Coinsidences..do they exist..what are they exactly

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Apr 11, 2013.

1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Are they logical? Are they a made up concept to explain stuff we cant explain?

and if they dont exist..what are the ramifications.
    test
  2. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

test
  3. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

This.

I just wanted to add to it my flatmate has freaky magic powers. One night he was talking about his cat he missed, went outside, and a neighbor gives him a cat. Or he goes out to the store to buy some bread, and comes back with a functioning breadmaker from the dumpster.

It's coincidence, doesn't mean anything. But my lower cortex is saying it's magic.
    test
  4. Put it in my Mouth

Put it in my Mouth member

Is it a coincidence that the same day I called alice a gov't computer software program designed to spew an overwhelming number of irrelevant information in order to keep us numb in the matrix that my computer crashed & also some1 reset my fb password, I couldn't even log in via the app until I got home & reset.
    test
  5. AliceHouse

Um... yes?
    test
  6. Put it in my Mouth

test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

I don't think they exist. I think theres a reason things happen.

the ramifications? well unless you can read the sign and understand what you were supposed to understand then absolutely no difference to that person. But if you could understand the lesson or whatever, then the ramifications are simply neato and glorious
    test
  8. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

not only are they logical, it's actually illogical to suggest they don't exist because in doing so you must assert that unlikely events are not only improbable but impossible, which is an irrational misinterpretation of the very probability which renders them unlikely in the first place.

a simple example would be suppose you meet a girl at a bar, and then the next day you happen to meet her again in a grocery store. in most cases that won't happen, but that only makes the event improbable. to suggest it's impossible is to suggest that no matter how many times a person meets someone in a bar, they will never run into that person again the next day in another location. that's not logical. naturally there will always be a possibility that such a thing would happen. and so long as that possibility exists it is inevitable that coincidences will sometimes occur.
    test
  9. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

Imo, there are no coincidences!

Coincidence is simply due to a lack of information. Everything that has happened has its reason or cause.
    test
  10. AliceHouse

Nothing happens for a reason. 'Reasons' are what humans make up so they can make sense of things.
    test
  11. Put it in my Mouth

Can I see your pony boobs
    test
  12. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

Even if we can't make sense of things yet (!), that's not merit enough to say coincidences exist.
    test
  13. dodson495

dodson495 Life is Good

this is getting deep *eats popcorn
    test
  14. AliceHouse

Couldn't we apply that logic to say that leprechauns also exist?
    test
  15. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

the point is that we can make sense of coincidences. they are a statistical inevitability. unless you have a better model to explain them, there's no merit to the claim that they don't exist.
    test