Comedian gets kicked off stage for droppin the N bomb

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by stadw0n306, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tyronehouston

tyronehouston Well-Known Member

I think sometimes when you talking you come across racially insensitive (which i'm sure you would have no issue with that) or just from a biased male white view.

The post did explain alot, although it is still through your own white perspective. I too could post it from my own black perspective, especially in corporate america, the inherent disadvantages for minorities (especially since I've done the recruiting and hiring at companies like Coke, IBM, Microsoft, HP, Wells Fargo, etc...but i've realized it isn't so much racisim as it is the nepotism and cronyism that takes place in corporate america.

I mean 70% of jobs are never advertised to the public, I know from the inside they aren't. Hiring Managers will usually hire their buddies or their friends buddies for jobs and if almost all of them are white, then they are usually hiring from a small pool of their white friends, associates, family.

Sometimes you need affirmative action to make sure they are looking at a wider pool of candidates of which they might not have considered.

I mean look at the NFL, it is a sport dominated by blacks, however they still have a hard time getting jobs in the front office and as head coaches and it took the Rooney Rule (affirmative action) just to get alot of NFL teams to even consider interviewing a black person as a coach. Because lot's of white head coaches were teaching their son's and friends how to be head coaches, often giving their offense/defense coordinater jobs to their friends and children. Look at the Tampa Bay Bucs Coach, he was young and extremely inexperience, but had the qualities u like in a head coach, and look how he has turned that team around. Now he would have never got that chance if the Rooney Rule was put in place.

Now if it's like that in something we dominate in, think how hard it is to move up the chain in something we are the extreme minority in (corporate america)

Let me just say what Colin Powell said, affirmative action only gets you thru that door, once you get the job you are only judged by your performance and most often more critically.
    test
  2. seattlebattle12

seattlebattle12 aka lil ill & dagawd100

you're a fucking idiot breh :funny: so if Asians started shipping hundreds of millions of white teenagers and young adults or something to China every year for hundreds of years to be enslaved and forbidden from receiving education, then conquer Europe and America and attempt to eradication the native culture while constantly exploiting the people, and then eventually after hundreds years of this and other attempts at keeping white people in the lowest position possible, a few decades of imperfect restitutions are going to all of a sudden make everything okay and balance the playing field?

the rest of your post is a poor attempt at an ad hominem attack. i could be a homeless crackhead or bill gates and it wouldn't change the correctness of my post. aren't you supposed to be smart b? :funny:
    test
  3. tyronehouston

Real Shit. But Eyerate will just blow it off as some progressive/leftist mumbo jumbo.
    test
  4. reznick

reznick New Member

Well I think equality is more complex today than just everybody having the exact same rights. I mean it's hard to believe, but slavery was around only 140 years ago. So the black americans who came from slavery basically started from scratch, while like houston pointed out, whites have naturally lookedout for their friends and families (who wouldnt do that?).

I discourage welfare programs, but things like affirmative action as it pertains to schools and jobs makes perfect sense to me. The playing field is not level, and until it is, you cant say there is equality. And I dont think taking those programs away would more *****ly bring about equality in our society
    test
  5. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

close.. im going to pull his card for being an armchair monday morning quarterback. if he had any experience or credentials(as you and i both have, and provided) to back up his ability to make any observations on economics or the business world, he would have GLADLY rubbed my face in it.

im betting early to mid 20s, lives at home, never finished college or has an associate of arts, and jobless or under 30k/year..

and if i were to take a long shot, im betting a car lease/loan thats over 10% of his income.

then im going to laugh at the term "imperfect restitutions" and question what "perfect restitutions" are.. you want every white person to pay you what? 5000$? does that give you a leg up or does that make tron the worlds richest man? you want 40 and a mule, and who works that land? the truth is, restitutions are in place in a BIG way. read diggles post. as much as you'd like to sit here and argue with me that the black man is still oppressed and held down by the man, its just not a plausible argument in this day and age. black people have been SPOONFED for the last 20 years. is it our job(the majority) to motivate people to take advantage of the programs in place? or is it time for some leadership from the black community?

