CL vs Wird Of Pley has 44k views in a week. WTF

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by Louie kang, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Shitt

Jack Shitt Not "jackshit"

I suppose anything is possible... I don't know anything about the website in question, so I can't really speculate, but the explanation that it didn't get lots of comments because it was embedded on a rap site that people go to for reasons other than battles seems to hold water. It makes sense that they may just click play, watch the battle (or a portion of it) then move on to what they normally do on that site, no?
    test
  2. FINALPOST

FINALPOST New Member

Jack you are either naive as fuck or trolling
    test
  3. SuomiMetal

SuomiMetal \m/

How the fuck do you know? Maybe this is some shit they don't see on an every day basis and found it interesting since they are visiting a hip-hop site, perhaps? Perhaps they aren't completely ignorant to battles but haven't really been exposed to KOTD? Do you know these people? Did you poll them to see how many of them watched it in terms that fit your likely rigorous standards?

Why should he? All that was done from what I've read is that it was posted on the front page of a forum with high traffic. WHAT A FUCKING JACKASS, RIGHT?! What do you have to gain from making Wird look like an asshole? Especially when you barely even have any ground to stand on in the first place. You're just reaching like fuck for anything you can think of to ostracize someone that doesn't even know who you are.

Oh, so you're the one with the unwavering moral compass calibrated by God himself, right? This shall be remembered whenever the battle world faces an impossibly hard decision and desperately needs to be graced with your Godlike ability to always make the right choice.
    test
  4. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

Again... Dumbfoundead vs. Tantrum has over 1 MILLION Views and only 4 THOUSAND comments.

You think they faked those views too?
    test
  5. TradeMark310

TradeMark310 Tunk vs Lux

Dead @ FAGGOTPOST acting like this concerns him.

"This shit is big, man. It really matters, even though I am not involved in any way/shape/form. Whaaaaaaa."

Askin all this "did you ask Ganik?" Motha fucka YOU aint even ask Ganik if you can fight a phantom battle for him! Cause you KNOW that Ganik is straight with it but you would rather bunch your panties up. Gtfoh
    test
  6. FINALPOST

FINALPOST New Member

Jest Chillin what are you talking about where did I say the views were fake?
    test
  7. J.V.L.

J.V.L. Member

Actually, that's now very questionable.
    test
  8. Jack Shitt

Nahh.
    test
  9. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

There are threads on Asian websites with hundreds of comments and responses probably even more in languages we dont understand....

I suppose the Yemeni people would rally around one of their own and WoP is all over some arabic websites!?!?

Its different.....

Eitherway it just shows what the scene is now...a bunch of leeches trying to 'profit', talentless hacks regurgitating played concepts and jumping on any new fade or bandwagon they think will illicit a response, huge annoying ego's thinking someone saying they are 'dope' gives them any extra right at all in anything.....

it aint just this....this is just more exposure....bar trading, verse writing now add view buying

PEACE
    test
  10. Wird of Pley

Wird of Pley I Slice My Own Ham

Hmm, maybe that's the disconnect.

Cuz I could give a fuck how my viewcount stacks up against your debut.

I care how my performance stacked up against CL.

And I'll care how my performance stacks up against Aftershock.

I'm not battling videos, I'm battling my opponent and then putting in as much legwork as possible to get my video seen by as many people as possible.
    test
  11. CamTheWiz

CamTheWiz in real time

I dont see what the big issue is.

Unless I'm missing something, isn't this just like Dumb vs Tantrum getting picked up by that Asian forum site?

Maybe someone has said that already but I don't have time to read this whole thread tbh...
    test
  12. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

Jack said he thought the explanation for the View to Comment ratio seems believable and you called him naive for it. That's insinuating that the views were somehow not legitimate, i.e. faked.

No, it's not. Go look at the View to Comment ratio on most highly viewed videos. Look at hit songs from the past, popular battles, etc.. The views are always much higher than the comments because there's plenty of people who aren't concerned with posting an opinion on every damn video they watch.

Shit.. I watch the vast majority of videos that Drect uploads and I comment on MAYBE 1 every 2 to 3 weeks.

I watch a lot of videos that friends post on their Facebooks.. I almost never comment on them, whether I'm entertained by them or not. This is true of a LOT of people in their video viewing habits and is reflected on damn near every Video Hosting website in existence on the web.
    test
  13. Jack Shitt

It's not a big issue. People are blowing shit well outta proportion. The only fishy thing I've read is the views coming from Yemen, but I'm just taking peoples word for it since I don't know how to tell where views come from.
    test
  14. FINALPOST

FINALPOST New Member

Jest chillin you clearly got no clue what you are talking about when it comes to my post. I have said the views are probably real the people just did not watch it.
    test
  15. Wird of Pley

Wird of Pley I Slice My Own Ham

This battles views from RRT totalled to 25,923. You can view that stat on youtube.

So the battle has so far had 19,700 views that were not from RRT.

Thats 515 less than JVL vs Lucciano Crakk and 521 less than Osa vs Quake, which both were released weeks before ours.

In case anyone wanted to compare...
    test
  16. tha sinner

tha sinner New Member

wanna know why so many views and not enough comments???

cause it was on auto__play
    test
  17. *Deuce Wilde*

*Deuce Wilde* aka stfu dave

I have commented on one, maybe two videos in my entire life. And that was only because a friend posted the videos and asked me to. Otherwise, the thought "hey I enjoyed this video, I'm going to comment on it" never occurred to me.

And lol @ all the people still coming in here appalled at the "situation" who clearly haven't read/comprehended anything since the first page
    test
  18. Zero-D

Zero-D Brilliance Unparalleled

watching battle now...

thought CL was better tbh.
    test
  19. ZeroByDivide

ZeroByDivide gg

I don't really understand the relentless idealism in this thread. The purpose of battling for most MCs is promotion and Wird accomplished that. Was it super effective? It doesn't seem that way, but like Oneduh explained, they're still in a testing period. This basically equates to a shotgun marketing strategy, where the targeted audience is wide and the response rate is low. But regardless of that: these views are legit, and it DID get Wird and KOTD more viewers, some of which may have subscribed to the channel. I suppose the one issue is that a battler's perceived stock rises inorganically. This is the way of the world though... money and connections are going to get you ahead.

As a suggestion, I think it would be wise for Ganik and Oneduh to work out a deal where KOTD gets semi-regular promotion for their videos allowing more battlers to get exposure, and as a result, KOTD as well.
    test
  20. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

You understand that if that's what you really believe.. then it has nothing to do with Oneduh or Wird. It has to do with how Views are tallied by Youtube.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.