congratulations to Jenga: The inaugural Gambling Fantasy champ

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by SeeSon, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

oh no!!!!! the clown with no mma smarts is going to stop addressing me....... i already told you i was down for the same

fuck off lil girl
    test
  2. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

no, training does not increase your knowledge. everything you learn anyone else can learn, it's just you can execute it better than someone that doesn't train can.

yes, i can pickup on sloppy technique or missed notes as well as a trained guitarist because i know music (and played back in the day).

if you study anything, you don't necessarily have to participate in the activity to know about it. there's an NFL head coach right now that never played football ever.

there goes your theory!
    test
  3. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

YOU PLAYED!!!!

lol

thank you, exactly

the day john clayton knows more about football than ray lewis is the day my ballsack turns into a vagina
    test
  4. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

music is different from sports because it's more about hearing. and i played trumpet, not guitar, but i can pickup on the notes.

sports is easy. once you know the play calls, that's all there is really. maybe you can't execute them the way someone who plays can, but you know what is supposed to be done, what coverage goes where, etc. knowing a sport is different from executing the moves in a sport. sure you can perform mma moves better than someone that doesn't train, but knowledge of the sport? anyone can be an expert if they watch & study the techniques.
    test
  5. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

i disagree to some extent.... most people that just watch cant tell you how painful a kneebar is in comparison to an armbar

i see goldberg and renallo make mistakes about actual danger a fighter is in all the time, even when im like... that punch didnt get him as bad as it looked , or that arm is free, or there is an arm in there...

i just disagree , i mean to an extent you can absorb as much stats, facts, etc about mma as you want... but its like anything else, to me... or at least ill say this...

all other things equal between 2 'fight critics' .... knowledge, etc etc , ill give the nod to the guy who trained opinion over the guy who didnt....
    test
  6. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

well, i didn't think we were talking about how painful a move is, or how hard a punch is thrown. the weakest swing, if it connects in the right spot, is a knockout blow. i'm talking about the knowledge of the sport. anyone that studies can have knowledge, obviously the person that trains can tell you what hurts more.
    test
  7. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

like i said, im not talking about MAJOR shit , neccessarily

also, do you think someone could have the same bjj know how of a black or brown belt without practicing it and by just watching and reading?

what would stop them from putting it into practice?
    test
  8. Jenga

Jenga New Member

I agree on this, cause I don't train, but one of my best friends does, and we watch all of the UFC and whatever other events together (always gambling on fights) and while I would say that I pick winners about 55% of the time (when gambling against a friend, some times you have to take the worst of it cause you both want the same fighter) when we watch them, especially with ju jitzu he will be calling out moves that I see no way to get to, and I am like how is that even possible and then he has to show me... But it really is interesting watching with people who train to see it from a different light yourself.
    test
  9. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

You guys are gay.

Congrats Jenga, man I really dropped the ball on that last UFC event.

*Shrugs* oh well...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.