colonialism: why are blacks so ungrateful?

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by teq the decider, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teq the decider

teq the decider sexual predator

the european conquest of africa raised the living standards of the average african far higher than they had been prior and far beyond what they could ever have accomplished on their own. Indeed, the current plight of africa, almost always portrayed as the legacy of colonialism, is in truth the legacy of african independance. If the former colonies were still under european rule there is little doubt that there would not be the same poverty and violence that today plauges africa.

Its time for blacks to say thank you.
    test
  2. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

I know you mean this as a joke. I actually found it hilarious when I read the title. However, for the sake of those who don't get it and take it serious, might I remind you all that Africa is the wealthiest continent in the world if you think of the diamonds and the gold and the gems that God seemingly saw fit to burry there. [dunno] It's what attracted y'all Europeans.

Had y'all not been such vile people (or as Ghet calls it, the armpit of civilization) then those who inherited that "land of the blacks" or Alkelbu-lan as it is called would also be the possessors of that wealth.

Also, keep in mind (again, for those who have a nominal understanding of the history of colonialism) that many of the "civil" unrest in Africa has been by design by outsiders. It's easier to redraw lines in the sand and convince brothers that they are enemies and have them kill each other, rather than try to kill them yourself. Oddly enough, this is a principle completely lost on the leadership of the current European regime: England and the U.S.

In other words, if Europeans didn't steal the legacy of Africans, then you're right. I wouldn't be the priviledged African American that I am today.

But then again, what the fuck would America be but a big ass forest full of nothing? Africa would be the SHIT. Cars would be made in plants in Ghana. The wealthiest man would STILL be Africans. Bill Gatesama or someshit. Blue Bloods wouldn't be shit, it would be all about the Zulus and the Hotentots because they'd control the diamond trade. Rappers would be rocking shit they dug up in Arizona on their chains.

And the Egyptian Mystery Systems would never have been bastardized into the Rosicrucians, the Scottish Rite Masons or the Skull & Bones. It would still be Melchezidek; we'd really know why Jesus was the Annointed, there would be no King James Version, it would just be the Bible...

And civilization would have probably moved along much faster than it has because it would have remained in the custody of those to whom it was rightfully given.

We'd all have been better off if y'all could have just left shit the way it was supposed to be.
    test
  3. identity-X

identity-X No Talent Assclown

teq must've forgot that part.

and it's laughable that he uses the phrase "living standards" as if there is if standards are universal.

close thread
    test
  4. Dark_Sun

Dark_Sun Phantom of the Forums

I'm rolling with NisLaniF on this one.
    test
  5. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

I found this part interesting. Melchizedek was the one who blessed Abraham in the name of El Elyon (YHWH). He was the King of Salem (now Jerusalem) when Abraham arrived from Ur. Both Jews and Muslims stem from Ishmael and Isaac (sons of Abraham) and the fact that Salaam and Shalom stem from Salem indicates that Abraham was not the originator of the Monotheistic God, and that he simply adopted it.

This shows that Judaism, Christianity AND Islam are all religions based off a borrowed belief system. Abraham didn't bring YHWH out of Ur with him. YHWH was already being worshiped by Melchizedek (who was called "A Priest Forever") who was the ruler of Salem in a period of time where Palestine was part of Ancient Egypt (which ultimately means that the King Melchizedek would have had to be the Pharaoh of Egypt, for there was no other King in Ancient Egypt aside from Pharaoh.

As far as the Bible goes . . . there would be no Bible if Hebrews hadn't written it and if the true history were taught, there would be no Jesus who walked on water, raised people from the dead and was immaculately conceived. There would be Yeshua Ben Panthera (Joshua son of Panther), who was not Black because his blood father was a Roman Soldier. Jesus would not be "God, The Son" . . . he would be a Wisdom Teacher in Judea.

History would be very much different in many different ways if Greeks and Romans who eventually became Europeans had kept their sorry asses out of the lands of the other people.

The Anointed (Mashiach) was the title of the Pharaoh in Ancient Egypt. The Pharaoh (upon becoming Pharaoh) was Anointed with oil on the top of his head by the Priests of Amun Ra. (The word Amen stems from this). Jesus was never Anointed as Pharaoh because Jesus never actually existed. Yeshua was never Anointed as Pharaoh because Yeshua was the illegitimate son of a Roman Centurian. The King Messiah has not yet come and Christians need to stop lying to themselves. When he makes himself known, the entire world will know it.

