Coup... enter.

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Brown Jesus, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Menso

Menso Go Lakers!

I love how you ignore me when I back you into a corner.
    test
  2. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

I understand the spirit you are coming at me in...I think you are not interested in the topics at hand and quite frankly I'm not interested in that.

I am here to talk about the trinity, the law of the Father and the name issue. I am not here to play your game. If you really want to talk about the scriptures as how they refer to the law, trinity or the name of the Father and son that is fine.

Until then, until then..
    test
  3. Menso

Menso Go Lakers!

Should I log onto my Brown Jesus name?
    test
  4. Menso

Menso Go Lakers!

PS: You still haven't answered the question.
    test
  5. Coup d'état

slow down turbo...one thing at a time...I have answered your question about the Elohim plurality..now do you really want to break down the Romans verses or is that really just a way to "back me into a corner"

I'm honest and open about discussing scriptures with you or Brown, that is what I am here to do...what are you here to do ?
    test
  6. Menso

Menso Go Lakers!

Thomas said MY God. As in " I am the Lord your God." Notice the ownership?
    test
  7. Coup d'état

I forget which thread it is in now, but I gave some other insights to that verse...one thing is very clear Menso, Yahshuah never came and said he was Elohim. Scriptures do not teach that. And to force a trinity into the Gospel (which is straight out of Babylonian doctrine) is to confuse the entire Gospel message. I cannot imagine how you can be so resistant to what the scriptures clearly teach. I am not doing this for my own health man. I really want you to see the truth as millions of others see it too.
    test
  8. Menso

Menso Go Lakers!

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
    test
  9. Menso

Menso Go Lakers!

I thought you had a firm grasp of Scripture? I rebut your weak arguments almost instantly, whereas you pray to Google, hence the delay.
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

lol and the "answering christianity" sacred name resource
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

u mean how jehovas witnesses and sdas see it
    test
  12. Coup d'état

That is neither here or there. Jehova's aslo teach the laws are nailed to the cross like you teach. Jehova's also don't call the Father his name like you do. What is your point ?

Don't be silly dude. The only thing that matters is what does scriptures teach us ?
    test
  13. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

ok, not read all of it only a few paragraphs but something that strikes me is:

ok so it was an ancient tradition.
    what exactly did Yashua have to say about the traditions, customs and laws of men, particularly the Jews (specifically pharisees and scribes who would've effected and enforced these customs)?
    if i'm right he wasn't impressed with them and neither was Yahweh

and what was Yashua's message to the people, both Jews and gentiles?
    if i'm right it was don't bother with these foolish traditions and man made laws. only my Father's Law is to be upheld. what's the passage not one jot or tittle shall be added or removed from the Law? something like that

again, i notice the folly of men. nothing ordained by Yahweh or later presented by Yashua. in fact the only real reference in Scripture regarding this is Exodus 3:13-15, which you know better than me anyway. and it clearly voids the above logic

this is a good point. but again Exodus 3:13-15 voids this reasoning

even Yashua treated gentile and Jew alike. so who are the Jews to decide differently. also, Yahweh is the adjudicator of his Law, not gentile or Jew

this is how i see the Commandment is to be considered. using His name, Yahweh in a curse or spell or oath would be to use His name in vain. but this does not mean his name should not be spoken in prayer, Scripture, study, etc

this is a really good example, or terrible - however you see it, of the traditions of men that i believe angered Yahweh. these men placing themselves above others. a message Yashua came to deliver. actually i think he often said the pharisees and scribes were neglecting or not observing the Law, well this is an example of it. to me this quote could be considered taking his name in vain. preventing the use of His name and only sanctioning a few as worthy is worthless. if anything, to me, this supports the belief that we're all entitled to know His name and use it when talking to Him. this quote also evidences the fact that the pronunciation was known

again more of what i been saying. man took it upon himself to amend His Law in my opinion. which, i know i keep saying it, is not in accordance with Yahweh's own words in Exodus 3:13-15

answers my question as to whether it was known how to say which i thought anyway. but also shows that the Greeks just inherited the traditions of the Jews which is precisely one of the things Yashua came to tell us was displeasing His Father
    test
  14. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

so we see this man made "rule" has been applied consistently which in effect is only HIDING His name. not what He wanted according to His OWN words. this is really not satisfactory at all and really affirms the notion that it is not right

i mean i think it really is a miracle and a blessing that it managed to survive in these verses. it must be the Hand of God ensuring His name was not lost to history

that's all i've read so far but i don't see anything yet that leads me to believe we shouldn't know or even use His name. in fact i see Yahweh himself telling Moses to tell the Sons of Israel what His name is. ok i'm not Jewish, but then Yashua came and said Jew and gentile alike so really i don't agree with you that 1. they didn't even know how to pronounce it, 2. He does not want us to know it, or 3. that He does not want us to use it - except of course in vain

but thanks for posting the link and sharing your thoughts
    test
  15. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

yeh that's what the link BJ posted basically showed. the Jews established these customs and traditions, which is part of the message Yashua came and delivered. that these were wrong

and the example you give of defending yourself on the Sabbath. well isn't that another message Yashua came to say, didn't he give examples himself of him "working" on the Sabbath to heal the sick or feed people or something. shit a lot seems to make sense the more you learn, it's great

you said it better than me. makes perfect sense, thanks, RP
    test
  16. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

excuse my ignorance but what exactly does this have to do with the Law?
    test
  17. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

similarly, how does this go to show the Law is not to be observed or has lost its value or what am i missing?
    test
  18. exodus 31315

exodus 31315 Kanaan

i don't know about the first paragraph, but i think the Law meant and still means more than making people feel important

and the 2nd paragraph, Yashua told them His Father was displeased with their amending and extensions of the Law. but yes they did try to claim they were better than Him which he easily refuted using Scripture. i don't know that Yashua told us that because of their misrepresentation of the Law, we don't need it

or am i wrong?
    test
  19. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

Are dietary restrictions not a part of God's Law? Paul said, following Jesus implication, that all food is clean. Let no man call unclean which God has made clean.

Forget the last couple questions, this is the big one: Do you follow all the OT laws? Do you essentially follow the mitzvah?

Take your time.

Oops, thought that was Coup. First half for you Exo
    test
  20. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

John 13:34-35 KJV

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Matthew 22:36-40 KJV

Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.