Creatine

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by BLOODraven, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLOODraven

BLOODraven New Member

I'm kind of interested in taking this. I haven't taken it yet because my old coach said it was bad for basketball players, but I just realized that my old coach didnt know what he was saying most of the time. I just wanna know why he said that. Is it true, are there any risks?

I am currently a senior in high school, and my ideal body type would be corey maggette (huge but quick).

someone please inform me better, and recommend what i should be taking.
    test
  2. happy99

happy99 New Member

I think you'd better don't take it.
    test
  3. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

first of all, your diet needs to be on point too if you are looking for strength gains while remaining lean...

creatine is found naturally in red meat, but you would have to eat literally 2lbs of red meat a day to get 5g of creatine...

the only side effects some people have with creatine is gastrointesinal stress, which basically means you have a lot of gas...

as far as the the type of creatine....buy creatine monohydrate...its the creatine that has been proven to work in studies and is the most researched supplement so far...take 5g after workout with a protein drink...

in the end nothing beats training hard and eating well...
    test
  4. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

i didnt have a good experience with it myself. it really just didnt do anything for me, i took as reccomended (often with BCAA's if not protein, although sometimes just water) yet i didnt get any water retention and most importantly i didnt get any strength gains..at least nothing noticeable.

you can get it for cheap so its worth trying out just to see how your body reacts to it. just make sure to take a pure creatine monohydrate and your really only need 3-5 grams, fuck what any BS label says.
    test
  5. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

honestly...i didnt get any really noticble results either...my strength gains went up, but that was more training related and expected...i never experienced the extra reps some people get while on creatine...

i guess it only works for some people
    test
  6. test
  7. i heard creatine is like water weight or sumthn and i heard u should do it for a month then stop then continue every other month
    test
  8. LiveFromThe781

its supposed to help with cognition too so i guess ill just keep the rest for studying, mid-terms, finals, etc. ..not sure if it really helps that much but it cant hurt either lol
    test
  9. well i need something that will keep me from being fatigue after a crash diet... crackers are good for me for that, and like cheese combos those help with cravings and no calories exept the lil bit of cheese it has im kind of worried about eating foods but dont wanna become belimic i just want to loose 30-40lbs in a short time then i will start eating again sense i will have the energy to burn the calories back off

and grapes and bananas are my friends BTW and cinamin spice
    test
  10. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Creatine is the best muscle building supplement on the market.

No, creatine is not in crackers.

No, creatine does not have to be cycled.

Yes, creatine improves cognitive function in sleep deprivation studies and with the elderly.

I never got anything from creatine monohydrate but I love creatine ethyl ester, there's debate whether or not it's effective but for me it's great.
    test
  11. LiveFromThe781

haha i dont think creatine can be the best muscle building supplement on the market if 3 of us have gotten 0 results from it
    test
  12. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

There's no denying the overwhelming majority of people that see results from it and the hundreds of double blind placebo controlled studies proving it's effectiveness.
    test
  13. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

Steve, how do you know whats doing what when you take a thousand supplements at the same time.
    test
  14. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

lol@1000

I don't take every supplement I own every single day. Depends on what I'm doing that day and how I'm feeling. I've come to be more in tune with my body over the years and if I've incooperated something new into my regimine than I usually can figure out what it is that's working and what isn't. There was a time when I only took whey and creatine, then I kept adding to it.
    test
  15. LiveFromThe781

no, i know it works (for some people) but calling it the number 1 muscle building supp. on the market doesnt seem to be a fair title if it only works in some people.
    test
  16. BLOODraven

BLOODraven New Member

i am surprised that people dont see results. I was told that it cuts out water weight from your body and replaces it with muscle. I was not sure if that was healthy or not, but i thought u could get huge off of that
    test
  17. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

people are misinformed....

creatine is good.

very few people have bad experiences....and by bad experience i mean, the shits, or bloated feeling...

i dont understand how it did not work for you guys....are you sure you did it properly? did you drink insane amounts of water? did you pinch your bum and look in the mirror and wink?
    test
  18. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

personally, im not a fan. well i am i guess, just not for me.

but if you want to bulk fast, i think its pretty good. it gives you that swollen bulky look a lot of the time though instead of super cut
    test
  19. LiveFromThe781

as i explained, i took 5grams of pure creatine monohydrate post workout with 12-16 oz of water. i also would take it with BCAAs sometimes as it apparently acts as an insuligenic and helps with delivery, the same with whey protein. sometimes i would miss a day or two during the week because generally when im not training i would forget to take it. i even took it multiple times during the day for a 5-day loading period and still saw no effects both visually and phsyically (in terms of water retention and gym performance).

i may try it again just to see if things go different but as far as im concerned i did everything right and obtained no effects.
    test
  20. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

^^the very first time i ever tried it, i found minimal results after about a week or two, then i plateu'd and didnt get any results, just the swollen look...But at the time i also had a bad diet regime....

but the second time i did it, in conjunction with a good diet, I had phenomenal results in a month. After 1 month it looked as if id been working out for quite some time longer(i was already fit and lean) but the results were awesome..

I heard while on creatine you should be able to increase the weight you lift by 5-10lbs every two weeks.....ive never gotten that great of resulsts, but pretty close.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.