CL vs Wird Of Pley has 44k views in a week. WTF

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by Louie kang, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oneduh

Oneduh Digital Scale Ent.

5k minimum tbh..
    test
  2. tha sinner

tha sinner New Member

nevermind then
    test
  3. KingsCourtEnt

KingsCourtEnt Active Member

LOL I just meant we are cool but don't really hang out or anything like that.

Oneduh so am I correct in what you do for views or am I missing something
    test
  4. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

Whaddya want? A tracer and a whois on every IP? All of their names, addresses, social securtiy numbers and daytime and night time phone numbers? Why does he have to prove to you who they are? It's obvious just from looking at the Alexa rating and the bottom of the boards that dude is doing fuck tons of legitimate traffic daily from around the world. Why is it bad that more people could be turned on (Pause) to a particular battler or battling as a whole? I don't know if you realize this but Battle Rap isn't Fight Club. People are allowed to talk about it and tell new people.

Also, the camel's nose argument that you're using is silly at best in my, humble opinion. To say that good talent will have a harder time getting over with the crowd and advancing up the ladder is completely untrue because no matter how many views someone buys, if they're not good then they're not going to get better opponents because the live crowd will shit on it and so, most likely, will the judges. Do you really think if Paranormal (Sorry to use you as an example broski.) bought himself a million views he'd be able to go to Grind Time and battle Illmaculate or The Saurus or go to King of The Dot and battle Pat Stay? There's no way. The crowd wouldn't like that, battle rap fans on the Internet wouldn't like it and the only views it would get after the novelty wore off would be from people making a joke of it. A doesn't always lead to B and then to C.

Honestly, I think this could possibly be a good thing. Not just financially but for battle rap as a whole. You seem to be of the opinion that battle rap is going to go "mainstream" and start sucking or something. I don't think that's the case at all. I do think that instead, having more fans from all over the world of not just individual battlers but entire leagues and battle rap itself. You seem to have forgotten that Hip-Hop isn't an exclusive club, it's a movement. Doin' it big is always a good thing. If KoTD bought themselves a million hits from Oneduh on whatever the next title match is and 30% watched it all the way through. Then of that 30% maybe 15% liked it enough to subscribe to the channel and/or watch all those battlers battles that's 45,000 more people who like battle rap. I don't see why that's a bad thing at all. Because that means more leagues and more battlers. New leagues pop up and the bad ones fail and the good ones prosper. There are leagues all over the world now. I just can't understand why you don't like that. It's not about money. It's about getting the word out letting other people see why we love this so much.

I can absolutely see where you're coming from and to a small degree I'm almost inclined to agree with you when it comes to individual battlers but I don't. Maybe I'm a hopeless optimistic.

People won't watch shitty battles. Only rap nerds who troll Internet forums watch shitty battles (Myself included.) and even then it's just to mock them. Imagine you and I battled in KoTD and we were both horrible. Like, both of us choking (Pause) a round and shitty played lines with no multis and stumbling over every other word. Just stinkin' up the place. Then imagine that I bought 45k views on that battle. Do you really think Organik would invite either one of us back? Do you think the crowd would react positively to it live if he did? If so then I find your lack of faith disturbing.
    test
  5. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

If you look at the broader picture....people is complaining about 'too many weak battles posted' and stuff like that and while quality has been dispersed (its still there) GT overall has been getting MORE views....

So to tie this in with 'buying views' over buying promotion, weaker battlers and 'fame seekers' and more dilution has a potential to creep in...its new now, most of us only just heard about it, obviously its catching on and more people are becoming aware of it and it wont be long before its something everyone has to do to keep their 'numbers' right.....

I'll concede tho that its a personal opinion and it seems there's nothing anyone can get in trouble for and if they wanna do it they can.....

If people are buying views and they are wack, but because of it they are more likely to pop up in searches and be representations, thats not a good thing....for broke muthafuckas with no backing who happen to be dope and rely on sole sponsorship of GT paying for flights and whatnot how they gone compete views wise with rich kid from the burbs putting up a g-note making GT more 'money' and getting GT 'legitimate exposure' than the broke dude who relying on blogs, word of mouth and forums...

Views are considered as 'exposure' and if we assume all the views are real then the rapper getting GT as a whole more 'exposure' automatically becomes of greater value....skill level goes out the window to a certain point as (battle at a college party and see what the 'reaction' is to) it becomes about 'value' as in general with the music biz, polished and perfected not raw undiluted and ground roots....