Side Note: If Europeans (who are actually Romans who were actually Greeks) had not done what they did, you would not be a Christian, Kashta. Do you know what belief system your family would be living? Which tribe does your family come from?
    test
  6. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

To be sure, I still think Teq was just trying to be funny. I just wanted to go on the record with at least some semblance of truth for those who would come in and read teq as stating fact and not satire...
    test
  7. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

this is true

most of africa still lives like its the year 600 BC

and it was primarily cuz they couldnt defend against attackers, or the attackers diseases which they were immune to

survival of the fittest, its a great concept
    test
  8. teq the decider

Natural resources are not wealth. They merely have the potential to become wealth when combined with human ingenuity. Petroleum for instance is commonly reffered to as 'black gold' but the literal translation of the term is rock liquid. Two hundred years ago it was but the bane of well diggers and considered almost completely worthless, and yet today this is the substance which the less agile minded among us insist is the motivation behind every war on the planet. It was only when men learned to harness it that it found value.

If europeans had never stepped foot in africa the bulk of that 'wealth' would be lying dormant underground and the africans would be running around killing each other much like they do today. It should be obvious that the quantity of the natural resources a nation has is largely irrelevant in determining the wealth of that nation. Youve already pointed out that africa's resources dwarfed those of europe yet the europeans rolled over african resistance with consumate ease thanks to the superiority of their technology. Similarly many asian nations which only a few decades ago were even poorer than africa have leaped ahead without the aid of massive reserves of natural resources.

This is black nationalist revisionism. The utopian vision of "mother africa" is a fiction designed to absolve blacks of their responsibilty for their current predicament, both in africa and the west. How feasible is that white invaders could come - enslaving, stealing and killing as they did - and turn brothers in arms against each other? the colonialists didnt create any new antagonisms between the peoples of africa. They simply exploited those which already existed. If there was any truth in your imagined picture of pre-colonial africa then ethiopia, which was never colonialised, would presumably still be the heaven on earth you assure us africa once was.

Europe didnt still africa's legacy. It is now what is was then. A backward continet ravaged by war and disease. What europe gave africa is access to greater technology, 100's of years of european knowledge and institutions of law and commerce, which if adhered to following independance, would have made africa a far more prosperous continent than it is today. Hong kong is a fantasic example of this.

As ive already alluded to, if natural resources were truely the most significant factor in determining a nations wealth then europe would never have been able to conquer africa. America's current wealth has nothing to do with natural resources - it is relatively resource poor - it is to do with taking european insitutions and not just adhering to them but enhancing them. The secret of americas wealth lies more in the constituion than anything else.

How the fuck do you imagine civilisation wouldve moved much faster? African society had been stagnant for over a 1000 years before the europeans arrived on the scene. Africans basically progressed up to the wheel and said 'good enough, lets kill each other'. Africa would be an even worse state today had europe not administered a dose of modern thinking, which although it didnt quite take, still took the edges off some of africas worse problems.
    test
  9. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

What Europe did was negative in many ways and it was positive in many ways. Often positive results comes out of negative actions and negative actions can produce positive results.

The one great contribution that Europeans have made to the world is the English language. The English language will be used to unite the world, because it has surpassed all other languages in its ability to define the divisions and it is by defining the divisions that we can communicate our observations of the totality.

There is no point in even discussing "What if" . . . and there is no way of knowing what would be had history taken a different path. History was the way that it was and it could not have been any other way. We cannot alter or change the past. We can only learn from it and use that knowledge to guide our future.
    test
  10. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

I find it laughable that people try to maintain that Africa would have prospered with out European intervention.
    test
  11. Threshhold of intel

Threshhold of intel cleveland is the city...

i believe it would of prospered....and to be honest, if all i knew was my small tribe and we lived off the land, and ran around half naked, my life might be better..a whole lot more simple, and less shit to worry about..and it would probably be alot less evil....

oh yeah and europeans, started fucking up when they invented the gun, and started passing out diseses like penny candies...
    test
  12. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

This believing in shit is way out of control.

Why is everyone into hypothicals? Especially when dealing with history?

Could of. would of. Blah. blah. blah.

Facts: Whites conquered africans. Whites dominated africans. Enslaved africans. African sold africans. harsh diseases and lack of indians (due to slaughtering) basically left Africans with the job of building up america. You were considered a farm tool... Nothing more.

There is way to many rich kids on this site playing noble savages.
    It's dumbfounding honestly. Please, Join a eviromentalist group you hypocrites.

One day without electricity
    One day with Dung burning in your hut as your source of energy.
    And you would be begging for the great satan.

Incase you didn't get the memo...

