~*~* Cool ~10 min. Research Survey on Music!!! Please help a student! Win money! ~*~*

Discussion in '420Lounge' started by myllennium, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myllennium

myllennium New Member

Dear Fellow Internet User:

Will you please do my college class group a small favor?

We have written a VERY UNIQUE and INTERESTING survey about music, and need the opinions of a wide variety of people from around the world.

This easy survey will only take a short time to answer -- about 10-15 minutes – and for responding, you will be entered into a random drawing to win TWO $10 prizes! (We are poor college students, LOL!)

http://www.surveyz.com/TakeSurvey?id=67203

The above link will take you directly to the survey. We believe you will enjoy taking the survey, and you will learn more about yourself and your interests in the process! We appreciate any and all respondents, and the more people who respond, the better our research (and our grade on the project) will be.

All of your answers will be kept COMPLETELY ANONYMOUS AND CONFIDENTIAL. We ask that you give careful consideration and thought to the questions, and be as honest as possible.

Please respond immediately, but NO LATER than 4 pm on Friday April 20th, 2007.

Thank you VERY MUCH for your help in advance!

Sincerely,

Josh and Alison and Seth
    Directors of Market Research
    test
  2. myllennium

myllennium New Member

Hello everyone…

OK, after I posted this message on many Forums around the web, I got a LOT of feedback and questions about it, and I will first list the questions/concerns/skepticism I got below, and then my answers to them…

QUESTIONS FROM PEOPLE:
    · “If it's completely anonymous and confidential, then how do know who wins the ten dollars? Scam!”
    · “I smell spam. If this is a college thing why isnt it hosted on an edu?”
    · “how can it be 17% percent complete without doing anything?”

Haha! Internet users are mighty smart and skeptical kids!! ;) I believe that says something great about the state of education around the world! Teachers and news and experience are causing people to be rightfully skeptical of EVERYTHING. I understand all of the concerns, and would be too if I were you. Ahhhh, intelligent people, unite!! :lol:

TO CLEAR THINGS UP AND PREFACE THIS MORE:
    I have been a long time member/downloader/promoter/lover of GYBO. I've promoted and played bootlegs from most of you -- POJ Masta, BC, Frenchbloke, Dunproofin, McSleazy, Cropstar, Eve Massacre, Cry on my Console, Party Ben, Aggro1, et al -- and gave special shoutouts and FREE ADVERTISING to GYBO (I always announced the place to get the BEST bootlegs in the world that I was playing) to an audience of over 20,000 people for over TWO YEARS!!

Go search for "Hectic Yet Eclectic" in previous post titles and check out my in-depth postings and playlists describing almost EVERYTHING I've played and mixed up live on VERY popular college radio station in USA/Pennsylvania.

WHY AM I POSTING THIS SURVEY???
    I am a college student, taking a market research class. My hatred for the state of the music industry was my impetus for writing the survey... I wrote what to me and my group is an EXTREMELY INTERESTING AND UNIQUE survey. I want to try and determine and solve problems that relate to the music industry. That is my motivation.

TO EVERYONE'S CONCERNS:

buttsniffer:
    This is NOT a scam, and NOT an attempt to capture or sell or fuck with your email or personal information!! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION LIKE YOUR EMAIL (THERE IS ALWAYS A "DON'T KNOW" or "OTHER" CATEGORY!!
    The incentive (of 2 small $10 prizes) was my idea to try and stimulate some more responses OTHER than people who just are really passionate about music. If you know anything about marketing or psychology or professional research surveys (I have a 3.86 GPA as a college Senior with a Business Management/Marketing Major), you need to try and eliminate ANY and ALL forms of bias -- and people who would be willing to take a 10-15 minute survey for free are likely to be biased and/or naturally more interested in the topic than an average individual. The goal is to get a RANDOM SAMPLE of people of all ages/geographic locations/income levels/sexes/etc etc, to be able to get statistically significant results. If you have any other questions, PM me.

DJ BC: "If this is a college thing why isnt it hosted on an edu?"
    Because my Marketing Research textbook (by Parasuraman et al, published by Houghton Mifflin company) has a partnership with SurveyZ.com, a powerful data collection and market research focused company, as an added bonus to the text.
    Could this survey be done by printing up hundreds of surveys, finding, paying off, and personally interviewing a few hundred people in person or over the telephone, and then entering all of this data by hand, then analyzing it in statistical software, then writing up reports in another piece of software?? Sure. But why not have all of those first steps done, like the tedious data entry, and just have the report writing to do?

Why is it done via a website? BECAUSE WE'RE LAZY AND WANT TO MAKE OUR LIVES AS EASY AS POSSIBLE!! Why not an .edu? Because we are not HTML experts and don't have the time to hire someone to do the appropriate coding!! AND, SurveyZ has powerful proprietary tools that you CANNOT program into HTML!!

FRENCHBLOKE: "and how can it be 17% percent complete without doing anything?" Because one of the features of SurveyZ.com is that it allows you to do complicated question "branching" (similar to programming instructions). So in this survey, the last question on this first "17% percent complete" page is a question: "Have you ever downloaded music?" If you answer NO, this "branching" automatically skips over the next 2 questions which don't apply to you, and it redirects you to more general questions.
    Why 17% complete without doing anything? It is taking into consideration you answering these first 6 questions. There are a total of about 35 questions (most are VERY easy to answer), and thus, the first 6 questions represent about 17% of the survey..

Look music fans... It's really that simple.

I can understand your skepticism, but think about it this way -- If I was an unscrupulous/unethical person, why would I write so much here and make so much up??? We don't care if you provide your email or not -- if you want to do the survey just to give your opinions on music to people who will be VERY interested, fantastic. If you won't do the survey unless you have the possibility of getting something from it, we understand that too (I did surveys for money all through high school!!).

IF you provide an email, we will use a random number generator to select two people to win two $10 (U.S.) prizes. YOUR EMAILS WILL NOT BE SHARED WITH ANYONE OUTSIDE THIS GROUP OF 3 PEOPLE, I SWEAR!!! I hate SPAM more than any of you out there!! I will send an email to the two winners, and either pay them via Paypal or any other manner of their choosing (e.g., I could send cash in the mail).

My group, being typical college students, waited until the last moment to work on this project, and now we're VERY pressed for time... We NEED to try and get as many people as possible, of all interests and demographics and countries and backgrounds as possible, BY 4 PM THIS FRIDAY (3 days from now)!!!! Therefore, I thought of all the fine music lovers over here in GYBO as a potential resource to tap!!

Please CLICK THE ABOVE LINK AND make the 30+ minutes it took me to write and edit this reply worth my group's while and help us out (and yourself) to learn more about your opinions on the state of the music industry!!! :D

Reeeespect, peace and love to the world music massive.

Best regards,

Josh aka CJ Myllennium (Bethlehem, PA, USA)
    test
  3. trey

trey The Three Ball

dude do you think people are going to read this dumb shit in a 420 forum?
    test
  4. myllennium

myllennium New Member

LOL.

good point. well for some reason the other boards were not letting me post in them!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.