CONTEST - Design a shirt to become the head designer of an upcoming clothing line.

Discussion in 'Graphic Forum' started by Wird of Pley, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wird of Pley

Wird of Pley I Slice My Own Ham

This project is being ran by me and Jeff (aka janitor), the owner of RapMusic.com and NDesigns.net.

We have been considering creating a streetwear clothing line for a while now, and we’re currently looking for a head designer for it. Anyone who knows about jeffs other company realizes that he has everything in place to create a clothing line as soon as we find a designer.

The way that we are going to select a head designer is through this contest.

To enter you simply submit a t shirt design that meets the following requirements:
    - Must be in vector.
    - Must be on a black t shirt.
    - Must be all original work.

Those are the only requirements. I dont want to give too many rules and regulations on the style of the design because we're looking for a designer who naturally fits our ideas.

The winner will have their shirt printed for our clothing line, and be hired as the head designer for our upcoming line. If the first shirt does well we plan on running a 15 piece line.

To enter simply reply with an image of your design submission (remember, it MUST be in vector), along with your e-mail and a link to your online portfolio.

Once jeff is online he'll come in here to confirm all of this and sticky the thread.

Example of artwork that we think will sell: http://www.dirtdauber.com/Illustration.html
    test
  2. Janitor

Janitor Guest

Also

If let me add to this...

I spent around 92k last year paying artist here at my work... that's money sent out to freelancers to do t-shirt designs for our clients.

With that said... if we see someone who is creative (especially with vector art) I would give them jobs to work on.
    test
  3. Bootlegg

Bootlegg New Member

I'm curious as to why only vector. Can the company not separate the channels of psd files or is it just easier with vector? I have no problem with vector, I'm curious as to why. I would imagine that it is because it's easier to separate vector files.
    test
  4. Wird of Pley

Jeff said vector, I'm assuming because its easier for them to immediately press.
    test
  5. Janitor

Janitor Guest

If you do PS...

Needs to be:
    - 200 DPI
    - The print size is exactly as we print it on the shirt (example 13" x 15")
    - Keep the background a color that's not going to be printed.
    - Flatten the PSD file

Vector is so much easier to work with...
    test
  6. Janitor

Janitor Guest

test
  7. Definit

Definit Based.

id like atleast half that 92k you spent on designing t-shirts

vector, and shirt ideas are pretty basic for me...i'll work up some exclusive samples for this...

i also can do Flash based websites, if that is ever needed...and or vector style Logo's aswell...

i hit ya PM Jeff...askin for ya email to send some of them Demo's for this to...i'll be working on demo's for the next few days to see what i can come up with, then when im done i'll shoot those over to you...i'll come up with atleast 5 different all original vector/t-shirt ideas...

none the less...i want this...i got nothing but time on my hands for something like this...pz.
    test
  8. Definit

Definit Based.

edit: sent a new concept to the email Arcane gave me.

the 800media email.

let me get some feedback on that so i know whats up with it...i can do this 24/7...

i have litterely an avg of 24 hr turn over time for finished concepts, and provided 3 different concepts, lol...

also, note to add, i do use Adobe Illustrator, which is the best quality imo for t-shirt/vector art transfering, didnt read much on what file you need it in, but from my understanding is .AI owns the competition in that, and all my artwork i will send it in AI format, which can be resized if needed...or Personally tweaked for Better positioning and or Personal Final Touches before its pressed/finalized...pz.
    test
  9. Wird of Pley

definit, send the samples to me as well, im involved in the marketing of the brand.

wirdofpley@yahoo.com

PM me whenever u got some heat.
    test
  10. Skep

Skep A Bucs Life

test
  11. Empire Designs

Empire Designs New Member

i'll drop something
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.