Contraversy By the man himself.... Tekneek...

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by 6th_plague, Jun 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 6th_plague

6th_plague More then meets the eye

THE CONTROVERSY
    THE RSTL MAGAZINE THAT GRABS YOUR ATTENTION

What is up folks.. I am Boner Stabone and yes I am back!! You’ve just entered the CONTROVERSY. This publicated thread is a magazine based on the ongoing events within the RSTL and is an unofficial column dealing with strictly opinionated observations. If you wish to contact me, my aim is: Verbatimental and if you wish to get at me personally, you can hit me at verbatimental@hotmail.com

Alright, let’s get into this. Its been a long while since I’ve been here and with soo much that has occurred it would be impossible to even go back from where I left and bring about the events transpiring to this very moment… so I wont do that. Instead, Im gonna get into the nitty-gritty and nitpick on some of the major things going on with the RSTL.

VERN IS NOT THE G.O.A.T.
    And we start off with this… Vern-acular… RSTL’s newest royal king of the RSTL. The man who now holds the most number of times winning the RSTL Championship. The man who’s taken the step forward in stabilizing the league by holding MODERATOR for the league…. The man who is basically standing at the top. And while so many in the league has enjoyed seeing his coming of reign… the age-old issue of who the greatest ever yet again is brought up.​
    test
  2. 6th_plague

Now I don’t know about you, but through every accomplishment and/or every grand record that’s broken… many would consider a feat such as that to be worthy of being the greatest of all time. But comeon people.. look at all the good writers that exist. Do you surely without a doubt in your mind can say with the utmost conviction that VERN-ACULAR is the greatest of all time?? – Just cus he’s won the title so many times?? --- Maybe that could be agreed upon. Maybe since the wins that he’s tabulated throughout has benefited him to sign in and to start at his ranking in the top 10 and thus make him the newest king of being-a-champ-the-most-times. The truth is… he is a very great champion, notably because he’s managed to push thru all the others and win the #1 spot time and time again… and that alone would definitely consider him the greatest of all time. But I disagree. With every skilled writer that exists in the league.. comes a following of fans/riders/well-wishers that give that extra boost of notoriety to get him that. And that is usually said for about 85% of the cats in the league today.

However, the true essence of being the greatest does not COMPLETELY root from accomplishments on thread. And while this may be a little apart from me always basing results and exploits by threads… I can agreeably say without hesitation that VERNACULAR does NOT deserve to be the GOAT with his writing skill, style, and structure. In no way, shape, or form is he just that. If anything, he is basically amongst the other above-average writers who find themselves cluttered in the mix of the many who are good writers. If there were to be a few names that I can undoubtedly say are the GOAT… I would push in WWIII, JOWELZ and RICHARD COREY. JOWELZ has many times proven to me why he will be a legend forever… but in the most recent occurrences, RC is most likely the one true person I can embrace, approve, and observe as the one true writer that epitomizes victory in its purest form. Ironically, his status reflects that of Vern in the sense where so much focus and attention from the public eye ride on VERN … partially due to his outspoken personality… while RC is very quiet and the blue collar writer in a sense.​
    test
  3. 6th_plague

The argument that VERN is the greatest of all time may be specified through so much recollection of the colorful wins and the records that he’s achieved to reinforce his name in the RSTL. And while his feats have gained himself higher than the likes of JOWELZ and PERIL-EYES… what so many people seem to forget is that people like INFINITE TRUTH and OMEN have achieved feats of their own… most number of wins before a loss in the RSTL… and longest hold to the title… what about people like them? – INFINITE TRUTH definitely…. Who I believe is the one true person that is shunned, overlooked, and forgotten. 16 straight wins without a loss is equally as accomplished as 6x holding the RSTL title. That itself would classify VERN out of the picture of making himself the GOAT.

That alone is the reason why to declare someone the greatest is NOT based on just one area of achievement… but in the sense of all-around results. In my eyes, I’ve declared the GOAT to a person who is humble, skilled, a true persona of amazement and downright a pleasure to read. --- VERNACULAR holds the title in many as the ONE who reigns by many…

But my eyes sees RICHARD COREY… the true Greatest of All Time.

Move over PERIL and JOWELZ… and VERN…

This is the king.​
    test
  4. 6th_plague

OMEN: WINNER.... RESPECTABLE.... BUT GREAT???
    OMEN is without a doubt one of the most respectable cats I have ever known in Rapmusic ever. And his big win in the 64 man tourney deserves him much success and notoriety. But let’s be obvious. The guy’s had a lot of recognition when we first touched base in the RSTL.

