to creatine (thats y i made the thread) I've been working out for a long time with just protien supplements and now i started getting curious about creatine. I said I wanted to get huge just to show my goals. I'm not interested in getting cut or whatever, i just want to gain a lot more muscle mass.

and everyone says the people who work for gmc don't know wat they are talking about. If i cant get a good brand of creatine supplement from here, then i have no other choice but getting their suggestion.

And you dont suggest taking anything before workout?
    test
  20. absolute zero

you always have to make sure you're getting protein before a workout. Try to eat at least something about an hour or so before you lift. Don't make it a huge meal or anything. Usually I eat like a lean pocket and a protein shake. you need that or else your muscles have nothing to grow from.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.