Computer Speakers and emu 1212m (HELP)

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Yung Dibbz, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yung Dibbz

Yung Dibbz New Member

I ain't got no mons right now, and all my computer speakers have as a plug is a single stereo 1/8 thing. What plug or adapter should i get that will allow me to listen in stereo with the emu 1212m for the time i don't have mons...
    test
  2. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

get an adapter 1/8" to 1/4" usually at radio shack for $2
    test
  3. Fame-S

Fame-S New Member

i forget the exact name of the cable u need, i think its called a stereo y-cable or some shit like that. get one with a female 1/8" plug that splits into 2 male 1/4". put each 1/4" into the outs of ur emu and plug ur comp speakers into the 1/8". thats wat i did wit mine. actually no, i got a 1/4" female to 2 1/4" males and bought an 1/8" to 1/4" adapter cuz GC didnt have ne 1/8" female to 2 1/4" males.
    test
  4. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

^radio shack does and if hes usin pc speakers it dont matter at this point and a Y cable would be a great idea honestly tho at this point it wouldnt matter if he did everything in mono either tho lol
    test
  5. Riott

Riott Electronic Media

or, you could just use your Emu 1212M as your recording device IN. and then use your soundcard ALREADY in your computer as your output audio device. that way you dont have to spend 5 bucks to purchase the cable, and not to mention the gas money now days to get there haha. thats what i did with my computer speakers. and then i actually got a spillter from a 1/8 to a R & L Audio cable. which i inputed into my mixer, and then i come out of my mixer to my mons whenever i'm mixing down. I have a faily cheep set-up (2,500). But i use headphones, computer speakers, boombox speakers, and then my mons when i mix down, to correct problems on each kind. but DO invest some money in mons, there the most important aspect i feel.
    test
  6. AllOrNothinEnt

AllOrNothinEnt Retired from Rapmusic.com

Wait, if he uses his internal..and most likely ONBOARD sound as the out, then he'll have 16bit playback....that defeats the purpose of even having the E-Mu 1212M.

Just get the adapter.
    test
  7. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

^how so? lots of cards have 24 bit converters if having 24 bits is the only reason for having the 1212m there are a bunch of cheaper solutions
    test
  8. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

and doesnt not having monitors defeat the purpose of having the 1212m
    test
  9. AllOrNothinEnt

AllOrNothinEnt Retired from Rapmusic.com

#1. Most onboard sound is 16bit, unless it's a higher end computer, or NEWER computer...my onboard is 16bit, Id never use it for playback.

#2. Yes, why even buy a great soundcard to record with, and not have mons to mix with?
    That's like buying a condom, and not havin a dick to fuck with in the first place.
    test
  10. Yung Dibbz

Yung Dibbz New Member

You guys are being asswholes again.... Thanks to the people who helped with my question the....

^^^is what i asked, i have mons, but i leant them to my school studio for a quick buck cuz they need anything they can get and i need money. i got 50$ from them, so i figured for the time being i shall just buy some adapters and be at a 40$ profit until i get my shit back. I didn't ask aon or xabition's opinions on "buying a condom, and not havin a dick to fuck with in the first place"...
    test
  11. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

you have two options

one is buying an adapter, the other involves soldering

my choice, obviously, is the one that involves soldering because the end result is both cheaper and better sounding because i know what i'm doing

in your case, you'll want a female 1/8" TRS to double male TS adapter
    test
  12. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

i like bitches who keep rubbers it makes me know shes got respect enough for herself to be safe
    test
  13. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

quit actin like a bitch. u ask a question then get mad at the results if u didnt know the answer u should be grateful anyone responded in this thread. I guess you forgot that we dont owe u shit. Ima keep sayin wtf i want and if u dont like it
    [​IMG]
    test
  14. Yung Dibbz

Yung Dibbz New Member

*looks for e-threat @ the end of ^^^* *does not compute*
    test
  15. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

[​IMG] does that work better for u.
    test
  16. imstillqb05

imstillqb05 New Member

lol X just has a anger problem dont mind him. I was usin my emu with computer speakers for a week when i didnt have mons. I just got a y cable with 2 male 1/4 and 1 female 1/4, then got a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter...thats all....no need for all that now though
    test
  17. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

^nope im not angry i just have a tendency to tell people FUCK YOU!
    test
  18. doctah

doctah I know how to do that...

looks @ x's sig.
    test
  19. Owen Sparks

Owen Sparks .

i was looking for this answer also propz people
    test
  20. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

i'll take credit for that one :)