Clean Bulking Question

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by XxLiLBuRnAxX, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

Rant on

Im sick of these guys at my gym that always criticize me for drinking beer and going to mcdonalds. Telling me I cant do that...drinking a few beers completely ruins the entire days workout..mcdonalds will kill your workout blah blah...thats why im built like a linebacker and you are built like a damn field goal kicker you little shit

so to all of you who feel the need to criticize those of us who have the ability to eat pizza without it killing our delicate calorie counting workout lifestyle then you go ahead and do that but please for the love of god shut the hell up. I know weightlifting is all about friends and helping each other etc but damn....Realize that not EVERYONE who lifts weights does it to be completely healthy. There is no reason what so ever to ever lift 200lbs off of a bench press to simply do some light weight training for a healthy balanced lifestyle. Some of us lift to get bigger, and to get bigger you must eat and eat plenty and lift heavy..and for those of us who cant eat 4000 calories worth of chicken and tuna then we eat burgers and pizza to replace a few of them meals ok? understand? good...

So if i lift and then go get a burger instead of a chicken salad then there is a reason for it ok...I dont need to hear it from you. Plus don't criticize people who are bigger than you are...there is a reason they are bigger than you are and 9 times outta 10 its NOT the fact that they have better genetics...

Plus I have a book that has a bunch of sample diet plans for healthy eating. I almost died when I saw just how much food was required to reach simply 2500 calories each fish chicken rice and salad all day. I would LOVE to see these ppl's grocery bills and their actual lives and jobs that allow them to eat that much every single day. I would love to meet someone who cleanly eats 3500-4000 calories a day to bulk up. I want to shake your hand.

I doubt anyones gonna read all that lol I dont care but if you are one of those ppl then please shut up you skinny little bastard I know what Im doing [up]

/rant
    test
  2. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

I've done both. I don't want to get super huge but when I do bulk I try not to hit fast food joints. Just eat a lot of spaghetti and pastas, but I wont lie, I don't see much wrong with eating burgers here and there. If you're trying to bulk, you need to take in tons of calories and carbs.

Some people just think that going to the gym=trying to lose weight.
    test
  3. Snik Diesel

Snik Diesel Hey there buddy!

A rant isn't a question. I'm not expert but look

Why would you need to eat 3500-4000 calories? Practically NOBODY has to do that.

If you find your RMR (Resting Metabolic Rate) and add 500 calories to that, you should be gaining just fine and can slowly add calories as you hit a wall.

I'm 6' 197 right now and my RMR is around 2100 calories, so I add 500.. thats about 2600ish.

Put it this way Mr. linebacker, if you were 20 years old, 6' 5" and 290 pounds you're average RMR would be right around 2800. No fucking way you that big. I'd guess you have a high body fat percentage and/or enjoy high cholesterol.
    test
  4. XxLiLBuRnAxX

Actually i have a low body fat percentage and pretty high blood pressure but thats due to my genetics not all from the food I eat.

For an ectomorph such as myself eating 2600 calories a day will NOT gain me weight. Want to know why? Because my body dissolves everything i give it because I was designed to be skinny. So for someone with my body composition I have to eat a lot more than someone with a normal metabolism. I know from A) scientific studies that tell you that, and B) personal experience. Research google and find a few of the average calorie counters that you can plug your weight into and plug in your target weight. For someone with a normal metabolism I need to eat 3000 calories a day to gain 1lb a week. Now factor in the fact that Im an extreme ectomorph with a metabolism that supermodels would murder for, i add 500 more calories to that in order to gain weight. And its working fine. For awhile I even got to the point where I would measure my calorie intake to see how much I was eating. Even eating 3000 calories a day I didn't gain a single pound in a month. Even someone who never got out of bed and ate that much would at least gain a pound after a month, thats the type of body comp I have.

And no I am far from 6'5 290lbs I would hate to be that size I pay enough for food as it is...

And plus I know its not a question I started out writing a question then someone rubbed me the wrong way and I started ranting and then realized I couldnt edit the title of the thread.

But thats the kind of thing Im talking about. Kudos to you though for trying to at least help me out (as well as prove me wrong in the process)...but you are discussing it with me because I brought fourth the discussion. I have people who say exactly what you just said to me out of nowhere...That is what pisses me off, it was only fun explaining this to them for about a month then it got really old really fast.
    test
  5. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

lol...what's wrong with being 6'5 290...you know how hard it is to retain muscle while cutting to this size?
    test
  6. Snik Diesel

Snik Diesel Hey there buddy!

Naa. I'm not trying to be a dick. You gotta try stuff to see what works. But 3-4k is a lot of calories. Again, I'm not an nutritionist just kinda tossing out somewhat relevant information.

If your plan works for you, then go with it. I wouldn't tell anyone in the gym what to do. I'm not an expert, I just know enough basics to make progress.

I notice when I eat greasy food it makes my skin oily and it makes me feel lethargic. If I ate say pizza or a fast food burger, I'd feel like I was eating dead calories. Like a cheat meal basically.

Although I eat a lot of chicken breast. Some things that may surprise you are a turkey burgers and cod fillets. CostCo has some nice fillets that are 35g protein.

