Cortez and DNA back out of MOB..?

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Elaquent, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b.h.d2k2

b.h.d2k2 Member

he was on tour my dude and stopped by an event....he aint battle....
    test
  2. Caustic

Caustic H.ated N.ow I.n C.anada

if i beat Rone does that make me "top tier"?
    test
  3. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

test
  4. CamTheWiz

CamTheWiz in real time

i dunno. you can argue p-nut isnt top tier, but he got robbed against dna the footage dont lie.

cats from the west dont seem to travel as much, but the west seems to put on the biggest events with the biggest budgests that cats from every division want to rep at so i dont know how much water that argument holds.

i mean if dna and cortez didnt want to battle cool, but pulling out at the last minute was wack no matter how you try to spin it. as a fan of both those dudes im dissapointed.
    test
  5. b.h.d2k2

b.h.d2k2 Member

i say no...

but...whoever wins should get a big match up for there next battle....that will determine yout tier status
    test
  6. b.h.d2k2

b.h.d2k2 Member

i agree he was def slept on by some of the ny crowd ....but i dont consider DNA top tier yet....the only quality person he beat was rone....and to me he isnt top tier yet either....

so whats that say about the nut-e-one?
    test
  7. Oneduh

Oneduh Digital Scale Ent.

It doesn't have shit to do with them not wanting to battle.. URL offered them more bread to noshow on GT than GT was offering them to come battle.. It's obvious..
    test
  8. tha sinner

tha sinner New Member

where you gettin this bullshit from?

if this were true, why didn't they pay arsonal as well?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  9. CamTheWiz

CamTheWiz in real time

either way imo theyve shit on their fans in gt.
    test
  10. jrich730

jrich730 Member

I myself am a fan of both I prefer neither but there is a difference between rapping and joke telling. Rapping has a flow to it not just rhyming words together which is what happens a lot of the times in grindtime it is like a stand up but with rhyming words. I look at rapping as having lyrics with a nice constant flow which is why I don't consider my self a rapper even though I write raps because i just don't flow it smothely enough. If a person just say 2 bars pause 2 bars pause and so on that's not rapping. Not saying that's what grindtime is as a whole but the worse battlers who just got into it because they are sort of funny and if you hear one of there tracks they can't rap.

But on topic I don't think cortez or DNA should pull this on gt because I for one had no idea who they where before this and $1000 for me to rap for maybe 8 minutes and a free trip why not that's free money that if they really cared about a career could have went to some good production or studio time.
    test
  11. ville2ville

ville2ville Friendship SmileNet [=

Nah, that's not true. The people who actually fans from grindtime are overlapping fans who are also fans of URL's style. The only fans theyve lost for this move was the people who already could care less about them.

Cortez vs Real Deal is a classic and he battled damn near 15 times last year most of those in GT against some of the best competition. He's some of your favorite rapper's favorite street rapper.

DNA may have been put on by GT, but he was a Smack rapper from day one. He refused to change his style and from what he's said he can't stand the GT style. It was always way more important to him to be accepted by the Smack crowd then it ever would have been the GT crowd. And frankly, if you're made in New York, you've made it. People who have been to New York realize it's like it's own mecca. Theyve fit more people just in manhattan than whole cities (for instance manhattan has a higher population that fucking nashville-- thats incredible).

All of this just goes to show how lucky and blessed GT is to have Hollow. He wouldn't ever turn his back on GT and even when Ok tried to say he did he made sure to let people know it wasn't true. Dude is a rider and is seriously by far the best battle rapper in the world right now, and he's flying the GT flag. Just be happy with that and like someone sle said. ON TO THE NEXT ONE.
    test
  12. Wizz513

Wizz513 Member

whens the last time arsonal battled on URL?

plus im not sure of the accuracy of this but someone mentioned that norbes is cortez's manager
    test
  13. Rjunior

Rjunior New Member

pretty accurate
    test
  14. Rjunior

Rjunior New Member

test
  15. ville2ville

ville2ville Friendship SmileNet [=

test
  16. mdk

mdk i dump and i sprout

d.n.a should be considered nicer than conceited in my opinion. i think d.n.a might be one of the nicest right now. he never fucks up, he delivers his bars almost perfectly every time...his punches could be better and all that shit but he is nice and it sucks he backed out or whatever
    test
  17. Jay Sin

Jay Sin Sin Luciano

you got a battle @ this event my dude?
    test
  18. Rjunior

Rjunior New Member

wat
    test
  19. Work314

Work314 New Member

I agree with all that...Cortez most definitely earned his spot. I'm a fan. But Norbes been knowin' a Cortez vs. Marvwon battle was at least in the works. My whole thing is don't give someone your word and go back on it late in the game. As a man its a sucka move. He should have just not agreed to do the battle in GT in the first place IMO
    test
  20. Shup Denzel

Shup Denzel dhalsim is a hoe nigga

this. people will hate on ness all day for backing out when something personal came up but defend cortez for backing out cause of his manager? irony
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.