Indians were tricked, slughtered, simplely put they lost.
    Blacks assimilated, One could argue for reparations.
    that is at least a legitimate argument.

Don't hate, because you weren't crafty enough to keep your kingdoms.

You can't change history with a hypothical, Unless you have a time machine.

Now shut the fuck up.

Learn what is an argument. And what is not an argument.
    It seems rather illogical to debate history with a hypothical.
    test
  13. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

You know, I've discovered your weakness, with this post. There is one main reason why you never get your point across and you will never succeed. I'll give you a hint, I found it in this part:

test
  14. Lets see if Nislanif will address Teq's latter post. From a historical point of view this is when he usually doesnt come back
    test
  15. Sinnykal

Sinnykal all my fallen M.I.P

being that Africans built the pyrimids in like the year 4...and in 2007 they still can't figure out how with no tools...what makes you think if Europe wouldn't have came down there stiring things up that Africa wouldn't be the most powerful country in the world?...White people have been fucking shit up since the begining of time...if they would have left well enough alone the world would be a completly different place all together...so what exactly do we have to be grateful for??...if slavery would have never happen i might be king of some tribe somewhere in Ghana...i am with Threshhold...i would much rather be half naked hunting for food for my family then ducking bullets on Crenshaw...or worrying about if everytime i come to a stop light am i going to get car jacked...or pulled over on some nonsence
    test
  16. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

I'll do you one better; I'll respond to yours.

Prove your empty foredrawn conclusion that from a historical perspective, this is where I usually don't come back.

When you can't prove it, I will prove that you not only always attach yourself to my nuts, but you do it by tagging along to the nuts of anyone who tries to argue with me.

Then when their argument falls apart (like I'm sure teq's will), you backpedal like a muthafucka.

I know: why don't you and teq write a diss rap against me instead. Call it "Two Brits No one Gives a Fuck About"
    test
  17. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

Even if what you say is true (and it isn't. History proves that) then it was wealth before whites showed up when africans used diamonds and gold in jewels and adornment and as the denotation of royalty. If it was NOT valuable (along with a WEALTH of other resources, like PEOPLE) then you people would have kept your uncivilized asses in Europe and not been drawn to the "dark continent" in the first place.
    But that's not even what they were doing when europeans "found" them. Diamonds and gold were not dormant, they were bing used then for the same thing they are used for now. Pyramid excavations prove that. Your average third grader knows that.
    Or inherent evil of those that showed up. Case in point: I own a gun. You own a gun. I like guns, so I have one. You are inherently an evil person and don't have the resources I have to generate funds. You use your gun to rob me, knowing it's not in me to shoot you.

Or better yet: You have no technology. Africans have technology. Relatively recent (few thousand years or so) exiles of africa populate Asia. THEY have technology. Our technology in Africa built pyramids. Asia invented gun powder. You're useless, but you manage to get the gun powder and steal all of Africa. Smart, though it may be, that is evil. And that Technology is not tantamount to the technology of the pyramids and their arangement and the ability to map the stars. It's a fucking explosive. Hell, some shit explodes automatically when introduced to water.

You see fit to use technology to destroy. Africans saw fit to use technology to explore and create. Zero sum game versus the circle of life, but I don't expect you to even be capable of understanding what that means.
    Because you didn't steal them and invade their nations to cause civil unrest. That was and remains to be a direct purpose of many European nations INCLUDING the two of ours: the UK and America. It's easy to thrive when no one's ass fucking you. That is why people consider African Americans the most progressive of the African people because of our strides in spite of you.
    True, it is a fiction but be careful not to confuse me with those revisionists who have about as limited an education on Africa as you do on everything. I know what I'm talking about.

To be sure, there is a revisionist group of "afrocentrics". In college, they were the people who changed their names, wore dashikis and played west african drumbs incorrectly, having no idea what any of it meant. They just tried to be deep. They had incorrect presumptions of what Africa was/is and will remain to do so. Ignorance is Bliss. You should know that better than anyone. It is NOT, however, because these people want to absolve blacks of the responsibility of their current predicament both in Africa and in the West. It is simply because true knowledge on Africa is not so widely known.
    test
  18. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

First and foremost, to be technically sound, "Africa" does not, nor has it ever existed.

