Commentary on the way Benoit is used

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by Feme Sole, Jun 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feme Sole

Feme Sole Mrs. _Evil

Now perhaps I'm just being an over-zealous mark for Benoit but this is ridiculous. He and Rhyno have now been downgraded to Velocity. It appears that Benoit will not even be on this week's SD.

I am in disbelief at the way the WWE can misuse its talent. Here you have the best pure wrestler in the company and he's not on your primetime, non-cable "wrestling" show.

Last I checked this was all still about wrestling. Sadly we have to sit through so much of this soap-opera crap and all the terrible storylines and gimmicks, but it still revolves around wrestling.

And if it is still about wrestling, then why in the world wouldn't you put the very best on everytime you have a large audience that just might be tunning in to see some wrestling?

Whatever people want to see, the viginettes, the gimicks, the soaps, the scary bumps, the main event, the women..., whatever the reason, the first one is still wrestling.

I don't think most people flip through the channels until they see Torrie wrestling Sable and then change the channel once Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit come out for a match. Probably the opposite.

Back to the point. Benoit has unbelievable wrestling ability. He can make anyone he gets in a ring with look really good. He does what is asked of him no matter what it is, he makes the faces look better than ever and gets the heels more over with the crowd than anyone else, just by wrestling. Watching him wrestle makes me want to stick around and watch more.

The people that want soap-operas aren't going to leave because there is a good wrestling match on, so just on the outside chance that someone might flip to UPN to watch Smackdown to see Wrestling why not put the best wrestlers on the show so that those people stick around? Seems like a good idea to me.

blue blazers
    test
  2. Cane

Cane Guest

this is where smarks always and i mean always, seem to think that everyone wants wrestling and not storylines. sorry but the casual fan doesn't care about good matches as much as the stuff smarks love to hate. simple truth.
    test
  3. Most Incredible

Most Incredible New Member

I hate the way Benoit has been used...
    They put him and Rhyno on Velocity??? Damn, hopefully they're only trying to increase the Velocity rating by doing that and not actually demoting them. But still that sux. I agree that Benoit is a great wrestler and he should be used very much, especially on Smackdown, because he's one of their veterans and one of the bigger names they have on their show. I feel that he should be getting the title on Smackdown, their roster is so young and no one is more worthy and deserving of the title than Benoit. The only real canidates, imo, who could hold the title besides Benoit are: Brock, Kurt Angle, Eddie G., hmm... Rhyno, Cena, and Taker. So yea, I agree with you, Benoit hasn't been being utilized to his full potential, not at all. They are wasting him.
    test
  4. Feme Sole

Feme Sole Mrs. _Evil

LOL yeah!!
    test
  5. Tha Top Dawg

Tha Top Dawg Subtle, yet sassy.

Cane's right, the CASUAL fan doesn't appreciate good wrestling, I've seen a match with benoit and i forget who else go through a series of moves, reversals and counters, amazing stuff, they paused....nothing, not a peep from the crowd. I'm as much a Benoit mark as the next person and I'd like to see him used better too, but he can't talk, and Benoit was most over when Shane McMahon was his manager, so I say give Benoit a manager, like Heyman or someone, and turn him heel, Benoit works much better as a heel, and put him in the main event scene. And they really need to find a balance between talking, storylines and wrestling, cuz it is absolutly pathetic when a wrestling show that goes 2 hours long has maybe 5 matches, and on tv most matches go around 5 minutes, give or take. so on any given TV night theres about 35 minutes wrestling and 90 minutes talk and story, if the stories they were giving were actually interesting and not so retarded and played out maybe it wouldnt be so bad, but id still like to see more wrestling.
    test
  6. FukkedUPKidR

FukkedUPKidR Guest

yes feme sole [funny] i agree..
    test
  7. FortiFied Killa

FortiFied Killa New Member

yeah the wwe has never been good with people that cant work the mic...they did it to malenko, they did it to raven, and now their doing it to benoit
    test
  8. Tha Top Dawg

Raven couldnt work the mic? Raven was awesome on the mic most times, not in the wwf but in ecw and wcw he was good.
    test
  9. V E R B

V E R B Guest

Benoit is ill...
    test
  10. FortiFied Killa

ecw let him say what he wanted, in wcw he sucked on the mic most times...to monotoned
    test
  11. Macabre

Macabre Guest

he was playing a depressed character, did you expect him to sound excited?
    test
  12. Macabre

Macabre Guest

As much as I agree with that, notice casual fans don't even care about the drama anymore

I honestly don't think fans care about wrestling right now. WWE should just chill out until people are sick of FRIENDS and all that bullshit.
    test
  13. FortiFied Killa

he played the exact chracter in ecw...and monotone doesnt mean depressed, he just sounded like he didnt care and it was all the same
    test
  14. Macabre

Macabre Guest

I know what you're getting at but..

In ECW he did play a depressed non caring character. But he was also a non caring character that won and hurt people at all costs.

In WCW, he had the same qualities except winning at all costs. They wanted him to sound like he didn't care. Remember, he played a rich kid who ACTED depressed.

In WWE they didn't even try to give him a real character. That's the reason he and alot of their roster seems worse than they are. Complete lack of care by the creative team.
    test
  15. Tha Top Dawg

something like over 7 million people have stopped watching wrestling in the last 2 years or so, i read that somewhere. Anyway I agree the fans are tired of what they see, they keep trying to re-do something that was a hit at a different time, theyre trying too hard to look for that one guy, one angle, one whatever to give them their fans back when they should really just worry about bettering the product, keeping the fans they currently have happy, and let it go from there. Eventually they'll find there big star, they'll get another hot angle, and they'll get their fan base back. But right now they dont seem to care about shit at all, so vince can continue to half ass it, continue to lose more and more fans, and continue to lose a shit load of money.
    test
  16. Cane

Cane Guest

wrestling for years, over a decade, was just getting in the mid 3 for ratings...in the days of the honkey tonk man, the macho king, etc. the 80's and 90's....i think wrestling's just going back to the state it's always been in.

people are just in an uproar cause wrestling became the fad, but they're not thinking that it's just returning to it's normal state. it was a pure fad, like the yoyo, or scooters, etc. new fans came in cause it was rebelious, but now everyone's rebelious and it's not cool anyone, and the fads gone. simple as that.
    test
  17. Royceshady

Royceshady Guest

They should have Benoit wrestle Columbian midgets every week. And then have Vince dress up like a circus clown and spray Benoit with a water bottle in the face after every match...POW! Right in the kisser! Without fail. Then Benoit would develop a healthy fear of clowns with water bottles...then finally, Vince would come down and Benoit would think he'd squirt him with the water again, but instead Vince would set himself on fire. And this would cure Benoit of his fear.

I'm sorry...what was I talking about again?
    test
  18. Foreshadow

Foreshadow FF2/EMT-B

word
    test
  19. Macabre

Macabre Guest

sounds pretty normal
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.