Colts sign Vinatieri

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by DannyC, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

i dont think you can say a kicker is getting old until he hits 40..maybe 38

Gary Anderson and Morten Anderson could prolly still play if they wanted to
    test
  2. Nitsuj™

Nitsuj™ We Are The Resistance

guys, it's a fucking KICKER
    test
  3. wilmer deryou

wilmer deryou New Member

^^ word lol thats wat im saying
    test
  4. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

And as the Colts found out the kicker can make or break your ENTIRE season.

Pats know this already. A kicker in football is essential.
    test
  5. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

Also not surprising to see the rest of the Patriot faithful come in the thread and follow their basic principles.
    test
  6. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

On SC they just said that Dallas had talks with Vanderjagt yesterday.

It's believed Dallas is after him due to their numerous kickers and problems last season, but I really just believe they want him because they want someone to be a bigger idiot in the media than T.O and take some pressure off him.
    test
  7. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

and its no surprise to see u in a NE thread talking shit..

an if you are a NE fan you should follow what the FO does.. fuck all that BS danny said about the whole "In BB we trust" fading out.. tell them suckas to take their asses to another team.. after winning we need to shake off some these bandwagon fans

why should i question BB and Pioli?? the guy has brought us 3 SBs so why question his motives or decisions?? Pioli was Excutive of the yr..
    test
  8. wilmer deryou

wilmer deryou New Member

^^ i know

did we lose brady?

its a kicker...this thread is so big cuz people want the patriots to collaspe and fall..wont happen until that tom brady character retires or leaves then i'll be pissed
    test
  9. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

Brady was the one that failed to get points at the end of those games and DEPENDED on that kicker.

"its just a kicker"

yeah... and it's just 3 superbowls you wouldn't have won without him.
    test
  10. toker

^^^^^
    im still waiting for u to respond.. more than likely youll ignore this just like u do everytime somebody humiliates you..

this still cracks me up though
    god damn your stupid

not only are u fucking retarded, you suck at lying

so i went ahead and found several scounting reports yetu didnt respond.. go figure

anyways here they are again

1st report
    Analysis
    STRENGTHS: Size, Escapability, Toughness
    WEAKNESSES: Mechanics, Decision Making
    NFL COMPARISON: Marc Bulger, Rams
    Cutler and Bulger have similar builds. They both also have good arms, but their gunslinger's mentality leads them to make their share of throws they shouldn't. Neither are outstanding runners, but show good presence and manuverability in the pocket.

SCOUTING REPORT: Cutler has the tools to play at the next level. His college production and track record are more difficult to evaluate than that of other top QB prospects because he did not have a great supporting cast. His physical skills however, speak for themselves. He has great size and is a strong player. He has a good muscle base and an tall frame. Mechanically, he has to work on a couple things. He holds the ball low on his drop back (chest-level) and his release needs to be rasied as well. Cutler has had more passes batted down than he should and that can be attributed to his release. Holding the ball low on dropbacks as well as dropping it to his hip when rushed exposes it to rushers and also causes wasted motion in his throws. He has good natural arm strength and can throw the ball from many different angles. His passes have good zip and he can fit the ball into tough spots. He has the arm to drive the ball downfield, but his deep balls tend to hang and flutter too much. In general, he must do a better job of setting his feet and really driving the ball on all his passes. His footwork in the pocket though, is very good. He shows good ability to feel the rush and slide around it. He can make plays with his feet and while he isn't blazingly fast, he is difficult to sack. He can throw on the run, but will make some questionable decisions when flushed outside the pocket. He must learn to live to play another down. Accuracy wise he is solid and getting better with time. He throws the ball particularly well on crossing routes as he leads his receivers and allows them to make plays after the catch. Going along with that though is anticipation. Cutler must learn to anticipate and time routes better rather than waiting for his receivers to break and then releasing the ball. Part of his turnover problems are due to him staring down his first read for too long and releasing the ball late. As he progresses, he must learn to manipulate the defense with his eyes and come off to his check downs quicker. As a field general, Cutler has had to be the leader and the main man on some undermatched teams. He is a player with high character and high football I.Q. which bodes well for his future.

2nd one-
    Negatives: Occasional overconfidence with arm strength can lead to gambles that backfire. ... Has some work to do on overall mechanics and getting rid of the ball quicker. ... Wasn't tremendously accurate during Combine throwing drills.

3rd one-Weaknesses:
    Mechanics will get pretty dodgy at times.. Footwork is very eratic.. Will take unnecessary risks and make some bad decisions.. His gunslinging mentality can morph into recklessness.. Has too much confidence in his arm at times.. struggles throwing the deep ball.. hasnt had alot of success at the college level from a team perspective.. Body has taken alot of punishment throughout his career..
    test
  11. wilmer deryou

wilmer deryou New Member

^^ cuz vinateri is the only human in the world that knows how to kick
    test
  12. toker

^^^ dillion just redid or restructured his contract.. saved us about 2.3 mil in this yrs cap

that puts us around 25 mil under.. BB is up to something
    test
  13. Stab_Masta_Arson

Stab_Masta_Arson New Member

i very fucking angry about this.

the only thing which would kinda make sense is if billicheck and pioli see a kicker in the draft they want, and even then its a dumb move theyre like 20 mil under the cap.

and even though statistically theres probably better guys but theres still no other kicker id rather have and the pats can afford him, this is bullshit, i can understand givens and mcginest and free agency was crazy in the nfl this year, but still kickers dont even make that much...
    test
  14. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

he gets the bad mechanics wrap from some due to his gunslinger acts...

they don't evaluate why he does what he does. He has no fucking choice.
    test
  15. toker

^^^ lmao

the excuses never end with you do they??
    test
  16. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

yeah it sucks. they shoulda kept him.

there isnt anyone in the nfl who can kick in new england/bad weather like vinateri.

but they have major cap room. maybe they can sign some defence and one or two offencive weapons that way they can score more pts and wont need the kicks.

who knows but im sure they'll adjust appropriately
    test
  17. double ML

double ML Guest

this shit cracked me up[funny]

patriots will never do shit again anytime soon

the man that won 3 superbowls for them is gone, to one of their biggest postseason rivals at that

bwahahahahaha[funny]

dolphins= 06-07 AFC east champions[stubby]
    test
  18. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

You know something's fucked up when Rich has the most sense out of all the Pats fans.
    test
  19. toker

remind me again what the dolphis have done in your lifetime??

nothing but letdowns .. sorta like dan marinos last game

now thats funny
    test
  20. toker

right cus we should flip out and act like the world is gonna end lol

gotta love these fans from other teams that blown things outta proportion

what has overspending got the redskins??

now compare that to the eagle, patriots, and steelers who stick to their gamplan and wait instead of throwing around cash at every FA
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.