Come talk to me when you learn about Alkebu-lan...
    Uh...ever looked at the news lately?
    Nice try. There need not have already been antagonists for there to have existed "differences". They exploited the "differences".
    ...their...
    Oh, so now I said Africa was heaven on earth? Shangri La? You forget, I'm Christian. I believe the Garden of Eden was (and still is) in what you people have named "Africa". When that first triflin' female offered Adam that forbidden fruit, so went any chance of "Africa" being a heaven on earth. All I said is it would have been better had y'all left it alone, America would have been a fucking forest, and you people would have been still eating shit and dying. Plus, my dick would be 13 inches, not 8, but I won't hold it against you. I'd much rather hold my dick against your mom.

And as for the idea of Ethiopia not being colonialised, one would have to presume that it takes traditional physical colonialisation to lead to mental slavery. I won't get into that here because any proof I give you would go over your head, or you would deny facts and history in order to remain in your comfort zone of disbelief. What I therefore WILL tell you is that if you take Europes raping and stealing of the legacy of the REST of Alkebu-lan out of the equation, Ethiopia (bka Ta-Nehisi) would have thrived long past what they have.
    This is almost entirely too stupid to respond to. I will turn to my brothers and speak three degrees so that they can know the answer to this one as well. You will not know what that means.

But to you I will say this: YOUR great thinkers and philosophers - philosophy being literally defined as "love of knowledge" - actually have admitted in writing throughout antiquity to having stolen it from Ta-Nehisi and Tama-Re (read: N. Africa). That is known, documented, signed sealed and delivered to you in well bound text books. Had you ever gone to school, you might be privy to such information before you insisted on sounding so colonialised yourself.
    1. If I have a house full of diamonds and a patent on a new music player/cell phone/quisinart, I'm wealthy. Likely, I have about 200 billion dollars. If you have a cheap gun and a u-haul worth a smacking 200 bucks, then I have a shitload of natural resources and technology until you point the gun at my face.

Resources does not allow a man to steal; savagery and a complete disbelief and disregard to civility, principle and law do that.
    Learn history. Not a shitload of history, just go to a fucking public library. Ask a 9 year old to guide you when you get there. Even he should be able to tell you more about Africa than you exibit to know...
    test
  19. teq the decider

This only proves my point. The africans were cobbling together crude little freindship bracelets out of materials which they, if they had the neccesary knowledge, could have been excavating and trading with cultures that valued those materials more highly in exchange for the multitude of things that african society lacked

I said the bulk of it would be laying dormant.

You offer two possible counter hypothesis to my claim that the europeans bested the africans thanks to superior technology. So silly these are that I only have to summarise them to refute them

theory one: The europeans and africans were actually of equal technological standing but the europeans prevailed thanks to possessing greater 'evil'

theory two: The africans were actually of considerably higher technological capability than the europeans except somehow europeans 'steal' gunpowder from the more technically advanced asians and use it to defeat the still more advanced africans. Perhaps these two feats being accomplished thanks to greater 'evil', though this is not explicitly stated in this theory

WHAT? asia was never colonialised? this just proved how ignorant you are.

By the way I dont know who it is that considers african americans the most progressive of african people. It certainly isnt the africans themselves.

I find it positively delicious that immediately after claiming that asia was never colonialised you go on to berate me for my ignorance. And perhaps my confusing you with a revisionist owes to you repeatedley making bizarre claims that africa was as rich and technologically advanced as europe(perhaps more so) and that the only reason europeans prevailed in africa is through either possessing 'greater evil' or a singular scientific advantage which somehow managed to overwhelm all the alledged advantages of the africans.

So essentially your argument is "the europeans are responsbile for the poor state of africa, just look at the the poor state of africa"

Let us for the moment set aside that you offer no support for your claim of any kind, that it is contradicted by the historical record and once again, in spite of your claims not to be an afrocentric revisionist, implies that africa was a paradise free of hate and bloodshed before the europeans arrived.

No lets ignore all those things and just examine how it fits within your own argument. How can the africans be the supposed cultural, moral and scientific superior of the europeans and yet at the same time be so profoundly and easily mainpulated by a group of people who you have insisited were but a bunch of knuckle dragging cavemen in comparison?

test
  20. teq the decider

and how was this telekinetic slavery acheived? no dont tell me, greater evil. You are becoming increasingly more ludicrous

No-one disputes that at one point africa housed what can be said to be one of the great civilisations. Unfortunately that civilisation decayed and was surpassed by the europeans and others long before the colonialists set foot in africa.

Why do you keep reiterating this nonsense even after I have shredded it to pieces multiple times?

Translation of the above: I have no counter argument

It has been partly amusing but also partly sad to see your twisting yourself into knots in attempting to hold onto an untenable position. I know this fabrication of history has been woven into your self image but save yourself the stress of having to live a life in revolt against reality. Just say thank you
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.