CL vs Wird Of Pley has 44k views in a week. WTF

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by Louie kang, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *Deuce Wilde*

*Deuce Wilde* aka stfu dave

Defending Wird? I can't speak for other posters, but I'm simply fighting against the stupidity of people who view a wider viewership as a bad thing. Has nothing to do with Wird
    test
  2. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

exactly...so all the dope rappers only battle people who buy them views from now on so its only wack rapper Vs dope rapper coz its safe and easy promotion and why wouldnt they do it???

If wack rappers buy views and it benefits GT or whoever else financially why wouldnt they ask them back over someone who is 'dope' but didnt 'hustle his battle' enough??

Once its business its business....

PEACE
    test
  3. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

But that still doesn't work because the dope person is going to attract views on their own merits because they're dope. Just because a wack person gets views doesn't automatically mean that dope people won't get views. That's like saying if Soulja Boy sells a million records then Black Star will never be able to sell a million records because Soulja Boy is wack and Talib Kweli and Mos Def are dope. Your argument is camel's nose/slippery slope and it just doesn't work. One thing doesn't always beget the other. Promoters aren't going to go pick you or I up and give us top tier guys, nor are top tier guys going to want to battle us, just 'cause we buy a bunch of views on battles. Not to mention the fact that just because a bunch of people view it doesn't mean all those people are going to like it. You're implying that having a bunch of people see a wack emcee means that those people will only like wack emcees. It just doesn't work that way and I have no idea why you can't see that. If I show a bunch a hundred million people Manos: The Hands of Fate as an example of cinema I can guarantee you almost every single one of them is going to not think to themselves "That's cinema? AWESOME! I only want to see movies like that!" In fact, 99.9999999% of them are going to want to slit their wrists or walk the fuck out. It's the same thing with battles. People aren't going to like something that's terrible just because they're exposed to it.
    test
  4. Oneduh

Oneduh Digital Scale Ent.

Even bigname vs. bigname battles.. Alot of those there's money up.. or people are just flat out being paid to perform.. Why not put part of that bread towards making sure top tier battles don't get 40k views..
    test
  5. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

we got VIEWS for cheap holla at me half price PM no bullshit
    test
  6. *Deuce Wilde*

*Deuce Wilde* aka stfu dave

So let me get this straight. You would rather a talented-as-fuck battle rapper showcase his talent for 5,000 people than 1,000,000 if that million was thanks to somebody paying to promote it?
    test
  7. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

Look its been decided...if people want to do it they can...none of us know the future and my argument is only an opinion....we will see wont we, if it leads to battling becoming more competitive and less political or more political and less competitive

PEACE
    test
  8. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

I can totally see where you're coming from and agree that nobody knows what the future holds if this becomes a common element in battling. I still think you're more wrong than the people that made the movie Taboo and its sequels though.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.