Couture vs Lesnar: Facing UFC History

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Knowledge, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That is alot of weight to deal with.. If anyone can do it is Couture though.. He has dealt with bigger opponents before.. Do I know for sure he will win.. No.. Lesnar could win and it wouldnt surprise me..
    test
  2. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

going to be an amazing fight.. thats all i can say
    im so torn between the 2 fighters because as great as i think randy couture is and can be, it's really hard to turn away from brock when hes so aggressive and powerful, i know leverage is huge, but i cant see anything but brock tossing randy around if they clinch.. i think in my mind i overexaggerate brocks power but at the same time i dunno... dude is unhuman looking
    test
  3. xX_NASTY_Xx

xX_NASTY_Xx Guest

i said that because i think lesnar understands that randy will submit him if they go to the ground....

i do think lesnar is outmatched.... but his best bet is to stay on his feet

just my opinion
    test
  4. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

i just cant see him doing anything on his feet except possibly landing a lucky punch.

i see randy pinning brock against the cage and working his dirty boxing if its standing. the only doubt i have there is brocks brute strength
    test
  5. xX_NASTY_Xx

xX_NASTY_Xx Guest

it'll be an interesting fight
    test
  6. Vividescription

Vividescription New Member

It will def be an interesting fight, and a huge jump for Brock if he beats Couture because they want to build him up to be the "new breed" of HW, since the HW division really that stacked as of right now.
    test
  7. Vividescription

Vividescription New Member

Yea I dont see anything happening on the feet, besides maybe a good shot from Brock..and maybe a few from Randy..but I see the dirty boxing coming into play, and even the trip while going for the takedown, and that will be Randy's stategy to take the Goliath down, and wear him out..I dont see anything else besides that.

Hoping for TKO with Randy's hand raised!!! Lets see Randy vs Nog!!!!
    test
  8. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Brock seems to be a guy that packs a wallop, but he doesn't seem to have much follow through. A more experienced Brock would've finished Herring early in that first round, no problem.

I'm looking at Brock's weaknesses more than Randy's strengths going into this battle. Randy's a pretty well-rounded fighter that can beat you with whatever's open to him, and Brock seems to have a huge hole in his submission game. Matt Hughes submitted him at Miletich, and we all seen what happened with Mir.

I don't see Randy knocking Brock out standing up, sorry. Maybe he'll ground and pound him out, but I doubt it. Brock could probably push him off. I'm guessing Randy by some sort of submission.

I want Brock to prove me wrong here, but I don't see him holding Randy down like he did with Herring, so hopefully he learns how to finish before the fight. Brock's surprisingly explosive for a guy his size, so we'll see if Randy can keep up with that at his age.
    test
  9. dreddme

dreddme New Member

i swear if brock pulls a running power bomb or an F5 on randy i'll drop dead from laughing. he'll retire randy right there lmao. but on the serious note, randy has been one of my favorite mma fighters for a long time but brock's brute strength is just nuts. i think thats the x factor in this cuz i dont think expirence plays to big a role. cuz after he tapped from that submission he learned when he mount some one not to leave any body parts exposed. and brock would be dumb if he doenst fininsh randy if he takes him down like he did herring. he was hitting herring with a buch of little punches just to get points from the jusdges. but i dont see randy pushing brock off him if he gets mounted. plus brocks chin hasnt been tested. if he can take a punch then randy would have no choice but to take him to the ground and i dont see randy taking brock down. soo im rooting for who ever wins lol
    test
  10. psunit

psunit Hail to the Lions

As much as I would like to see Brock win, I see Randy winning it. Brock will slip up somewhere and Randy will take advantage of that.
    test
  11. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

ha@ f5.

I think his corner will distract the referee while Brock gets the barb wired bat.
    test
  12. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Wrestling jokes age like wine.
    test
  13. ONEateSEVEN

ONEateSEVEN yo yo yo

aiyo my nigga borck gon get better wit time but randy got all the experience. brock gon get caught like that mir fight.
    test
  14. Disraeli

Disraeli p4p the best

I think Lesnar will get the upset, but wont hold the title for long.

too inexperienced to reign over a division even as sorry as UFC's.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.