Connecting presonus firebox to monitor help

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by AndrewC, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndrewC

AndrewC New Member

Hey guys, I was just wondering what cables would I need for me to connect the firebox to my monitors? This is cuz I purchasd both items 2nd hand, and it didnt come with all the cables that are usually included, hence Im pretty lost at the moment.

Ohyea, just to clarify things. I'm trying to hook it up to a pair of behringer MS20, and you can see how the back of it looks like @ http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/nikhandson/Extra/MS20Back.jpg.

I'm pretty sure what I need right now is a TRS 1/4 to RCA cable @ [​IMG] , but the back of the firebox has 2 main outputs (for left and right), and if I do get the cable mentioned above, it will only be able to connect into 1 of the outputs. Hope yall understand what I'm trying to stay.

Thanks in advance
    test
  2. Mr. ROUSH

Mr. ROUSH WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/ROUSH

The cord you have posted would work, but I wouldn't do it that way.. you need a balanced trs 1/4" come from the main outs of the firebox going to the "line 1" analog input.. I can't tell from the picture.. I hope that's also 1/4" but it looks smaller.. yep.. I checked.. and it's 1/8" .. man.. not to knock your hustle.. but that's ass.. good monitors are important.. you can do much better, but I understand that may not be an option.. but save up a couple hundred and at least step those up... behringer is awful... good luck..
    test
  3. doctah

doctah I know how to do that...

You're likely going to want to use the digital output from your firebox > digital input of your "monitors". Hopefully you got the breakout cable that is supposed to come w/ the firebox.

You really should go d/l the manuals to for both the speakers and the soundcard. I doubt plugging analog output into a digital input would break anything, but you can save yourself a lot of headache.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.