As both names under OMEN and NYSE, his instantaneous noise was felt by practically everyone in the league. And it was too easy to see that his coming of age would come very soon… long before any newbie can grasp the essence of veteranship in the site. OMEN carries a way in which he’s very compassionate in his nature and he’s extremely humble… someone you can share a common ground in anything no matter how different you might find yourself to be with him. He always finds a way in basically understanding your point of view.. and with that sort of personality, he embeds it into his rhymes.

However, since many feel a huge impact from the things he writes about, the one thing that I find that I don’t share common to him is his style of writing. OMEN knows how to formulate the perfect rhyme… and he knows what idea he utilizes to share when he writes it. The usage of his poetical and vocabularic wordplay broadens widely and gives a very technical imagery on whatever the topic is. He emphasizes a lot of specificity and makes that the initiated style to segwaying his moments into raw imagery and emotion. That transitional style of writing is what gets people so attracted to him. However, my skeptical thoughts about his style comes from one simple thing…. ---- his essence.​
    test
  5. 6th_plague

While knowing exactly the formula to allure… OMEN maintains a writing style that is all too similar and too predictive in a sense where so many in the RSTL tend to use. People like TRAP and TALENT and POETIQUETTE and many others all seemingly base their explanations in their rhymes too much of a poetical essence. And while a majority tend to see that as being legitimate… it is the one true thing that holds OMEN alike the others.. otherwise he is undoubtedly up amongst the greatest. And while so many embrace his greatness, some will even consider his exploits to be equated to that of RICHARD COREY or VERNACULAR.

But with that comes a second reality check for OMEN thru a few who find his writings to be… great, but assimilated. His writing ability and style are duplicated by many in the league who are inspired by his way of attributing a rhyme. While his persona however makes him soo difficult to disregard as that type of writer… you still gotta love the way he respects you and the way he is to not just others… but to himself and his writing​
    test
  6. 6th_plague

"POETRY" LOSES RHYME CREDIBILITY
    When I created this league, the one thing I was hoping to see from the way people wrote their verses was expansion. Expansion meaning a variety of many different styles and ways of storytelling and rhyme-writing. A track written from a song played on mainstream radio today would use the understandability and the simplicity of listening and understanding what’s being said in the song. While if it’s a party song, or a song telling a story… the key to the lyrics would be so you’d know and memorize.

In the RSTL, the whole essence of writing a rhyme based on a outlandish topic like the ones were given on a weekly basis does NOT make its credibility great at all. While the imagination allows the writing of the person to be all-out in their ideas… the true rhyme is written to base an understanding without having to broaden the imagination so much that reading it would require so much to think about. A rhyme that bases on a message and thought is never usually specific enough to make every single line complex and/or so broken-down. The one thing that makes it so predictable is that many in the league are doing this style… the POETIC style… and the value of an intricate rhyme hastens to lose its juice in essence.

KRS-1, LUDACRIS, JADAKISS, KOOL G RAP are some of the folks today that never really shed so much specifics in their rhymes in regards to the topic they spit on. And since music is always made to hear… folks in the RSTL are becoming too much in to writing than listening. --- The credibility is shot when the person who creates a rhyme that is unorthodox becomes duplicated by so many that put their own reckless variations into the style. Putting so much detail into a verse is not mandatory nor is it necessary… yet so many feel that to see that to be the emphasis in the rhyme makes it detrimental to the innovation of writing a rhyme and thus, makes it all too predictable​
    test
  7. 6th_plague

The POETIC side of rhyming is visually favorable, but is never hearable because entertainers in the game today would not find the ease in saying every single line that bears a sentence that runs-on throughout the verse. --- The POETIC side is too indirect and too thought-processed. A rhyme on a radio is either too simplistic or too vague. A POETIC sense makes it vague to where much recollection is needed. A rhyme in the essence of the RSTL should never require extra minutes of reading it over, but to lay the message and the illustration right there.

POETRY will not make this league move forward… but will bring a predictable style to storytelling just like a battle rhyme style is to the RBL. If there isn’t any change or different style in storytelling or topical writing… then the fuel that carries thru the writing can consider itself dead.

IV STILL HAS JUICE
    You can hate him all you want and you can be pissed at him for not showing to matches or moderating.... but track records show that IV knows how to bring population and also stability in the league's attendence sheet!

