Ciaras performance at the source awards

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by LowPro, Dec 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calliz aka Mark Spitz

Calliz aka Mark Spitz New Member

Because this whole conversation all of the sudden ISN'T about talent right?

Make up your mind and we'll converse about it. But you gotta stay on topic.
    test
  2. Odd Man Outt

Odd Man Outt President of the South

thats what keyboards are made for
    test
  3. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

if you noticed (read carefully) Ixtlan turned it into

"Choreography in today's music business is rather uninventive.

Dance steps are sloppy and all every R&B vocalist can do is break.
    It's sickening.

I'm not one for complaining all the time either, but Calliz has a point.
    So you can pop. That doesn't make you a great dancer. "

That's when I responded...because he was saying some stupid shit...if you wanna back him up fine. It would make two stupid motherfuckers.

If all they can do is breakdance (not even Breakin it's poppin and lockin), how is that sickening?

If you can pop, why can't you be a great dancer off that? I've obviously already pointed out that you can still be a great dancer and all you do is pop. Turbo & Ozone, Michael Jackson, Crazy Legs, Mr. Wiggles.

And if it's so uninventive...hey he could become a choreographer...all you have to do is call someone's management ( he claims he has artists on his beats) do a video with his brand new unique style of dancing and sell it to BET or somehow get it exposed. If it's so unique it'll at least make Uncut. So he needs to get on his grind instead of wasting time downing somebody else's shit...that's why he'll never be good...cuz he's always too worried about someone else.

where i'm from talk is cheap. If you don't like what's goin on show me something better...if you can't show me better...then you are hatin....and that's how it goes.

and to Catch 22...a weak attempt at humor....wow ain't it amazing that no one ever said she was a GREAT dancer (yet) or singer? Young Thundercats need to learn to read...I'm tellin ya
    test
  4. Calliz aka Mark Spitz

Don't pod us together or put words in my mouth.

Your words were:

"but no instead you feel the need to down another's hustle for no apparent reason."

Which has nothing to do with anything.

Popping and twerking (popping your ass which ixtlan was referring to) are two separate things.

Concerning "talk is cheap, show me something better"

Wack dancing is wack dancing.

References? Foundation?

Michael Jackson was not a wack dancer.
    James Brown was not a wack dancer.

And I don't have to record myself doing something better to mainain such an opinion. The burden of proof is no longer on me.

Especially if in the same light:

They say "look Ciara dances amazing!"

And then I say... "well that's not amazing unless you record yourself trying to do it and you suck at it"

That's silly.

I give you something to base it on and you're not even arguing my opinion. I'm labeled a hater. Which has absolutely no foundation.

A hater says "anything (insert "artist" here) does is wack, regardless"

I say... "I'm not impressed and this is why..."

Where is your argument with what I'm saying?

And to whoever this following statement applies to:

Fuck you if that's "too much typing for somebody who isn't a hater" - you either argue logically or you're a dummy and we have no words.
    test
  5. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

Abdul was one of the most well respected dancers in the entire industry at the height of her career.

Sure ace, you got it.

Usher's not a breaker you idiot.
    But the majority of his steps have been influenced by breakers.
    test
  6. Ixtlan

The fact that the majority of Usher's steps are influenced by breakers isn't any indication that he's in anyway comparable to dancers of Turbo or Ozone's ilk.

It's just what he does.

Now, name for me if you would a dancer who's gotten by solely on breaking since the 80's? You act as though dance hasn't evolved...

You're far too good at this. You're using such piss-poor logic.
    The whole "you can't do it" bit is something I'd expect from one of my nephews.

I'd imagine that indoor plumbing is scarce where you come from Mask.
    test
  7. Ixtlan

I really don't. I'm just trying to impress you Mask.
    test
  8. Mask2MyFace2

your post is irrelevant to me because I was talking to Ixtlan and you felt the need to chime in

I quoted Ixtlan not you...what the fuck are you talkin about anyway? Until you chimed in at the top of the page...I didn't even know what you said...

If i wanted to respond to you I would quote you, which I didn't at first.

He was saying it was uninventive, which means it's been done before. So the people that did it before she came out weren't good either (of course they are good)? That's where I'm coming from with this. Step back and digest that for a second.

You don't have to be able to impress to be able to dance...wtf is your problem? And if the dancing was so wack they would stop playing the video 24./7.

