Couture Believes Lesnar Should Be In The H.O.F.

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by LungZzZ, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

Brock may only have 8 fights in Professional MMA,
    7 being in the UFC's Octagon,
    but that doesn't mean his relevance should be overlooked;
    The amount of viewers brought with him from Wrestling,
    and the things he accomplished within the Octagon in a short time are two key factors showing why he should be in the H.O.F. radar.

[​IMG]

What do you guys think? Should Brock even be in the discussion for HOF?
    test
  2. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

fuck no. who'd he beat? couture, mir, carwin and that other guy.

couldn't take a punch, and literally got kicked out of the ring. HOF isn't for PPV sales, it's for fighters that go out there year after year and have a level of success.

i'd put clay guida in the HOF.

brock? no. he did nothing but dominate for 1 year when there was no competition in the worst division in the UFC. as soon as decent heavyweights joined, he was summarily embarassed.
    test
  3. LungZzZ

I respect your opinion.
    I'm assuming with this, your trying to point out he hasn't been around much,
    and/or hasn't beaten enough people to be considered.

Mir/Carwin/Couture are all past HW champs in their own right. Not to mention Heath Herring (the other 1 Brock beat) is like 25x more legendary then Clay Guida (to a fan that has been around since Pride days).

Brock was beaten by a steroid using cheater...Alistar is a tumor to the sport, enough said. I understand you don't like viewers, that is why you don't run the UFC.

Brock fought many years, and only retired after two life threatening illnesses (well the same one, but it returned) and a complementary beat down by the most illegal man on the planet. Clay just loses...

I also believe the HW division with Brock Lesnar was the BEST we had in years. Your just overlooking everything in my eyes, we had VERY young stefan struve, cro cop, big nog, gonzaga, YOUNG cain and Shane carwin, YOUNG junior. Shit man, why u hate Brock?
    test
  4. LungZzZ

Unfortunately for him he was famous before entering the UFC. All these other dudes are just sweaty cry babys who want money....THERE A DIME A DOZEN.

Brock had some marketability so they went with it.
    test
  5. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i think that fact that he tko'd a ufc hall of famer to win the title, tko'd a former champ mir who will be a hall of famer, and stopped the interim champ carwin is enough to put him in.
    test
  6. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

brock was a beast...he would ve pwned everyone had it bot bin for that sickening illness
    test
  7. krowe23

krowe23 New Member

I agree that he should be in the HOF he accplished quite a bit in short period of time with little experience
    test
  8. DogMeat

DogMeat New Member

To be honest i never liked him but i do believe he should be in the hof. In my eyes he brought the ufc heavyweight division where it needed to be as in raisng the althletic standard for the fighters (the heavyweights during sylvias reign sucked and i often avoided watching hw fights for that reason) , Brock always came to fight and usually won never had a boring fight and looked for the finish. I still cant believe what he did to mirs face
    test
  9. Makabreli

Makabreli done

Hall of fame is a joke until frank shamrock is inducted.
    test
  10. LungZzZ

Frank fucked himself out of it I am pretty sure. If he would of kept fighting instead of shit talking Dana, then becoming a broadcaster for Strikeforce, he may have had a chance to EARN his way back (ala POSSIBLY Josh Barnett, we will see soon), but now Dana probably looks at it as treason (though Frank is now under the Zuffa banner, his contract is with Showtime, that is why White explains he is even commentating to this date).

Where the fuck did this beef stem from though?
    test
  11. Makabreli

Makabreli done

frank's a fucking lunatic.

according to dana, they'll be having a nice chat via text or phone one day and the next day frank's on the internet talking smack.

but all that aside, frank was the ufc's p4p great during the dark ages. ended a career in one fight and taught tito cardio lessons in another. he deserves hof status.

until differences can be set aside, ufc hof is as legit as wwe hof. whoever is on good terms with the brass at the time is invited.
    test
  12. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Frank was one of my original favs.

And no, Brock should not be in the HOF.

Yes, he beat Mir. That was a good win for him (I guess). Carwin was overrated, and hasn't done a damn thing since.