who are your black role models? serious question.. and dont hit me with the MLK/barack obama bullshit either.. why are people like al sharpton and jesse jackson leading the charge? the jewish media wants it that way? when do we stop making excuses and take some personal responsibility. not one person other than cozy has addressed the bill cosby situation... why is that? why is gang violence at an alltime high? why does the black community glorify rappers and murderers instead of CEOs and businessmen? why are kids who are provided every opportunity via selective grants and FREE tuition dropping out of college at an alarming rate?

i mean listen.. i'd be all for having this debate with you guys if you didnt fucking deflect my questions about whats going on RIGHT NOW to shit that happened 40 years ago.. why is there no give and all take? do you not see that all you're doing by crutching on that bullshit is holding yourself back from the ample opportunities supplied?

and now is the time to do it.. we have idiocy in the white community for people like sarah palin to be considered a serious candidate for PRESIDENT. the white race is about as weak as its going to get. claw your way into the mix or shut the fuck up. nothing in this world is promised. it wasnt promised to me, in fact i had a harder uphill battle than anyone can imagine.. and if i made it with none of these incredibly lucrative and racist programs, why the fuck cant you?
    test
  6. Eyerate

why do we talk about 140 years like its yesterday? you know how many american companies have been around 140 years? you know whos still around? colgate, valspar, citibank, brooks brothers, procter and gamble... theres maybe 40? and almost ZERO in their original incarnation or role.

the only one worth mentioning is berkshire hathaway.. except they existed as a textile manufacturer untill the late 1960s when buffet got into insurance and started to finance investments from those profits.

the landscape is impossible to recognize even 20 years back... why do we all pretend money isnt moving at RETARDED pace? more money
    (in USD) changed hands in 2010 than the whole of the planets recorded economies prior to 1950.. the louisiana purchase was 15 million dollars "only 200 years ago".. im going to be worth 15m before im 40...

why doesnt anyone want to let go of the past? it really doesnt effect anything on a nuclear family level today. pretending like slavery or segregation has any ill effect on a young person today is like pretending the magna carta dictates what i eat for breakfast.
    test
  7. seattlebattle12

-the fact you think i'm black just makes you look more stupid and racist :funny::funny::funny: i'm about as black as erikforeman
    -you still refused to accept that the past has some effect on what's going on today? whites have basically held back blacks for hundreds of years. that means blacks are hundreds of years behind whites in education and such. i bet you're one of the guy that points out how fucked up Africa is after the white people left and asks why it can't pick itself up after the white oppressors left right?
    -nobody gives a fuck about your personal stories or whatever. the fact you keep bringing it up just shows how ill prepared you are to address the overall issue.
    -when you make statements like "ho are your black role models? serious question.. and dont hit me with the MLK/barack obama bullshit either.." it just exposed you for how ignorant and ignorant you are. That's like me saying who are white people's role models, baseball players and Sarah Palin? :funny:

eyerate why don't you explain to me why blacks consistently still score worse on IQ tests than whites. Do you know what "sterotype threat" is? Have you ever studied other majority-minority race relations in other countries? e.g. the Burakumin of Japan or the aboriginals Oceania?
    test
  8. tyronehouston

The funny thing Eyerate, is alot of my corporate black friends who make good money over six figures or own their own business will agree with alot of what you posted here. I agree, at the end of the day life is not fair, and every person has to make a decision to live the right way or the bad way.

I've always thought Condelezza Rice should have been praised as someone to look up to 4 young black woman more in the black community, especially since she came from nothing instead of praising lil Kim, and you posed some extremely good questions that the black community has never address, i'd also include the black on black crime, murder being the leading cause of death for blacks between 18-30, 70% of children being born out of wedlock.

Now there are some very valid social reasons why this has taken place, but I know Eyerate will just take them as excuses.

