CL vs Wird Of Pley has 44k views in a week. WTF

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by Louie kang, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

Lmao

If I was in a battle and got uncharacteristically bodied, and then my no name opponent used this service with THAT battle, i'd be heated

this is gonna make people choose their battles a lot more selectively

no way in hell would I ever risk losing to a no name, knowing that if it works out for the dude, that all he has to do is pay to broadcast it everywhere
    test
  2. mapleleaf

this is just gonna make people not wanna battle anyone whos below them

smh
    test
  3. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

I understand..and i agree that the overall impact was an afterthought when they did it....

But my point is....

How it effects it in the longterm, is not wirds business....

how much it costs, whats guaranteed, whats provided, none of wirds business..He has received benefit from the service, but he does not RUN or OWN the service...

if anything...he made yall aware that this shit exists, and yall can make a judgement on whether its a good look or a bad one...it seems as if its a bad one...lesson learned..

i guess my point is that people are missing the disconnect...Wird received the service for a shout and that should be it..

How its run, how much it costs, impact, all moot....he dont run or own the service..
    test
  4. mapleleaf

im not even saying this is 'wrong' because i think most of wirds views had to be legit
    it was on rrt for a few good days and that board is crazy busy
    seems like it got appropriate views for that
    unless oneduh is faking the views/activity on rrt
    which opens up a whole new can of worms
    because still nobody has explained the no comments thing
    and laxin 'breaking' rm yesterday (and today?) makes me believe this is possible

because with wirds battle the excuse was it was at the top of a big website so it got clicked on a lot. how the fuck does that happen with rapmusic? theres no way laxin put our link at the top of a big forum or somewhere with traffic because there now way in hell it would generate interest/clicks/hits like a video would! so this means rrt's views/stats could very well be faked too!!!! that takes away the excuse that wirds battle got views because it was at the top of RRT and also explains the no comment factor

im on my tinfoil hat shit, youtube's bout to go bat shit
    kotds bout to take their footage for themselves on some kap shit
    test
  5. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

I agree with you, and shouldnt be overlooked tbh..

I can tell you with 100% certainty however (I put my baby niece on it) that none of wirds previous battles were on RRT or received any sort of promo..

This one obv did.
    test
  6. FINALPOST

FINALPOST New Member

No Cire Wird fucked up he did not think of other when he did it. There is no debating about that when someone allows you to battle in your league and become apart of a community you should think about that community. Wird didnt he thought just about himself.

Wird should have been notifying people and asking more question from jump.
    Now going futher if Wird does not use the service its not on him but he made a mistake the first time without learning more information. Or he might have known what was going to haapen but didnt care
    test
  7. Tradish

Tradish illest alive

cire riding hard.
    test
  8. Wird of Pley

Wird of Pley I Slice My Own Ham

There's no questions to ask Final.

I viewed RRT the same way I view rapmusic.com, it's just bigger.

I shouted them out, and got my battle put on there for doing so.

It's extra promo for my battle, the only reason this is a big deal to yall is because of how big the site is and because Oneduh used this as an example of views he can get people that he wants to now charge for.

I never paid for views, and if I did why in the fuck would I shout out the site I paid in the battle? Come on guys, you're just trolling now.

I know I'm fun to troll, but it's pretty fucked up that all of you know I got my battle put up cuz I shouted out his site and are passing it off like I paid him.

Maybe we should look into my closet and investigate the free gear I get from karmaloopcodes for shouting them out too... Lmfao you faggots are just mad I'm better at promoting myself.

Please kill yourselves together.
    test
  9. Wird of Pley

Hows this for a fucking fact.

Oneduh was my "sponsor" for the QP battle. That means HE was going to be PAYING for MY FLIGHT to Cali.

The reason I didn't take that battle is because I knew the views wouldn't justify him paying for it and I didn't want to sour my relationship with Oneduh considering the amount of help he could have provided me with on both a financial and promotional level.

So tell me how the fuck I paid someone who was already going to be a paying sponsor OF MINE.

Lmfao, good lord...
    test
  10. FINALPOST

FINALPOST New Member

Well then you are just wrong period. People in Yemen aint watching your battles. You admitted as much that a lot of people that counted as views probably didnt watch.