An interesting combo for a quick homemade shake that tastes damn good: couple scoops protein, some milk or water, 1-2 teaspon peanut butter, banana and blend that shit. I just try to keep it interesting because the same shit becomes boring after awhile.
    test
  7. Pistol Petee

Pistol Petee Pussy Eater

thats the beauty of bulking...you could eat anything...but if your one of those skinny fat persons clean bulking is what you should be doing
    test
  8. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

worst advice I've ever heard. eat anything. because clearly only skinny fat people would clean bulk.

I swear this is why I don't post in this section for long periods of time.
    test
  9. Snikka

Did I say something was WRONG with it?
    test
  10. XxLiLBuRnAxX

I think alotta people are ignorant about what it actually takes to gain size and muscle mass. Thats why i posted a thread before about ppl who are new to weightlifting and try to stick to a pure chicken and tuna and rice diet which never lasts longer than a week or so.

Oh well most learn really fast that you dont have to eat like that. Those who dont learn are usually the skinny guys with the wife beaters on in the gym who are cut as hell but weigh about a much as a 16 year old girl and cant figure out why.
    test
  11. Snikka

There's tons of stuff you can eat. Definately don't NEED to eat pizza or fast food though just to get calories.

Eating shit just makes it harder for you to lose fat later. So why wouldn't you eat cleaner to begin with? Just eat more.

Thats pretty logical / common sense. But then there's tons of information that can break that down also.
    test
  12. XxLiLBuRnAxX

Im not necessarily saying I need to eat pizza to get calories im saying I can sub a meal or so with pizza and it wont hurt me because my metabolism is phenomenal. I cant cook too well so I eat the same shit pretty much all the time and even tho its good...It gets old sometimes so Ill go grab a pizza or some burgers and fries. The calories help towards the bulking and doesnt hurt much else because of my body comp. If I wanted to right now I could have an 8 pack of abs and lose about 15-20lbs damn near by halloween. My body type is awsome for losing weight it just sucks for gaining it.

The majority of my fast food intake is subway. I kinda keep track of my calories now so lets say something happens during the day and i didnt get enough calories for the day then Ill go grab a footlong meatball sub. about 1200 calories there and 45 or so grams of protein thatll fill in the gap I missed. I dont eat pizza or mcdonalds too often but I love having the ability to do so without fuckin anything up. Thats what people dont understand which is why they condemn it.
    test
  13. Snikka

I just meant in general as opposed to individual circumstances. I should have just stayed quiet from the beginning.

It's just the actual nutritional value of certain foods is gonna be better than others when bulking. That's all I'm saying.
    test
  14. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

lol@ eating 2600 calories.
    test
  15. Snikka

I don't measure what I eat.. I honestly have no idea how many calories I eat. I just eat a lot cleanly, 5-7 meals usually.

So really that's not entirely accurate.

If I did a run down of an average day of my diet I wouldn't doubt its well over that. That was purely for example.
    test
  16. Snikka

And realistically it's pretty accurate, because your RMR on average is basically what you need just to sustain.. So if you add 500 to that, should put you where you need to be.
    test
  17. LiveFromThe781

i dont think its possibly to gain on anything under 3500. im nearly 21, 6ft and have a very fast metabolism so in my instance i need 5-6,000 daily. i can get a garaunteed 5,600 from 2gals of milk anyway. of course you have to cater to your own metabolic needs but i really dont think its possible to make muscular gains past average on that setting of calories. you cant judge your entire diet based of some paper protocol that gives no leeway towards other variables. youre better of using your hunger and mirror as an indicator.
    test
  18. LiveFromThe781

people generally just getting into the health thing who take a no games approach will have a locked in diet and assume you HAVE to have it. in some cases it may be true, like for people who gain fat easier. but i remember when i first got into this and saw some guys at the beach eating ice cream who were bigger than me and i was all pissed cause i had with me was some george foreman grilled chicken and italian dressing. i dropped that mentality real quick though. basically youre gonna learn one way or the other for what works and what doesnt. that includes what you can and cant get away with.
    test
  19. XxLiLBuRnAxX

The simple fact that everyone has a different body comp is what so many ppl dont get. I know the feeling from seeing huge ass guys eatin pizza and drinkin beer shit while I was running around eatin nothing but tuna all day. Now I figured out what the hell the problem was and it works. Some ppl can get away with bulking up at 2600 calories. Some ppl need 4000, some need 5000. Its all relative to you personally. I honestly believe that anyone who says otherwise isn't an ectomorph and has no idea how we are besides what they briefly read on the internet. if you can bulk up and gain 1lb a week eating 2600 calories a day then you are not an ectomorph by any means. We are much much different. If everyone was an ectomorph like me and Live then I guarantee you weightlifting wouldnt be half as popular as it is now. It is ridiculously hard for us to pursue this lifestyle...much more difficult than many believe.
    test
  20. Snikka

The mirror / scale approach is my method of choice generally. I just never gauge accurately my exact caloric intake. I really just kinda eat instead of making it a science which has worked for me. I'd just be surprised if I was eating more than 3000 cal.. it's very possible though and likely based on the volume.

I think I may try adding on top of what I'm doing now and see if I gain quicker without adding too much fat. I like to stay within 8-14%, which is pretty much an athletic range.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.