Configuring M-audio Mobile Pre USB to Cool Edit Pro

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Dkaid, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dkaid

Dkaid Dkaid - Point Made

I just got this Mobile Pre. I had bought another soundcard previously and had a problem where I couldn't get the line-in to record anything but the left channel real low and bassy quality. Now that I traded that in for this Mobile Pre, I'm having the same issue, except its not bassy, but it only records in the left channel. I have tried to set up the recording wave's in and out to the Mobile Pre, and the playback as well. I'm not having problems with the playback, I just can't get the sucker to even record mono or stereo, just straight up left channel.

Anyone know any kind of solution I could try?
    test
  2. Mr. Verbalist

Mr. Verbalist How am I doin?

Well my boy has the mobile pre. You need 2 XLR cables, 1 from the 1 channel and 1 from the 2nd channel ... then you need an adapter to split them into one to go to the mic ... that's how he does it ... not sure, but the guy at guitar center said that's what you gotta do with the mobile pre, maybe i'm wrong. but his works great.
    test
  3. State Reps

State Reps New Member

thats not what u do
    open up cool edit....in SINGLE TRACK VIEW GO TO:
    Options
    click SETTINGS
    click the MULTITRACK TAB
    change track record from STEREO to Mono

close cool edit
    reopen it..and start recording

you have to record mono to hear out of both sides...when u mix down...it'll be stereo
    test
  4. Letme

Letme New Member

while we have smart people about i have a question, why when im recordin on cool edit can i not hear myself, but only hear the beat? any one know? maybe its just me bein thick as fuck

oh and open up cool edit....in SINGLE TRACK VIEW GO TO: << what u mean
    im way too dumb to be tryna make tracks but appreciate any help, also sorry for jumpin in ya thread
    test
  5. Letme

Letme New Member

and man i just worked out ya problem... i think.... about it only recordin threw one channel, if ya shits like mine anyway, if u click on the record option bit on a track choose ya recording device e.g m-audio 1/2 then on the side theres a bit that says left or right channel click the one that ya mics plugged into should work fine
    test
  6. State Reps

State Reps New Member

^^^

if he does it that way...he'll have to do it EVERYTIME he starts a new session
    the way I stated above is permanent

single track view=what u see when you first open cool edit up
    test
  7. Letme

Letme New Member

oh okay, but man what happened bein able to hear myself while recordin? u know about that?
    test
  8. State Reps

State Reps New Member

you mean WHILE you're recording you cant hear yourself?

or after u record..u press play and cant hear yourself...just the beat
    test
  9. Letme

Letme New Member

i think it might be my soundcard in all honesty but yea i cant hear myself while im recording but its fine when i play it back, but actually i have never been able to hear myself through my speakers until im done recordin, shits so fuckin irritating cos i love the sound of my voice
    test
  10. Dkaid

Dkaid Dkaid - Point Made

I got it all figured out like that, but that still doesn't explain the bassy crap quality. I tried talking to M-Audio on the phone, but they put me on hold long distance, the bastards.
    test
  11. State Reps

State Reps New Member

lol..I called them one night for my omnistudio because something was wrong w/ it..i was on hold for 47 minutes lmmfao...but i was determined to get the problem fixed...they are slow as hell
    test
  12. TUKSEDO

TUKSEDO New Member

I'm have the same proplem, except when i set it up the way (State Rep) suggest, my vocals is recorded low and i'm not feeling the idea of turning up the volume on my vocal in cool edit, cause you can hear the fuss when you do that.

open up cool edit....in SINGLE TRACK VIEW GO TO:
    Options
    click SETTINGS
    click the MULTITRACK TAB
    change track record from STEREO to Mono

close cool edit
    reopen it..and start recording

you have to record mono to hear out of both sides...when u mix down...it'll be stereo

And the next thing is why is it when i'm recording i can only hear the beat and my vocals not included? or am i just setting it all wrong?
    test
  13. jrome801

jrome801 New Member

i am havin the same issuez but sollved 1 thankz 2 thiz forum....but 1 last prob i also kant hear myself while im recording.????? plz help
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.