Every moderator has been thru some form of “I-couldn’t-make-it-on-time syndrome where they failed to be prompt on times where the league needed to restart or matches needed to be closed. But thru observation of every mod that’s been around, IV is the one true person that is attracted with the know-how in fueling a league. His RSTL knowledge as both a contestant and a moderator makes him more credible than any MOD that’s served in the past.​
    test
  8. 6th_plague

IV is a veteran and has seen a lot with how to do leagues, battles, tourneys etc. and is trusted to maintain and excite an event from utter complete silence to deafening public exposure.

While many in the site unknowingly hearing or being aware of what IV has done… some in idiotic fashion disrespect and shun his name due to his failure of achieving. But from what he’s done and completed, it doubles that of his popularity in the site. And since his recent return to the limelight has been felt, you can never ever say that IV is short of anything.

He’s had his moments where we fail to see his coming, but when he makes up for it, we understand and approve that what he helps and brings to the league, is something we should never knock on but to just appreciate and embrace.

IV still has the juice, and you would be so wrong to think any bitterly about him.

TEK: "IM AGAINST ALL ODDS"
    So the whole world is against me. OK not everyone, but I would say the majority. I’ve put myself in a losing streak and have basically set myself in a position where the accomplishments I made in the past might be completely in darkness if I don’t pull myself out of this shadow. But be reasonable.​
    test
  9. 6th_plague

Through every single situation, post, thread and act I’ve exposed in RMC, the balance of how it makes me look in accordance to the boards affects the credibility of the individual. And while I put my full 100% in practically I write on, the respect never seems to be shown. While it should be earned, I do get the feeling that a few put all their worth in keeping me down. You know who you are. As long as Im competing in the RSTL, I will always be given the lower odds. Most feel that I don’t have the push. Yet in the past, I’ve proven that I can be just as dangerous as any heavyweight in here.

From the voice of a storyteller and not a magazine author or moderator, my rank may be held beneath some who are always in the top 10 as such. But my passion and furious intent to excel is always on par. I never subside or make myself lenient in anything I write when I compete in the RSTL. Im serious and I’m passionate as the next person is. So understand me when you read my verse every week Im in this league… and through all the errors and mistakes you see in the piece, you will understand that I’m as more hungrier and as more hard on myself on my efforts to show and prove.

The odds are against me all the time. Not cus of the folks who press me down… not cus of the number of times I come short of skill…. But because I am who I am… and if Im not one to be tolerant by you in any way…

Then I suggest you never reply to anything I say… because it should not have to affect me at all.​
    test
  10. 6th_plague

My word is born…

And my word will live eternally.

RSTL----NOT RBL
    Battlers complain… they bitch and they whine… theyre equally lazy as the RSTL when it comes to voting… and there’s no variety and creativity in writing a battle rhyme. Simple and plain… battlers need egos and a keen thought process to achieve a good rhyme. RSTL folks can broaden more easily and allow more creativity in what they show. RSTL folks are more content and calm and more focused…. RBL battlers have selfishness, arrogance, egotistic minds and 85% of that persona is fake because they wanna write the right thing.

Simple and plain… RBL lost its value of greatness long ago and is nowhere near RSTL stability.

WHO DESERVES "THE LIGHT"?
    People complain of the certain number of people that I notify to be in “THE LIGHT” and while this week many have not agreed to me saying KROOKED K should be there, maybe they should look back a little further.

KROOKED K started off in the OPEN MIC FORUM writing rhymes and as MOD I’ve read a few of his pieces and have found some potential in his abilities and since his arrival in the RSTL, he may have had some laggage in his weeks but he’s shown to me that with more practice, his LIGHT can shine more brighter than ever.​
    test
  11. 6th_plague

MC4SIGHT doesn’t seem to gain so much talk from the folks that commonly hang around the league. And with his finals against OMEN in the 64 man tourney, 4SIGHT shows why he belongs with the big boys and is indeed a member of “THE LIGHT” due to his artistic talent in rhyme.

INFINITE TRUTH: Did people forget about him???? Does anybody understand or acknowledge that he’s one of the greatest ever??? Where’s the love??? Overshadowed by other big men like WWIII, RC, TRAP???? Never forget about the ones who blew up in the past. INFINITE TRUTH deserves so much more than lately what’s been said about him…. Not much. His LIGHT has always been shining…. Its just that nobody’s been looking his way at all.