Aiight I think my opinion is pretty clear.....its a lonely one, not a very important one, but one I tried to articulate, word...

PEACE
    test
  6. Mistake

Mistake Dougie Darko

i could care less about views

Btw i have not got around to watching this battle yet.. I dunno who cl is.. And ive seen one wird of pley battle before..

Do u cunts really even check for view counts before watching??

I see a rappers name and think i will check this out.. If im not enjoying it i turn it the fuck off.. U should try it.. Not being obsesive That is u borderline pole smokers
    Biotch! You wish you had a phone like mine...
    test
  7. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

WirdofPley: SYKE. That's the wrong number!
    test
  8. YouTubePromo

YouTubePromo New Member

So who's David Brunet?

Placing an order then immediately disputing, how sad.

Trolling on the next level.
    test
  9. YouTubePromo

YouTubePromo New Member

It's not about the actual view count, it's about the visitors those views are accounted for.
    test
  10. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

I think there are just a lot of people who think that battle rap is /b/ or something. "OH NOES! U R BRAKING ROOLS 1 nd 2!"

Get over it. New fans to battle rap is always a good thing. New fans means new battlers and leagues. The argument about there being more "low end" or "mediocre" battles is stupid too. It takes people time to find their groove and excel as an MC if they're going to at all. I'd be almost be willing to bet the entire contents of my pay-pal account that your favorite battler wasn't OMFGAWESOME the very first time they ever battled or even the second or third time. Give it time and the cream will rise to the top and we'll have even more top tier battlers.
    test
  11. *Deuce Wilde*

*Deuce Wilde* aka stfu dave

Unless you're a hipster, I don't see why any battle rap fan could possibly be against battle rap getting exposed to more people across the world
    test
  12. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

That's what I've been saying. All that stuff about about it getting watered down and promotions just giving people who'll buy a bunch of views instead of good battlers is just a red herring.
    test
  13. SiFu

Time will tell I guess...should bookmark the thread and see how it turns out.....

My money is on more watered down product, bigger egos, more intense politics and battle 'choosing' process' and alienation of the core fanbase etc etc

Your money is on everyone getting their due shine, being paid, creating the atmosphere for battling to be a big business rewarding battlers and leagues alike!?!? or and I misunderstanding you?

PEACE
    test
  14. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

I think you're just being elitist as fuck and justifying it the best way you can tbh. Do you really think that if I did a GT battle tomorrow and then when it was released, bought a million hits on it that every promoter out there would be throwing me money hand over fist to come battle in their league against their top guys? 'Cause that's what you're implying and I just don't think that's the case. Paranormal could buy himself a trillion hits on his battle against The Brumak tonight and I can guarantee you Lush or Organik or any other promoter would not be emailing him the next day trying to get him a battle with Conceited or Pat Stay or anything like that.
    test
  15. SiFu

Yea but they legitimate hits tho, if the goal is 'promotion of music' and 'getting your name out there' then who cares if your opponent is wack if he's willing to buy you a million views you murder him and take the battle....why not?? Its an easy win and an easy million views, you risk no chance of 'losing' and out of the million people who he bought to watch it, 10k might buy an i-tunes track....OR, face someone dope, who might beat you, who wont buy views etc etc.....the choice becomes easy I think......

If they fake views it makes no difference, but we are saying they are all real people watching.....so battling someone wack or not doesnt factor in what factors in is 'how many people will see it potentially'.....

It becomes like "I think he's wack as fuck, but he getting hits so it makes sense for me to battle him"

It aint about being an elitest at all...its about being people into something and searching it out and then becoming part of it, rather than 'businessmen' trying to profit from it....sure if people are into battle rap they need to know where to find it if they want but again that to me is different than someone buying views outright....

you wont convince me and I wont convince you...like I say we'll see whagwan in time....I aint scared to say I could be wrong, I just dont think I am

PEACE
    test
  16. *Deuce Wilde*

Sifu is just an idiot iah
    test
  17. SiFu

You mad coz I think Tragic is a faggot lmao

PEACE
    test
  18. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

Some of you guys will defend Wird of pley to the death look at you losers
    test
  19. *Deuce Wilde*

Hey dummy. If somebody sucks but he buys 1,000,000 views, and you don't suck... Then why not battle him and destroy him, therefore displaying your talents to 1,000,000 viewers.
    test
  20. *Deuce Wilde*

What lol?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.