CL vs Wird Of Pley has 44k views in a week. WTF

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by Louie kang, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FINALPOST

FINALPOST New Member

smh stop worrying about ron paul and read the thread jack
    test
  2. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

this is all very interesting and i'm glad you are willing to clear things like this up

in the stats for the vid it says it has about
    8.5k from embeds on rrt
    17k from referrals on rrt

i always assumed

embed plays = people watching it while its embadded on the site
    referral plays = people that click the top part of the vid and are brought to youtube from rrt and watch it on the youtube page

thats still 17k people that viewed from the youtube page and none of them left comments?

wirds got more comments on his battle with heem that has 15k views.
    test
  3. J.V.L.

J.V.L. Member

You misinterpret EVERYTHING. Trust me.

I think Wird's got the whole concept of "paying dues" a little convoluted.
    Seeing how many views he got so quick made me slightly interested in battling him. Now that I see its all fake I have no interest in battling him and I'm not even going to battle his bed buddy Cire anymore cause I think they're a couple of fags. lol
    test
  4. Jack Shitt

Jack Shitt Not "jackshit"

Wird's battle got posted on a different rap site and it resulted in him getting lots of views. Is there more to it than that? Cuz I don't see anything wrong with that... hell KOTD used to slap worldstarhiphop's website on our video's for cryin out loud.
    test
  5. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

Thats dope, im all for that happening, I work hard at it but I dont have the resources to do everything I want to help. I follow a bit of what's going on though & I KNOW there are diffrent marketing strategies being thought up & tested all the time with KOTD and their partners. The part about me not paying was responding to the comment that nobody helps. I'm saying that me or any other battler gets more help than we often give credit for, all the work that goes into the battle. Ive spoke to wird a few times, I trust him at his word, pun nintendo, the two thoughts about payment were separate

full respect for helping KOTD reach new and even yemenite audiences
    youre not gonan convince anyone otherwise who has a fishy feeling about THIS battle & its stats though, but they will forget
    test
  6. yayo

yayo Polar Bear LaFlare

OneDuh >

Boss of all Bosses.
    test
  7. FINALPOST

FINALPOST New Member

way way way more to it. you got to read the thread man.
    test
  8. WuTangintheCut

WuTangintheCut Well-Known Member

/thread
    test
  9. *Deuce Wilde*

*Deuce Wilde* aka stfu dave

There are so many fucking idiots in this thread
    test
  10. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

When you factor in the fact that A) Most of the views are people who probably didn't watch the entire video and B) even the ones who DID watch the whole video just may not have commented on it... then the numbers seem completely reasonable.

I think a lot of you have a problem getting your head around the fact that people can watch youtube videos and NOT be compelled to comment. Not everyone looks at the comments and gets into heated ass discussions and arguements leaving 20 comments on a vid.

For example.. Part 1 of Dumbfoundead vs. Tantrum has 1,032,682 Views. It also has 4,395 comments. You know why? Because mad Asians from all over the world watched the video and felt no need to write a comment.

Stop looking for controversy where there is none and let motherfuckers do business that might just enable them to put food on the table doing something they love.
    test
  11. Wird of Pley

Wird of Pley I Slice My Own Ham

There actually isn't more to it though. That's exactly what happened.

Everything else is sensationalism and embellishment.

I got a big site to post my battle by shouting them out. The end.
    test
  12. 315AMMUSIC

315AMMUSIC Well-Known Member

I'll give FINALPOST that in the very least. Understanding how the marketing is done and etc. is a pretty important factor. But I guess from what I see....a lot of people troll here so much its hard to tell if people will support some of these battlers, IMO. So then there's the challenge of trying to spread the word outside of the fan base of the battle rap community. Also, Wird gave a shoutout and dude looked out to help him. I think it was off the strength of support and it helped out his hustle. Thats just me......

And congrads on you getting that support for what you do and I dig you what you're saying.
    test
  13. FINALPOST

FINALPOST New Member

But it doesnt end there since the person you shouted out is t trying to enter a new market that affects others. There can be meaning full discussion about how this product can work and help the battle community not hinder it.
    test
  14. J.V.L.

J.V.L. Member

No you made a trade for views that are often paid for by other clients for example Arsonal and Conceited. Shout outs to anyone who gave that pussy nyammer Arsonal a couple stacks based on his view count to spit some insanely mediocre bars. :funny:
    test
  15. Wird of Pley

Wird of Pley I Slice My Own Ham

I didn't trade for empty views. I shouted out oneduhs site in hopes hed post my battle.

It worked.

Why are you jumping to conclusions? You don't know me bro, and you have no first hand knowledge as to what I did. I've always treated you with respect on here, I find it strange your being so incessant on leaving numerous sideways comments about me in here.
    test
  16. Oneduh

Oneduh Digital Scale Ent.

test
  17. J.V.L.

J.V.L. Member

I don't hate you personally. But I do hate all of the politics and fuckery involved in the battle scene. Now i find out that people are paying for views to up their status. It makes me think this whole scene is a complete joke and makes me want to have nothing to do with it or anyone invloved. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.
    test
  18. Jack Shitt

Jack Shitt Not "jackshit"

Relax J.V... you're takin this shit too seriously.
    test
  19. J.V.L.

J.V.L. Member

Quake and I both had a pretty decent response from our debuts. It would have been nice to see how your KOTD solo debut measured up legitimately.
    test
  20. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

jack shiitttt what do you think of my analysis?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.