Blacks most influential leaders were purposely killed or put in long jail sentences during the late 60's to late 70's (I would argue the government did it, but digress)

And then the prision industrial complex (jail 4 profit system) starting in 1980 along with the war on drugs that unfairly targeted urban areas with swat teams and harsher jail sentences 4 selling crack (which blacks sold) as opposed to cocaine (which whites sold) and the whole CIA/Iran Contra affair that allowed drugs to be sold in urban communities to help fund them, so the Ronald Reagan administration push harsh penalities on drugs but at the same time was allow the flow of drugs into the inner cities to help fund a foreign war.

This created extreme growth of criminals from the mid 80's to present, which disproportiantely affected black males more than anyone else. We have more criminals in jail per capita than any country in the world and it's only getting worse. 7 out of 10 people in jail now are drug related crimes and mostly black even though evidence has always shown that drugs are just as prevalent in surburbia white america as much as it is in urban communities. It's just urban communities are profiled more.

This broke down the black family structure (no man around) and you see where most black values are today because of it.

And then on top of that once you become a criminal, even if you tried your chances to go the right path, your still fucked, because Corporate America won't hire you if you have a criminal record and in alot of states you can't vote with a felony, so the US has found a way for alot of black males to be 2nd class citizens again by putting extremely long drug sentences for crack and then not letting them be able to be reintroduce into society thru corporate america or utilize the ultimate citizen power to vote.

So black america, has criminal conditioning since so many of it's own people have been criminalized, and you can see it in our moral and value system dropping, the degrading of our women, the gangstarism in our music and how we support as leaders, etc....

Again Eyerate, just a little explain but not excuses. I know you see things black & white. I see things a little more nuanced than that, but at the same time I've seen so many black people have chances to do what they want and blow it for some reason, so 4 whatever reason, it's still about self help and motivation and the willingness to choose to do something productive in your life.

So I agree with you Eyerate, I'm just more empathic as opposed to your apathy, lol.
    test
  9. Eyerate

that last sentence is put pretty perfectly. i really am apathetic to the whole "struggle" because i dont see it. what i see are successful smart black people ashamed of their culture in the same way im ashamed of redneck motherfuckers praising palin and emo kids crashing daddys lexus to "feel something".

what i see is a world of opportunity and a generation squandering it.. white kids just arent making excuses for being failures yet, but its coming. and we already have white parents making excuses for their kids.. ADD, ADHD, bipolar disorder.. come the fuck on.

white people have the "oh no, not my kid!" bullshit.. black people crutch on "were oppressed". in the end its all excuses and it sickens me.
    test
  10. Eyerate

answers the questions or you wont be taken seriously.

ive got your number and you know it. take your armchair bullshit somewhere people arent smart enough to see right through it.
    test
  11. tyronehouston

Real Shit. I cosign this 100%.
    test
  12. teacozy

teacozy New Member

RIP Nikki Catsouras
    test
  13. Eyerate

nah, wrong category. but im also ashamed of silver spoon cunts having no regard for anything or anyone other than themselves and consistently acting reckless without fear of consequence..

that falls in line with the "NOT MY KID!" horrible privileged white parenting. fuck that little cunt. people were pissed at me for laughing at the "harassment" her parents received. i say fuck it. you raised a shitty kid who killed herself and could have injured or killed a whole lot of others in the process. reap what you sew.

EDIT: this brings up an excellent point.. i live in a very wealthy suburb of chicago and i consistently see these 20something white princesses driving daddys benz/porsche/BMW completely shitfaced. they just dont give a fuck about anything other than the next episode of jersey shore and how many guys that daddy wouldnt approve of they can get to fuck their pretty little manicured assholes.

i obviously love these sluts for selfish reasons, but their behavior really does disgust me.. which in turn makes its incredibly easy for me to disrespect them and toss them out like garbage, which is what they love.. its all cyclical.

you wanna see an unbelievably high concentration of incredibly hot young girls? swing by the mandatory DUI "scared straight" class at your local courthouse. oh. my. fucking. god.
    test
  14. seattlebattle12

oh dear i won't be taken seriously by the great eyerate, my life is over. why don't YOU answer my questions seriously first and then I'LL take YOU seriously?

i don't doubt your practical experience in business and economics far surpasses mine, but that has nothing to do with race relations. I bet you know very little about history, especially Atlantic/African history, and probably not much about psychology either. AND you sure as hell don't know anything about race relations or racism.

besides, this is the internet where anyone can make anything else. i doubt anything i say regarding me personally you will believe unless it fits your personal biases.

