Creatine

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by BLOODraven, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Never tried it. I tried creatine chews by GNC but I didn't do it properly. No loading, and just sporadic with it anyways. But man, those things tasted so good.

For me I wouldn't be so stoked by the muscle building properties. I want to see what's up with the performance enhancing aspect. It's supposed to help with muscle fatigue.

What can you guys tell me as far as that?
    test
  2. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

i was using it for about a month before i tossed it aside. i was able to squeeze out a couple reps on occasion where my face would shake and turn red..dont know if that was creatine or neural enhancement via regular training, since i train to failure anyway. ill give it a shot again i suppose, i still have like half the bottle left.
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

well creatine is uselss pretty much for long distance runners from what i heard

like the only thing i "noticed" was a bulky look and some added strength...

what i did notice though is when i went off of it. I couldnt lift as much....I
    think if used propperly its super benficial to anyone weightlifting for muscle/strength.

BCAA's and Glutamine help with recovery time
    test
  4. LiveFromThe781

i took some after my workout today. i really feel like ive hit a slump in my training so im looking for anything to get me out of it.
    test
  5. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

creatine is awesome for getting over a plateu, get some more powder and take it like it says.

i like it alot from personal experience....my 2nd fav supp....proteins and glutamine are my first
    test
  6. they said on the creatine monohydrate product that it could help turn bodyfat into muscle
    test
  7. LiveFromThe781

no, it didnt say that because bodyfat cant turn to muscle dude.

just like wood cant turn into gold.
    test
  8. ahh it sounded like a hypothetical metaphor when i first read it
    test
  9. sportsman0

sportsman0 New Member

Creatine is the best muscle building supplement on the market.
    test
  10. BLOODraven

BLOODraven New Member

thats wat i heard
    test
  11. BLOODraven

BLOODraven New Member

is creatine illegal in higschool/college sports??!
    test
  12. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Creatine isn't illegal anywhere and is not banned by any leagues.
    test
  13. LiveFromThe781

im sure they probaly worded it so that it would reinforce misconceptions already believed by new lifters and the genreal pop.

lots of companys do that, especially BSN or just about anything advertised in any bodybuilding mag. i used to be caught in the hype too when i was frist starting and didnt know much. i thought taking all this shit from BSN would make swole brah but then i asked around and ended up not using any of it...thank god. i look at it like this, go with whats proven to work not some concoction from a random company promising unheard of gains by using it. the number one supplement is food and i think its a good idea to have your food and workout all in order before you go like a madman on supplements. anyone can take their starting weight and add 20lbs without supplements.
    test
  14. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

I don't see why someone wouldn't want to at least try creatine to see how it would affect them.

Creatine is a natural supplement. It isn't a steroid, and it isn't illegal at all. It's as "harmless" as protein. It gives your muscles energy and also lets your body retain water, so in essence you have water weight, but it's good because your muscles need water and if there's more water, your muscles are going to grow better. You just need to make sure you're staying hydrated. But Anyone who says it isn't good for you is out of their mind. Every muscle in your body already has creatine in it. I've been taking it for 2 months and my bench has already gone up 20 pounds, and I've noticed the "boosting" ability that it advertises. I take 5 grams once in the morning and once at night. Protein and good food during the day.

You really have to find the right combination for YOU. Just taking creatine isn't going to work, your workout has to be strong too. it's going to take some time to figure it out, but in NO way is creatine not good for you.
    test
  15. LiveFromThe781

how many reps are you benching at?
    test
  16. absolute zero

my max before creatine was 205 once. that was 2-3 months ago.

last monday i got 225 3 times. So in 2 weeks I'm going to go for more than that.

As far as reps when I'm getting started, just go for 10-12. 1 light set, 3 heavy sets, and end with another light set.
    test
  17. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

can you take creatine in a protein shake with milk?

cuz i always use milk for my shakes instead of water....
    test
  18. LiveFromThe781

yes and its actually a good thing because milk contains whey protein which is insuligenic which will in theory deliver the creatine faster.

although its not neseceray from what ive read.
    test
  19. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Yeah you can take creatine in a protein shake, it's good to take with carbs... A lot of people take their creatine with grape juice.
    test
  20. absolute zero

i gotta take juice.

i can't picture putting my fruit punch flavored creatine in a milkshake. i'd puke for sure.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.