Coup, RP, BP what do yall think

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by exodus 31315, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RandomPoster

RandomPoster New Member

We all have beliefs one way or another. Whether they are religious or just that the sky is blank color for blank reason.

Just my opinion though but I think Atheism being a religion depends on the individual. For example I have a friend that probably would consider himself an atheist because he doesn't believe in God or any higher beings but that's pretty much it. He doesn't follow anyone or study about it he just doesn't believe in it. I wouldn't consider him a part of a religion. Sort of like I don't believe in Santa Claus and don't spend any time or effort trying to disprove him. I just don't believe in him.

I've seen others that devote their lives to disproving God or any higher power and follow people like Hitchens, Dawkins etc and seem to devote an enormous amount of time and effort to this. That is different from just being into science and as a result not believing in a higher power. These people based on the definition above I consider to be a part of an "Anti-Religion Religion".
    test
  2. RandomPoster

RandomPoster New Member

test
  3. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

test
  4. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

this sort of puts some of my thoughts when considering Coup's opinion in to words quite nicely

i guess some could be atheist as a result of their own critical thinking and leave it at that. some might be apatheistic. then there might be some who simply have a hatred for religion and take atheism to new heights. still i don't think any of them would consider themselves religious. apparently there are some atheist churches though, how the hell would that work?
    test
  5. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

Exo, it was auto-correct, but I'm an Android user. You can classify my ideas, I don't, though. Science and Religion serve to clarify each other, not disprove each other. 2 sides of the same coin; we feel religion and see science, if you will.
    test
  6. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

i want an android. i have an iphone but want an android. what do you have? there's so many to choose from. which do you reckon is best?

yeh i don't see them as conflicting. i mean you can make it so if you want to, like anything. i mean even major theories within science itself conflict with each other. i don't have extensive Scriptural knowledge though, scientific either, so i guess to those that do it may well prove conflictive
    test
  7. Brown Jesus

I have a Droid incredible and a Nook Color. I'm probably getting a new phone in the next few months; probably a new tab, too. I want to get the Galaxy Nexus tbh. Galaxy S3 is pretty sweet I've heard.
    test
  8. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

yeh i was looking at the galaxy nexus, i love samsung, all my tv's are samsung and they're sweet but i've always wanted a htc for some reason. i think just cause i've never had one. i'll have to go in to the shop and try a few out instead of just googling. i still don't have a tab. i have a couple laptops and the desktop and just haven't found a desire for one yet. but i feel left behind sometimes
    test
  9. Brown Jesus

I gotbrid of my laptop in favor of the tablet tbh. I took a netbook to Europe one year and never used it. Took my tablet last September, and realized how much more convenient it is. My desktop is irreplaceable, though, dont ever see myself not having my desktop. Sometimes I use my tab instead of the PC for surfing, though.

:dunno:
    test
  10. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

i bought a netbook for travelling cause i fly interstate a bit. took it once, despised how small the damn screen was and sold it for half of what i paid for it a week after purchase. so i just take one of the notebooks now. i hardly use the desktop anymore, don't know why. i just look at the tabs like a big iphone and i hardly use my iphone for anything but a phone so don't know if i will really take to the tablets. i think i just want one cause everybody does
    test
  11. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

Somewhere, between superstition, religion, and science hides the truth
    But if you try an' view it clearly, you won't find a clue
    Once its nearly in sight, it takes flight and moves
    Silently breakin' the barrier of time and space too
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.