Copywrite > ChinoXL

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by .Misfit., Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White Negro

White Negro New Member

lol. thats exactly what I was thinkin when I opened this thread. Only a white kid would say that. Ahaha copywrite is garbage compared to Chino, he's just a average emcee.
    test
  2. White Negro

White Negro New Member

A metaphore is comparing one thing to another. And a Similie is comparing one thing to another using like or as. so its basically one type of meta.
    test
  3. Graphix

Graphix Member

You both don't know what a metaphor is!

Copy also uses alot of played netcee type punch-lines... that alone shows he lacks some emcee ethics!
    test
  4. JohnnyDangerous

JohnnyDangerous New Member

Similes are, without a shadow of a doubt, the worst form of fucking "lyricism" ever. And Chino is the biggest abuser of them. So that, along with his awful flow, delivery and tired subjects, is the reason why he sucks. I haven't hear enough Copywrite to compare, though.

Soreno.. black people have an inferiority complex when it comes to rap. They can't imagine white rappers even being considered as the best at something.

Where've you been? Stick around, foolio.
    test
  5. -MSC-

-MSC- Artois

both good but Copy Better
    test
  6. White Negro

White Negro New Member

The comparison of one thing to another without the use of like or as

or

an expression that describes a person or object by referring to something that is considered to possess similar characteristics.

Go look in a dictionary.
    test
  7. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

no, similes is any comparison usin' like or as... you're wrong

and Chino uses basic, corny ass similes... meanwhile, Copywrite often uses "phrase wordplay" meanin' it's not just one word with two different meanings... it's a whole phrase that can be perceived in different ways... Copywrite's WORDPLAY is MUCH MUCH iller than Chino's.... he's also WAY MORE LYRICAL (syllable rhyming, inner bar schemes, complex bar structure) than Chino also... he also has a better flow/delivery

ummm... who wins? Copywrite

and, I'm not white... he's just better... PERIOD
    test
  8. Omnipotnth

Omnipotnth New Member

IllOx, there's a HUGE difference between metaphors and similies. Chino uses similies alot by saying "like" or "as" in his lines, whereas with a metaphor, you would make that comparison but you structure your lines in such a way that you can do it without using those two words.

ANDthe MC is right with what he said.

No need to call me no names and shit man, I'm talking to you normal. For the record, A metaphor is a figure of speech in which a word or phrase that ordinarily designates one thing is used to designate another, thus making an implicit comparison.
    test
  9. Omnipotnth

Omnipotnth New Member

Both yall kids arguing about what a metaphor is/isn't, me, AndTHEMC and WhiteNegro just got done explaining exactly how a metaphor is different. No further argument is needed. Speak more and you're just arguing that the sky isn't blue.
    test
  10. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

i think copy is great, I'm just feeling chino more.\
    lmao at Johnny Dangerous.
    test
  11. kyza soza

kyza soza This way up.

You, my friend, are a herb.
    test
  12. kyza soza

kyza soza This way up.

omfg.

A metaphor is when something is described using a figure of speech that doesn't litterally exist.. like uhm, the man is a fox, that fat bitch is a whale, or "all the worlds a stage"

Get me.

And a simile is a figure of speech that describes two things as alike, using "like" or "as".

Im shocked some of you couldn't tell the difference.
    test
  13. Cri

Cri aerial wolf hunter

word

shit is not even remotely close, Chino's punches are wack, at least the overwhelming majority of em
    test
  14. Jafaar

Jafaar Jafaar

vote = Chino XL
    test
  15. Undestructable

Undestructable Just Read

I'd have 2 go with copywrite
    test
  16. kyza soza

kyza soza This way up.

test
  17. Question Me

Question Me Aktivist Productions

both are talented i prefer chino and i think he comes alot harder

he just needs to use another word other than like but he still hits harder than copywrite though props to both
    test
  18. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

I like Copywrite better... Chino says like more than a valley girl, and his flow, delivery, and voice are pretty awful sometimes (I always use the wake up show freestyle where he went next after KRS1 as an example).

The only time I could really enjoy him on a track was Nunca and a few other tracks - like that Riot track with Ras Kass, which is sick, but Ras just scientifically destroyed shit by comparison.

I say Vakill is the illest with punches... shit I like Warbux on this site way more than Chino XL as far as comparative similes go (and flow, delivery etc). It's like I can see what's dope about his lyrics, but it just doesn't interest me...
    test
  19. Jammin' Jobus

Jammin' Jobus S A D B O Y S

A lot of copywrite's punchlines are just old concepts.
    test
  20. Holiday Styles

Holiday Styles Let's Go Flyers

big l>copy and chino
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.