constructive Critism

Discussion in 'Graphic Forum' started by Jyedigitech, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jyedigitech

Jyedigitech Member

This one is open to designers. Check out this piece I did from 2004. The background consists of around 20 layers or so and I'm pleased with it, but my main concern is the center picture. I'm going to give this joint a 2008 facelift, and I'm thinking about losing the center pic and putting another one there in it's place. Have a look and let me know what you think: [​IMG]
    test
  2. eneyekay

eneyekay Graphic Designer

first off, as I say to everyone who does this... lose the explicit lyrics logo... it does nothing for any design. Your fonts need sorting out... not the best choice in the world and you're not using them creatively at all... bevelling, embossing, drop-shadowing and adding a gaussian blur around text is also a design no-no unless there's a reason for it... but generally, it makes text look cheap and over photoshopped.

The middle image of that geezer is pretty awful quality, and it's obvious you've used a GIF file or sorts. Make sure you get hi-res images and design everything for print at 300dpi.

The background is also looking over photoshopped, keeping projects simple is always best if you're starting off, this just looks messy and reminiscent of a lot of mid-90s amateur design that people (including myself back in the day) were churning out.

The two faces at the top add nothing to the cover, likewise with the other bits of people blended in at the bottom.

If you are going to re-do this (I wouldn't bother, I'd move on and come up with something else for someone else) do it totally differently... there's a lot of good design out there if you're willing to search, and don't go for a typical hip-hop design either... create your own style and be influenced by everything.
    test
  3. Jyedigitech

Jyedigitech Member

Thanks for your input.

Jye

test
  4. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

if you make the background less visible, coz right now it's not serving the purpose of a background per say, it's almost a foreground, too strong. the colours are nice, but overdone. the concept is nice, but the fonts really need changing bruh ...

[turn] ...
    test
  5. Dex Luiz

Dex Luiz Guest

Not bad.

Fonts are kind've wack and the explicit lyrics logo can get lost.
    test
  6. DjAzmatic

DjAzmatic New Member

backround isnt too bad..fonts are wack thou..look like they came from windows 95..

dafont.com ..getchur self some bad ass fonts :D
    test
  7. Jyedigitech

Jyedigitech Member

lol...you're on point. The fonts came from 98 that's what I was using at that the time I made this. Thanks for the input.

Jye
    test
  8. 50shellz

50shellz New Member

lol...go'da "dafont.com" ..u can getchur self alot of new fonts there. :)
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.