Beat Herring, who is in the twilight of his career and, let's face it, has been little more than a gatekeeper his whole career. He was on the cusp a few times, then Cro-Cop body-kicked that idea the fuck outta him.

Couture was also in the twilight of his career.

He lost to Cain, who probably won't ever be champ as long as JDS is around, and we won't count Roidereem.

No. If he beat one more name besides Mir he'd be closer to eligibility. He never beat anyone in their prime (except Carwin, and his prime wasn't all that great), and he lost to the one dude who might actually be a contender for best heavyweight at the time of the fight on a world scale.
    test
  13. Makabreli

Makabreli done

Why Ken Shamrock and not Lesnar?
    test
  14. Makabreli

Makabreli done

btw, not saying ken isn't accomplished, but really notsomuch in the ufc.
    test
  15. LungZzZ

Frank deserves a spot I can't lie but it doesn't mean there level is WWE. They are above that level, where ever it is, lol.
    test
  16. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Ken was part of a generation passed, and one of the originators of true MMA (in the UFC, anyways).

He also had some of the most remembered fights ever (Royce, Oleg, and Yoshiki? I think that was his name). As much as I hate him and don't think he was ever really that great, he IS a legend.
    test
  17. LungZzZ

Ken Shamrock was better outside the UFC wasn't he? He just lost in it.
    test
  18. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

mir is a shadow of himself. he wins vs. guys who are older and more done than he is, and loses to everyone else, including brock; who basically pushed him down then punched him. don't forget mir submitted brock on possibly the weakest ankle lock ever.

heath herring is a joke, and i haven't seen him fight since he got punched across the ring. again, way past his prime. (don't forget the fight ended in decision)

he beat carwin who's only claim to fame was his punching. and if carwin doesn't gas himself throwing wildly the first round - or lands a few of those punches - he wins. he gassed and basically let brock do whatever he wanted. carwin was nothing.

he beat couture who was then 2 fights from retiring. couture gave up like 80lbs and still escaped every takedown.

brock lost his last 2 via either a couple punches or kicks. he got tapped and went sprinting away crying that he got hit. couldn't take a punch. couldn't hold anyone down. basically just hoped to beast people and when that didn't work he gave up. if you want to discredit overeem, ok. doesn't take away from the fact brock got scared and gave up when he first got hit like he did in every fight. he always just tried to cover up and get through the round.

brock's wrestling in the UFC was a joke. his striking was a joke. he was a joke. he was just a marketing ploy.

maybe for a marketing UFC HOF he should get in, but not for a real UFC HOF.

best division in years? kidding?

a YOUNG stefan struve, and VERY OLD cro-cop, big nog, gonzaga, carwin (when was the last time any of them WON a fight?). cain and JDS are getting their shots because they're talented.

brock was entertaining. i wished he learned to take a punch or use his wrestling, but instead he flaked and caught an illness and absolutely should NOT be in the HOF simply for bringing in numbers. fans are good, but they're not the only reason someone should get in the HOF.
    test
  19. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

He was a fucking freakazoid in Pancrase if I remember correctly.
    test
  20. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

Yeah, but what does Randy Couture know? He clearly doesn't know true MMA like the people on the internet who masturbate to clips of Cro Cop vs. Fedor. Brock Lesnar beats some top level opponents and is a former champ with a huge draw sure, but he doesn't know BJJ triangle holds nor can he throw jumping crane kicks, so it doesn't really count.

I mean, pssssshhhh beating Shane Carwin would be easy, you wouldn't even have to try, just wait for him to get tired. I can't believe Lesnar was only the first guy to think of that. And he only beat Randy Couture because of his size, never mind the fact that Randy Couture has never had trouble dismantling people like fucking Tim Sylvia despite their size, no, it was because of Brock's Size.

I bet all Brock Lesnar does in those training camps is learn what's effective to win and train really hard at level that most humans would crumble in, that lazy dick. And Brock Lesnar clearly can't take a punch, if you can't take a punch from those weaklings Cain Velesquez or Alistar Overeem, then obviously you have a glass jaw and you're a pussy. Nevermind that fact that he weathered the "storm" that Carwin put him through, Carwin hits like a girl, and he doesn't even know true MMA.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.