cool edit help - making choruses & separating your own vocals from the beat..

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by tk2oo3, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tk2oo3

tk2oo3 New Member

how do you separate your own vocals from the beat when you record so you can put the two together later, i aint really takin this serious yet so im jus fuckin around an i wanna remove the noise from my mic as best as possible from my vocals but i cant do that whent their wit the beat cuz the beat gets erased cuz cool edit thinks its noise.. & on to my second question.. how do you record a chorus vocals that you can have the exact same sounding chorus put on anywhere you want an looped how many times you want it etc..
    test
  2. -*Deranged Mind*-

-*Deranged Mind*- got any cheese

uhh, when you record the vocals are already separated.. if they're not, then i dont know wtf you're doing.

and you loop a vocal by right clicking, loop duplicate i think it is. but, many will tell you, that its better to record the chorus everytime instead of looping it.
    test
  3. tk2oo3

tk2oo3 New Member

the vocals for me aint separated ok this is how i do it.. track 1 i load up the instrumental press nothin on it.. track 2 i press R & M & thats the product i get.. which is the beat + vocals & they aint separate.. i know im doin somethin fucked up but dont know what..
    test
  4. eye am xs

eye am xs New Member

if you want to just hear your vocals, double click on your vocals on track 2, that should put you in edit waveform mode....then just click play while you're in that, that'll play just your vocals
    test
  5. tk2oo3

tk2oo3 New Member

well ive been to edit mode & played it and it still is wit the beat.. because track 2 the vocals are laced wit the beat.. less theres somethin magical about double clicking a beat wit vocals that gives you vocals which i highly doubt.. i dont feel like recording a sample to try it right now but i think youve jus told me somethin i already tried.. when i record the vocals & the beat aint separate! so come on how you get that separate.. cuz when i record i have the beat playin from cool edit.. only way i could possibly do acapella is have the beat playin through some mp3 player in my headphones while i rap but that is really awkward.. theres gotta be a better way & i cant find nothin in help on cool edit about this..
    test
  6. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

Wtf U Dont Know Wtf Ur Doing If Ur Vocals R Premixed Into The Beat.. Jesus Christ.. Good Day
    test
  7. tk2oo3

tk2oo3 New Member

thank you for your help FAG
    test
  8. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

test
  9. XPENSIV

XPENSIV Xspenzo fucked your wife

Go into windows recording properties and set mic or linein as your recording source (whichever one you are using. Thats it.
    test
  10. Logik Words

Logik Words New Member

umm... are u recording with headphones? cause if you just using ur speakers to hear the beat when recording.. mayb.. just MAYBE... your mic is picking up some background music with ur vocals...
    test
  11. tk2oo3

tk2oo3 New Member

xpensiv got this thanks, as for the second question that kind of answers that too i can split & move shit around etc.. so a chorus shouldnt be that hard to do..
    test
  12. drop1ne

drop1ne TH WORLDS AFRAID OF ME

dont press the (M)mute button when you record, just press (R)RECORD
    test
  13. Silent

Silent Your mother loves me

or your headphones are WAY loud and your mic is picking that up....When I had a Wal Mart compter mic it did that alot...So that might be it
    test
  14. Donis

Donis New Member

the cat two above called it

when you hit M, it mutes that track...what you wanna do is play the instramental and record into a new track...you dont wanna mute the vocal track...

so just unhit M and it should work fine

ronJ
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.