CL vs Wird Of Pley has 44k views in a week. WTF

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by Louie kang, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soul_Was_Taken

Soul_Was_Taken Active Member

This.

WOP and Oneduh post some well worded posts and everyone hops on their champions bandwagon.

smh..
    test
  2. Tradish

Tradish illest alive

whats fishy is the whole guaranteeing views thing. how do you know 50 thou people is gonna view it fasho that u can sell that number?

seem like theres more going on to generate views other than just posting it on a website.
    test
  3. J.V.L.

J.V.L. Member

Your always moving sideways from this to the QP fiasco.
    The views are not real. You're creating an illusion that you are generating a big buzz but its fabricated. Now your buzz is faking views. lol

Driving through Sherwood Forest rockin a wood jesus piece?
    test
  4. Oneduh

Oneduh Digital Scale Ent.

This all started due to the fact that we also own a label.. We used to only put vids up of our artists new tracks, not a single one didn't hit that many views.. I only promised Wird's battle 20k views(which lead to it going viral & hitting 40+).. That's the exception..

On top of that.. RRT represents a very small % of the traffic we can send to videos overall.. The majority of the money we make is from PPC & media buys, which are methods of buying targeted traffic.. We have enough hiphop related targeted traffic sources to provide over 8 million views daily, & could expand on that if orders called for it..
    test
  5. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

I think you people are missing why people are wondering about these views.

Someone is saying they can offer you views if you pay. Granted from what I have read nothing was paid. A site was called out in a battle so thats the payment. Fair enough.

The problem is, are these views valid or generated?

At the end of the day, views are views. Who gives a fuck where they come from.

Issue being is... if they are generated then your cheating yourself.

If you people are not up to speed, I almost shut down RM yesterday. I proved to many people that getting views is very easy... it's on some myspace swagg shit. It's very easy. For someone to offer such a service is kinda wack.

Promotion is one thing. Getting your name out there is another. Thinking people care about a white kid rapping is just stupid. Trust me... NOONE CARES.

Here is the kicker... I'm not saying this is whats going on but if it is... NOT A GOOD LOOK. If these views are being generated, you are risking the partnership of the youtube holder. Faking views is fraud.

Let me state I have no idea whats going on here or care really. I'm just saying if you offer a service for people to get views... it sounds strange.

That is all. Get some sun on that white skin.
    test
  6. Oneduh

You coulda left it at that tbh..
    test
  7. clint_beastwood

clint_beastwood New Member

it kind of sucks that a lot of the views seem to be coming from non english-native countries, but if I could pay to have my video seen by tens of thousands of people I probably would. Do some of you think that people should just somehow become aware of your existance? That wird of pley is just going to spread across the globe by wird of mouf? Of course not, you need shit behind you and thats how it works.

If hes stupid for this, then every rapper whos ever had a billboard / magazine ad / tv commercial is stupid. Its the same idea.

(The only bad part is that its not really targeted at the right people, but it still does give the illusion that the battle is better just by having higher views so people who DO speak english will be more likely to click.)
    test
  8. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

thinking that views is gonna help you is stupid. Views do nothing. A battle at a million views is "Wow who cares". Trying to act more then what you really are is wack. Battle wackers are so concerned about views... I don't get it.

An this Oneduh guy is a fucking idiot. 100,000 views for $450? You are retarded sir.
    test
  9. Grandiose

Grandiose five large

-gone- @ some obscure internet battle rapper paying for youtube views

this nigga is pathetic

this is d.omen type lame, fuck outa here
    test
  10. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

and that should be it...

Wird gave a shout because he was promised a service..

Wird shouted, got the service he was promised...

How that service was accomplished is none of his fucking business.. He was promised a Service, he wasnt handed a fucking manual on how that service would be completed successfully..he knew if he shouted, he'd get the promo, he shouted them out, got the promo on his end should be end of story.

from a common sense point of view.
    test
  11. Cire

The higher the views you get the more likely your video is "Featured" on youtube.

it also puts you in the youtube "Charts" when browsing videos by genre...

To say that views do nothing is wrong...very wrong.
    test
  12. FINALPOST

FINALPOST New Member

you must not understand ethics ?
    test
  13. Aftershock

Aftershock Cooksvillain

is that a question or a statement?
    test
  14. Slick Ick

Slick Ick New Member

Why does it compromise the integrity of the league when the views are real people really being exposed to battle rap for the first time? i have absolutely zero understanding for why it's shady to pay a dude who can advertise better than you to advertise. how does this have less 'integrity' than paying for a spot to advertise an album or something?
    test
  15. Oneduh

Yeah.. A battle at a million views has nothing to do with Con getting his deal & Ars getting paid more than just about anyone else to battle..

You really get it bro.. Bravo
    test
  16. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

Shits corny tbh

Battle/Views/comments

Arcane dose vs tricky feelgood -26k – 500+
    Pesci Vs Marv – 60k - ~1500
    Osa Vs Quake – 20k - 500+

So battles with HALF the views have DOUBLE the comments.....people in Yeman cant make comments??

People in Yeman who love hiphop enough to be on rrt or some other rap board where this was 'posted' are savvy enough to find all that shit but not rap battles on youtube?? and they arent capable of making comments on youtube either??

Where are the threads with 200 comments from Arabs chatting bout the video they just watched?? if it aint in the youtube comments Im assuming its like WSHH and the comments are on their own page???

Shits hella wack.....

we got biters, view buyers....the scene and people in it have gone downhill big time smh

PEACE
    test
  17. Cire

I understand ethics....at the same time if someone told me "Write me a 16 i'll give you 500.00" i'll do it....a lot of people would..

Am i going to ask how those 500.00 were acquired? drug money? someone get jumped for it? stole it from your old invalid grandma?

nah...

cuz i dont give a fuck how those 500.00 were given to me as long as I get 500.00 for the work that I have done....

he was promised promo if he shouted the site...he shouted the site......he got the promo..

End of transaction..
    test
  18. Cire

no oneduh wird has views tag btw..

Golden..

Golden.
    test
  19. FINALPOST

FINALPOST New Member

Cire but what he did didnt just affect him. This shit is bigger then some mediocre battle rapper name wird of pley.
    test
  20. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

Thats not the same case at all....

You hire a subcontractor (Wird) to perform, while he's under your name he does something potentially 'illegal' (buying fake views, getting fake views, endorsing fake views or whatever)...meaning YOUR company could be in trouble (taken off youtube if caught, and with the comments the way they are, not a good look) all because someone wanted to get 'views'....

Thats unethical and out of order just in general.....

Its like a Bouncer letting in underage kids to the bar saying fuck it they paid me and then the bar owner getting a huge fine for it all and the bouncer saying "I got what I wanted, oh well"

PEACE
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.