WISE PUNCHLINES: Ever since I seen him in the RWF, I was always impressed and knew that he was good. I didn’t have to say much about him, I just watch and see him shine. Now, since this has been so overdue to say, WISE P deserves just that going up against TALENT in this week’s title match. WISE P is a true writing major and I hope that for the rest of this year, he maintains and keeps himself going…. He can only get better indeed.

FACELESSS: He was a former member of my crew, and yes he is slept on… and many wonder what he’s about. I’d have to find the thread to show you just how able he is with rhymes but I rather you confront him yourself to see what he can do. I always love a cat who can be versatile in both battling and story like FACE… and no matter what he’s like, I always respect him for that. Take note of him this week.

HARLEQUIN: At first his personality was a bit skeptical for me… didn’t know what kinda person he was and how he carried himself…. But when it got down to stories… HARLE can impress a lot like he has had weeks back. He needs just a tad bit more of learning and finding his own niche and he will be one of the greatest without doubt. Definitely a skilled major but has so much ahead of him that he can show.

That is all for this week in THE CONTROVERSY… join me next week as I tackle on more of the controversial issues running in the RSTL today…

For the RMC… I’m Boner Stabone reminding you to…

Umm..

Shut ya mouf

Cus Im done.​
    test
  12. 6th_plague

You make some undeniable points...

But you say you dont like poetry...

The you say RC is the greatest... When in terms of poetry he rates as a pansy...

You also list Harlequin and IT as good up and comers... both of which are more poetic than I...
    test
  13. TeKneeK

TeKneeK The Heart and Soul of RM

in my eyes.. and thoughts and from all that i read from those who i feel deserve THE LIGHT are NOT what i see as "poetical"

the things that i read are interpreted very differently from how everyone else sees it....

i see what u sayin but i remain mellow and confident in what ive said.
    test
  14. 6th_plague

Yeah, Its your opinion, I'd never seek to dispute that and for a good 3/4's of this mag I some what agree with you, ok may be not to the same extremities but at a base level I agree... Im just saying you don't half contradict yourself on this poetry theory.... But like you said its personal perception... Nice read none the less...
    test
  15. TeKneeK

im the greatest huh .
    test
  16. 6th_plague

test
  17. TeKneeK

i gotta go work now... bbl at lunch.
    test
  18. Vern Acular

Vern Acular 12x RSTL Champ

interesting...the best thing about this mag is...only you care...it's all tekneek's opinion...thanks for doing all the other articles just to write one about yourself, you know that was the main purpose...but...im retired, so stop writing articles about me....
    test
  19. A.S.K

A.S.K ...

HARLEQUIN: At first his personality was a bit skeptical for me… didn’t know what kinda person he was and how he carried himself…. But when it got down to stories… HARLE can impress a lot like he has had weeks back. He needs just a tad bit more of learning and finding his own niche and he will be one of the greatest without doubt. Definitely a skilled major but has so much ahead of him that he can show.

^^

that i wa snot expecting.

i was ready to ba dmouth youa bit cos of some of the things u said, but now i cant really.

i kinda agrre on some points, but not those extreme ones.
    test
  20. jweaksfromdapike

jweaksfromdapike The Pain and the Poetry

nice mag tek...best one ive seen in a while...oh i didnt mimic Omen with my style...my style is my style...I dont believe i would say Vern is the GOAT either..but i wouldnt say RC is yet...he may later on...but he hasnt put enough work in.... *sigh*

"If there isn’t any change or different style in storytelling or topical writing… then the fuel that carries thru the writing can consider itself dead."

im gonna respect your opinion about how you dont prefer poetic writers...even though you are one yourself sometimes...and the writers you hold to be some of the greatest are poetic writers...but where do you get off making that statment above?..since when have you become the all time authority on topical/storytelling writing?...

the poetic style of writing is no different then whatever the hell you want all the writing styles to be in the RSTL...a great story is still told..with excellant visuals and deepness...and all the ones ive read have never been vague...the poetic way adds just something a lil different and fresh...just b/c you dont hear "MC Masta Thug" saying it in a song on the radio doesnt mean it cant be done...these poetic verses can be spit just as well as the other verse you hold highly..

and tek dont think this is Tek vs Jweaks (the hip hop hater)....i love hip hop just as much as anyone on this board..even you tek....its just my writing style is what it is...and you cant tell someone how they should be writing...or what to write...or that there wrong...your just scared poetry is taking over the league and thats false....the league will always be popular and intact...i always thought it was about storytelling anyways teks....when did you lose sight of that?....in the RSTL rules from the beginning it evens mentions poets as participants...

poetry is at the roots of hip hop
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.