And for the record, I answer just about all of your questions. I just didn't think I would have to do direct quotes with my answer typed neatly enough under them for you to understand it.

seriously the effect of stereotype threat by itself is a huge oppressive factor today, and unfortunately probably will be for a long, long time. please point me out minority race that was discriminated as uncivilized, unintelligent, and barbaric that has managed to rise to even a somewhat equal status as the majority race

edit: i can't believe all of ya'll are even somewhat cosigning eyerate's bullshit rhetoric. you realize when you boil it down what he's saying is basically "why can't blacks still do anything right even with all this affirmative action and suck, there must be something innately wrong with their race/culture/genes". he can deny it all he wants but i see through his thousand words essays.
    test
  15. teacozy

teacozy New Member

Word? Good looks.
    test
  16. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

This....

Thats exactly the undertone I get from Eyerate as well.....

When he says things like "this is the weakest white people will get" and things like that its plainly obvious to me....

PEACE
    test
  17. Eyerate

psychology is not science.. its a joke. its ENTIRELY subjective. however, im well versed in the catchall psychology terms and bullshit pseudoscience.. enough so that most psych 101 faggots bury themselves trying to debate it with me in about 3 posts. im VERY well versed in history.. in fact, ive made posts in this very thread weaving historical facts and figures into my argument.

you didnt answer shit... and by not answering a few simple questions i laid out you just solidify in everyones mind that I have YOU pegged as the bleeding heart early 20s armchair dickhead who doesnt actually know his ass from a hole in the wall. attempting to use "psychology" as an attack point just further cements that position.

EDIT: and now its really game over.. we ALL know a cosign from sifu is the proverbial touch of death to any argument. :funny:
    test
  18. seattlebattle12

eyerate explain to me what stereotype threat is and how it doesn't still affect blacks negatively today. if you do that i will admit that you're right about me. :funny::funny::funny:
    test
  19. Eyerate

an unproven thinly veiled excuse for people who fail.

the antithesis of this being counter stereotypical behavior. the most notable quote in support of this being "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

unfortunately for you, both are HIGHLY subjective and rooted more in personality type than race.

and you dont need to admit it, its clear to everyone here.
    test
  20. seattlebattle12

you took thirty minutes to post that? shit i was expected thousands of words of pure ether with tons of facts and cited sources. get the fuck outta here you're done for the day :funny::funny:

unproven? "One published meta-analysis conducted by Walton & Spencer (2009) found significant evidence that stereotype threat impairs the standardized test performances of African Americans and women on the SAT."

"The stereotype threat phenomenon has been confirmed in over three hundred scientific journal articles (Steele, Spencer, & Aronson, 2002; see ReducingStereotypeThreat.org). "

"The theory has generated a good deal of intervention work, some of which has boosted the achievement and test scores of low performing minority students.[15][16] Since stereotype threat appears to be one of the key contributing factors to the gaps in test scores, researchers Geoffrey L. Cohen, Julio Garcia, Nancy Apfel, and Allison Master proposed intervention methods to address the problem in 2006. The intervention, a brief in-class writing assignment, significantly improved the grades of African American students and reduced the racial achievement gap by 40%. These results suggest that the racial achievement gap, a major social concern in the United States, could be ameliorated by the use of timely and targeted social-psychological interventions.[17]"

do you really think i'm black and not well educated? or come from a poor family? :funny::funny::funny:
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.