Coup... enter.

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Brown Jesus, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

i don't know what the dietary restrictions are. i know there's something about food in there cause i can remember my sis telling me i think pig and shellfish are no good

ok i think i get what you're saying, so basically that chapter quoted is Paul saying Yashua said not to worry about the Law about food, you can eat it all now?
    test
  2. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

yeh i really believe in the first one. so that was an addition to the original 10?

but what does this mean regarding my post you quoted?

for reference sake:

BP:

No hes teaching them what is truely important. The laws God had for a time people used in order to make themselves feel important.

They even tried to claim superiority over jesus himselves by their upholding of the law, where the claimed he didnt.

me:

i don't know about the first paragraph, but i think the Law meant and still means more than making people feel important

and the 2nd paragraph, Yashua told them His Father was displeased with their amending and extensions of the Law. but yes they did try to claim they were better than Him which he easily refuted using Scripture. i don't know that Yashua told us that because of their misrepresentation of the Law, we don't need it

or am i wrong?

i mean in your post i don't see Yashua removing the original 10 just adding another 1. unless i'm reading it wrong?
    test
  3. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

reading this again, wouldn't these 2 Commandments encompass all of the original 10 anyway?

i mean the first one is basically the 1st original one, and the 2nd would cover the other 9 wouldn't it?
    test
  4. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

by the way i like how you answer me with Scripture
    test
  5. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

test
  6. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

?

to my question?

so basically the original 10 Commandments still stand, just delivered more concisely

what about the rest of the Law in the Torah? not to be considered?

what if the dietary things are more about health or something?
    test
  7. Brown Jesus

The Ten Commandments are absolutely still in effect. It's laws about diet and appearance that Paul is speaking on.

I would correct BP and say that the laws made them holy, I.e. it set them apart from the other nations. They ran away with it and puffer up with pride, but this wasn't the purpose.

The dietary restriction are numerous. I grew up following those restrictions. Its not a big deal now, if I'm a guest and am presented pork, I'll eat it, but I've never purchased pork. I think this is similar to Paul's example. Fwiw it isn't just pork, I don't eat anything that has a scavenging or "dirty" diet. If its a bottom feeder or scavenger, I simply wont eat it, well, try not to. I wont insult a host, so I've had to eat some questionable stuff ha ha.
    test
  8. Brown Jesus

I didn't expect so many replies, but it works in response to pretty much everything you've posted since about ten posts back.

=)
    test
  9. Brown Jesus

Or 4 posts back

:scared:
    test
  10. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

ok, that makes sense and sort of answers my question about if it's to do with health or something

for example, i'm trying to find that thread where you or BP posted the question to Coup does he adhere to the 7 yearly Sabbaths or something

and i thought about it, where it said give the earth a Sabbath or some shit like that, and i got in to organic produce and sustainable agriculture and shit a while back and it spun me out cause i thought shit even back then Yahweh is giving advice to us about how to look after the earth

cause you can farm something beyond arability and it was just amazing to read that passage that was posted

so basically it's like advice sort of
    test
  11. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

lol

yeh i get going, got to stop typing some times but i'm interested as hell in this
    test
  12. Brown Jesus

There are others: washing your hands, quarantine of communicable diseases, among others. Some of the laws about clean/unclean were definitely about cleanliness. Read through the Pentatuech for more info.
    test
  13. RandomPoster

RandomPoster New Member

If we'd just get this right then we'd be so much further along and not even have problems with the 10 Commandments.

Personally I believe Paul was saying in his Epistles that we don't have to keep all of those dietary laws and ceremonies to be in right standing with God.

If I keep the law better than you and get in based on that then I have a right to boast. Paul is saying that we don't get in based on our works but on what Christ did freely on our behalf. That goes totally against human reasoning.

The thing about the diets though is they helped Israel avoid the diseases the other nations experienced. A good scriptural example is Daniel when he didn't eat the King's food and stayed with his Hebrew diet and was healthier than everyone else. A secular example is the Bubonic Plague. The Jews had fewer people get sick because of their dietary laws and methods of handling dead bodies. As a result of that and other superstitions though they were blamed for the plague and tormented.
    test
  14. RandomPoster

RandomPoster New Member

Glad to be of assistance. They really did get pretty ridiculous with all of their safeguards to the law. They pretty much turned the Law into their idol. It still happens today. I remember watching some TV show I think Law & Order and a Jewish house was robbed and the dad was angry at his daughter for calling the police on the Sabbath. That's not what God had in mind. LOL! Straining at gnats and swallowing camels is what the Religious leaders were doing.
    test
  15. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

do you know why they were told to wash their hands..cus they thought dirty hands could attract spirits. they thought shaking someones hand that was dirty could transfer a spirit lol
    test
  16. TheBigPayback

hes not adding another one loving one another is kin to loving your neighbor.
    believing in him is akin to putting God first.

hes not adding to it hes summerizing it.

What is the greatest commandment..love and belief.
    these summerize the whole law and are the fruit of a relationship with christ
    test
  17. TheBigPayback

yes!!
    test
  18. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

About them thinking dirty hands carried spirits, they thought sickness was caused by spirits, so they were sorta right
    And something I've always thought funny about Muslim/Jewish non pork/unclean eating, is they have no problem with eating the plants that are feeding off the death and feces of everything around it, or birds, that eat worms that have eaten people, that's just two steps away from cannibalism
    test
  19. Brown Jesus

:wtf2:

These are scriptural references; God didn't believe unclean spirits caused disease. What the Israelites may have believed is immaterial.

Breathless with the zinger lol. My intuition says that the clean animal digests the unclean, and in doing so, removes whatever causes the unclean-ness. I've never really thought about it, nor have I really cared. From a theological point of view, it is interesting; it may have a scientific basis, as well. I'm not sure about the nutrition in worm (or, feces :scared:), but the birds digestive system and metabolism convert whatever is in there into complete proteins. Plants convert the nasty in feces into proper nutrition as well.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.