Couture Believes Lesnar Should Be In The H.O.F.

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by LungZzZ, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

This is also why GSP, Dominick Cruz, and Jon Fitch also don't know true MMA.

True MMA.
    test
  2. Makabreli

Makabreli done

What I'm looking for when we mention Ken is that his UFC run wasn't very good. I'm not talking about wins and losses, I'm talking about snoozefests with Dan Severn and Royce Gracie. I'm talking three embarrassing losses to Tito, and a fight against Rich Franklin where it looked like he gave up after doing okay. Bob Sapp shit.

When people talk about Lesnar entering the Hall of Fame, it's "what did he really contribute?" Well, what did Ken contribute? Pro Wrestling crossover exposure? Sounds familiar... And he never that well in either.

Both deserve to be in the hall of fame. When you argue over records, you can find flaws in any. Opponents too old, too injured, yada yada. Brock brought fame and fortune to the company, and stopped the unstoppable wrecking machine shane carwin in the process. Rewrite history however you wish, but Carwin was a big deal before that fight.

Only person he beat in UFC that was truly a bum was Heath Herring, but that only means he used one of the same stepping stones guys like Fedor and Nog had used previously.
    test
  3. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

He was the first person not to lose vs. Royce Gracie, and showed that a truly rounded fighting style could compete against BJJ.

He kind of changed the game a bit.

Dan Severn as well.
    test
  4. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

your points are kind of random man using like people from the past that were unbeaten with like 5-0 win streaks (earning the 5 wins in UFC) and your like when did they win now?

But it's whatever, we don't agree but I still hold true to my statements above. Your facts, the, these people are shadows of themselves...kind of BS approaches to me.
    test
  5. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

a guy basically walks into the UFC completely unprepared and stops top guys, defends the title as must as it ever gets defended, and your not impressed?

fuck the credentials brock took names and kicked ass in the fastest rise ever in sports history.
    test
  6. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

Psssshhhhhhhhhhhh, but Brock Lesnar clearly had no skill and only wins because of his size (Despite Tim Sylvia having similar advantages and not so similar results against the some of the SAME GUYS).

No but you're right. People are always going to find a reason in their hearts to hate Brock Lesnar because:

A: He's not some mysterious gi wearing Gracie student who spent 5 years training in Japan after taking a vow of silence with a cool sounding martial artsy nickname like "Shogun" or "The Last Emperor".

B: He looks like every bully ever.

C: He's ugly as fuck and still has a hot wife.

The guy not only beat a legend of the sport at a time that he was Champion and already was fighting people much larger than him with no real problems, but he finished him. Then he finished Mir faster than JDS just did. Then he finished Shane Carwin who before losing to Lesnar people acted as if he was invincible. This guy with no experience is finishing top level people. Finishing them. And he's not throwing Silva front kicks or locking in gogoplatas, he's gorilla smashing them. At the end of the day, what's the difference? Then he lost to two top 3 ranked Heavyweights, so now he sucks, because obviously anything less than being the number 3 ranked Heavyweight after having only 8 fights means that you suck and you can't fight.

To be fair, the fact is after losing to Cain Velesquez they should have given him someone like Ben Rothwell or Mirco Cro Cop (OOOoooooOOOOooooohhhhh would people have hated Lesnar then!), but instead they gave him another number one contender match right away. After losing to Mir that first time, they should have made him 3 or 4 fights first, but the UFC is a business, and they put together fights that the fans (not the Sherdog fans that stream events for free on the internet, but the fans that pay for a ticket to sit at the venue or watch the fights at the bars) demand. In my opinion they probably could have still raked in a good amount of money letting Brock Lesnar work his way up the ranks, but the whiney Pride MMA "I miss the good ol' days with Fedor and all those other guys like him who can't seem to win a fight that we have to pretend are simply losing because they are getting too old even thought they are only in their mid thirties" type fans would've still bitched at his very presence.

I can usually tell how intelligence and how much of a grip on reality an MMA fan possesses by asking them, "Hey, do you think Brock Lesnar is any good?"
    test
  7. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

I can't spread enough rep
    test
  8. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

you're retarded if you think that's what i said.

please re-read, form a coherent thought worth expressing and try again.
    test
  9. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

test
  10. Makabreli

Makabreli done

I like this guy.
    test
  11. Makabreli

Makabreli done

about the afraid to get hit thing...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sure he got hit in those exchanges but

[​IMG]

tbh
    test
  12. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

Actually you have a great point though, and it's the only Brock Lesnar criticism that I tend to agree with. Brock doesn't have experience getting hit for real, and I think that his mental game needs to develop. Until he gets more fights, he won't be able to really know how to fight guys who hit faster and harder than he does.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.