Nobody called you a hater...are you retarded? I quote Ixtlan and called him a hater ( which he is ) and somehow magically you thought I was talking to you...

and yes you do have to have proof of 'wack dancing'. If Ciara is so bad...tell me an artist, that's dancing all in the video right now, that's better. If it's so wack, then it should be so easy to name another video with better dancing. And if you can't do that, show me YOUR dance steps, and if that's not possible then shut the fuck up. Simple.
    test
  9. Mask2MyFace2

nobody mentioned Usher but you...
    nobody said Usher was a breaker... (yes you are imagining things)

Usher is a poplocker but it doesn't matter because the topic was Ciara (what would you call her style?)
    test
  10. Mask2MyFace2

It doesn't matter if his moves are influenced by early dancers, Usher can still be a great dancer ( I'm NOT saying he is). A lot of rappers were influenced by Run DMC so that means they can't be great either? At least try to make sense.

I didn't act as if dance hasn't evolved that was you!
    Choreography today is uninventive...don't you remember typing that? Don't get me confused with you.

I mean you're an artist, you're a performer or whatever...compare yourself to others that's out there on the grind. You could put out a video and do some better dancing...so what's the problem? How is that piss poor logic?

and lastly what a weak attempt at humor against the south.
    test
  11. Calliz aka Mark Spitz

So you're saying there ABSOLUTELY HAS to be 1 new video in heavy rotation with good dancing in it, for me to call Ciara wack.

Are you retarded?
    test
  12. Mask2MyFace2

if it's so wack there should be another video out, in the myriad of videos out at the time ( in the past 6 months), that has better dancing is all i'm saying

if its so bad, there should be another video out with better dancing...most videos have people dancin in them....
    test
  13. Ixtlan

I'd venture to say that the vast majority of the Rap acts in today's recording industry were in some way influenced by Run DMC; however, most of them are by far and away better mechanically than the artists of DMC's day. That is to say, the rhyme game is considerably more advanced than it was in Rap's 'Golden Age'.

The same can't be said of Usher and his dancing abilities.

I know full well who said what.

Under that scenario few people could ever be critical of entertainers.
    Unfortunately, that doesn't argument doesn't wash.

Mel Kiper, Jr. has never played a down of organized football (on any level), but he's considered to the be Chief evaluator of talent on the collegiate ranks.

I shouldn't have to have the ability to play Professional Football to be critical of NFL players. That simply doesn't make sense.

What a weak attempt at critical thought.
    test
  14. Ixtlan

In truth, Ciara might be a much better dancer than the majority of female vocalists in the music business, but that only indicates that the talent pool is unimpressive. Not that she's good.

I'm quite sure I'd prefer a hamburger over a bologna sandwich 90% of the time, but that hardly makes a hamburger fine dining.

Crowning Ciara the best dancer the industry has to offer doesn't say much.
    test
  15. Calliz aka Mark Spitz

Well there's no logic behind such a point.

So people who livin in glass houses...
    test
  16. Mask2MyFace2

I'm tired of seeing this thread....

both of yall are right
    test
  17. Calliz aka Mark Spitz

^^^Everybody wants to save face.

"Oh I'll just tell them they're right because then I'm taking the high road."

It wasn't even about conversing to you.
    test
  18. Blankk Page

Blankk Page New Member

Don't waste your time.. its not like they're doing something out there, just basically trying to argue with us while they're in their 20's and late still whining about some artist who wouldn't give 2 fucks about them.

I don't care anymore what anyone says..

I like who they like, they like who they like.. I'm not praising the person or artists I like..

They think like R&B NOW is untalented and that we're easy impressed.. That's not the case.. theres r&b for everyone, if you don't like it or agree.. stop arguing or don't listen to it.. I don't like every artist out there.. in fact I don't just like an artists without listening to alot of what they got.

So if Calliz or Ixtlan you wanna waste your timing? Waste it. But don't let me hold you back because none of you will never change my mind of who I like and how to like it.

If the dancing don't impress you, who cares... Dancing is suppose to be catchy too.

Like I said, waste the time and next 10 years on here "debating" by yourselves.

And btw, some of you think this fake debating thing is important like its getting you somewhere.

Can we be done with this? I'm sick of having Ciara threads 1-4 pages long approximately
    test
  19. Frog

Frog New Member

People who say they dont care are the main ones who keeps responding.
    test
  20. Ixtlan

Exactly.

I really hate to speak for Calliz, but I'm certain he's not trying to change anyone's mind about Ciara. Neither am I. We're merely voicing our opinions.

Get over it.
    Rock your Ciara T-shirt, pop the disc into your Aiwa, and "1,2 Step" until your little heart's content. Nobody's trying to change your mind ma-ma.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.