People on rapmusic are watching the battle.

When you did it you didn't think about KOTD sponsors battlers or other battle league and how that might affect them. Or you did and you just didnt care. Either way its wrong. But I understand you might not get it since its already readily known you have no moral compass because of things you have done in your past.
    test
  11. Wird of Pley

Final, I don't post on RRT.

I had no way of knowing who posts there. All I knew was it was a large rap site that has often been compared to rapmusic in the past.

How can you fault me for trying to promote my battle?
    test
  12. FINALPOST

FINALPOST New Member

I dont fault you for trying to promote I fault you for not having enough information. You didnt ask enough questions that is all. By you not asking enough questions I feel you put some other people in a bad spot that is all. I think you made a mistake. And now you are trying to defend it with bullshit.

That being said going further the shits not in your hands (unless you use the product again).
    test
  13. Oneduh

Oneduh Digital Scale Ent.

I explained the no comment thing.. The battle was embedded on the index of RRT.. People clicked it, watched, went on to what they originally came on RRT for.. Not alot of planning went into this, but now that we see mistakes like these taking away from the value of the service provided, we're having a script made that will also embed a comment box & like/dislike button on RRT so that those numbers rise along with the views & the views don't look "faked"..

Along with adding the option to geotarget your viewers, so that if you want only US, Canada, etc viewing your battle.. That's the only people the video will be visible for..
    test
  14. 315AMMUSIC

315AMMUSIC Well-Known Member

You know what, I got an idea. All y'all that got a problem with this shit, post up a few battle vids at different places to get some more viewers for those battlers. Help muthafuckas out if you feel they need more views that badly in the so-called "right way" so they don't ruin reps. If Wird of Pley approached any of you guys like "yo, I need you guys to help promote my battle vid for such and such reason", how many of you muthafuckas would do it? If no responds, again.....can you be mad for him doing this?
    test
  15. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

lol @ nobody would help. every single view on all of our battles are made
    from someone promoting us for free, because they want to. Im humbled that some of my footage will get 10k views soon, I never paid a penny for all that work, from avocado, Philly D, & P filming & editing, to the whole staff, photographers, designers etc and every kid who showed their friends on facebook or whatever. Alot of fans, volunteers are crazy active promoting independent MCs, some of who have NO IDEA how to do it themslves

I think if Wird focuses on his own city he will make a big impact on some Big KRIT hometown hero shit. Im still not convinced this wont negatively impact KOTD in some way but I believe WoP had no intention to do that. Shout outs are par for the course. FinalPost is right too IMO, everyone needs to inform themselves before getting into these agreements
    test
  16. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

wird of pley yemen tour fall 2011
    test
  17. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

youre thinking too small, he can hit the whole Eastern Spice Route
    test
  18. Grandiose

Grandiose five large

maaaan fuck Wird of Pley this shit is GAY as HELL like who does that, really???

i say ban this lame from any future battles
    test
  19. Oneduh

Oneduh Digital Scale Ent.

Mookie I'm putting things on the table for KOTD that will do more to build their brand than you can imagine.. Not even speaking on the youtube views shit.. The last thing I'm trying to do is hurt the movement.. You can say what you will about charging for the views but the views don't come free to me either, & I'm also putting these videos up in a spot that people have been paying to have their videos/ads in for years.. No, it isn't going to be free, I'm not in the game of losing money.. Being relatively successful yourself I don't see how you don't get this..

What alot of you seem to be failing to realize is that RM represents such a small % of the battling fanbase that literally everyone here could think this was a bad look & the overall impact on KOTD would be minimal.. Especially considering KOTD had nothing to do with it & wasn't even aware of it until days after it was up.. Nothing about this was a bad look, of course there are some things that can be improved on because it was the 1st attempt at this, mistakes will be made & learned from.. That's what business is about..

There is absolutely nothing about spending money to promote yourself to a targeted audience that is interested in your product as an artist, league, ANYTHING that's a bad look..
    test
  20. Jack Shitt

Jack Shitt Not "jackshit"

I only vaguely skimmed through this thread, but are people actually mad that Wird shouted out a website after his battle? Forgive me if I misinterpreted.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.