Creatine, drop your opinions.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Kaotic33, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaotic33

Kaotic33 Owns You

If you're familiar with creatine, tell me what you think about it.

I lift weights about 4 times a week at my school gym and I already take creatine so I'm not looking for a reason to do it or not to do it, I just wondering what someone knowledgeable in here thinks about it.

I'm not too familiar about how to maximize the effectniveness, I just go based on what I've heard and what others do which is to only drink it on the days that I lift and whether you drink it before or after your work out has no relevance. If I'm wrong please correct me.
    test
  2. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

most would suggest that you take your creatine on an empty stomach after your workout.

And/or 6-8 hours before or after your post-workout.

Creatine is naturally produced in your body, so you can expect increased muscle production (energy), size increases, fuller overall look.

You don't really need to preload or cycle creatine cause it's already naturally produced, you're just increasing it. I'd say stick to what you are doing taking it on workout days, perhaps start taking it a few hours before your workout AND after. Its not gonna hurt you. Creatine ethyl esther is your best bet for quick absorbtion. The issue with creatine is that some people are non-responders to it, (meaning it doesn't do shit for them).

You can take it on your off days if you'd like to maximize gains. Try and see what works for you.

Just make sure you get about 30grams of whey protein after workout .. thats the main concern.
    test
  3. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I take one serving of creatine on my workout days, half of the serving 30 minutes to an hour before workout, and the other half immediately after. I haven't taken it on my off days, but I'll probably be trying that soon.

I think cycling creatine isn't a bad idea. I read here you should cycle, I read there you don't need to cycle. But I think the safest bet is just to cycle once in a while, just in case the body is becoming accustomed, even though it's naturally occuring in the body. Just a couple weeks every 4-6 or so. That's jus my 2 pennies.
    test
  4. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

yeah same.. I heard you can cycle it too.. which does seem like the smart thing to do.
    test
  5. p. haze

p. haze slap boxed with jesus

I must warn you that long term studies/experiemnts have been done with creatine to predict long term side effects. It simply hasn't been out long enough.

So, take the risk if you like.. just a heads up.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.