Chuck Norris talks about getting tapped out by Gracies

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Makabreli, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makabreli

Makabreli done

[youtube]U7t1RjFqRsw&[/youtube]
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

most people dont realize that chuck was a certified badass in his day.

they always just think of him as an actor who knew some basic Karate.
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

[youtube]wv4OaByw2bU[/youtube]
    test
  4. Makabreli

Makabreli done

interesting.

i remember judo gene saying chuck is the best kicker he has ever seen. also indicated a chuck norris vs bruce lee fight would've been Lee getting raped.

of course, that's judo gene, who seems to have something to say for everything. sometimes its hard to tell what is and isn't sour grapes.
    test
  5. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

if chuck were in his 20s in this da and age he coulda been a real mma bad ass, hell he still is at His given age. he is the man. now imagine someone with bruce lee's striking and overallskill and give him solid jiu jitsu/ groudnfighting (i don know how good his actual groundfighting skill was but im sure it was improveable) and u have an unbeatable fighting machine.
    test
  6. Duane Jackson

Duane Jackson Active Member

yeah he gave respect, chuck is a good dude, its funny how people have all those "chuck norris can do.." sayings tho hes gotta enjoy that
    test
  7. Makabreli

Makabreli done

what's weird to me is that Chuck helps sell some of the myths associated with martial arts most of the time yet in videos like this he seems like a humble practitioner.
    test
  8. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

I wish chuck would let the "could u beat Bruce lee in a real fight" question go. In some interviews he says Bruce would beat him and in others he says I'm a real fighter Bruce wasn't. Answer honestly or let it go
    test
  9. Makabreli

Makabreli done

I've heard about sparring going both ways. But that's sparring.

As for a real fight, chuck is bigger and has more recorded victories under his belt.

I love Bruce Lee, but I would suggest that he was what we like to call a gym fighter. He was a coach that could undoubtedly pass on great knowledge and whoop the ass of regular guys, but actual fights are different. The safety is off, and when you add that the guy across from you has been in this scenario a few times and knows how to handle himself it's a whole new ball game.

could be wrong, but how many great coaches are great fighters and how many great fighters are great coaches?
    test
  10. UnbrokeN

Bruce would have wiped the floor with chuck and any modern mma practicioner..he was incredibly elusive
    test
  11. Makabreli

Makabreli done

is this from your own accounts of sparring with him?
    test
  12. UnbrokeN

i have eyes that can see...his footwork alone was beyond anything ive seen in any mma practitioner except michael venom page maybe.
    test
  13. Makabreli

Makabreli done

Oh. Post the real life videos of him being elusive please.
    test
  14. UnbrokeN

you probably dont believe in Jeebus either right? believe in the Tao of Darwyn eh?
    test
  15. Makabreli

Makabreli done

Don't care about religion at all.

Love Bruce, and totally buy into him being larger than life in the personality and fighting department. Still, real fights are different and the stories of his fight with Wong Jack Man prove that he was very human, no matter which one you believe.

test
  16. Makabreli

Makabreli done

test
  17. UnbrokeN

im not here to hype or defend his corpse but if bruce had mastered grappling and grapplign defense as much as his striking , i fail to see anyone be a match for him in his respective weight class. he was a true pound for pounder who worked out 24/7..like a madman. ive never seen a more intense individual..also, the way he took that wong man jack fight was like any good martial artist would take it: u try to improve and learn from it..thats Bas 101

great gif btw
    test
  18. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

The fight u speak of was years before he was a star and was followed by his fanatic workouts that gave him ridiculous skills.

As far as skills goes I think chuck Norris is overrated. He was a great karate practitioner but have u ever watched a tournament?? They are glorified games of tags. And chuck wasn't that fast or stronger than Bruce

At the other end Bruce was very vocal about his anything goes street style and promoted poking eyes hitti nuts and biting. If u want a story about Bruce, check the one about him beating up a local boxer on he set of enter the dragon for hassling.
    test
  19. Makabreli

Makabreli done

you do realize there are different types of karate, right?
    test
  20. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Chuck could very well have smashed Bruce in a real fight, but you know who keeps getting overlooked here...and would have beaten ALL of those guys, as he beat the best fighter in the era [ despite giving up 40-50 lbs ]?

Steve Sanders aka Steve Muhammad of The BKF...The Black Karate Federation.

He beat Joe Lewis [ R.I.P. ] in their match, and despite the blatant racism that gave Joe the victory? Even Joe admitted that Steve Muhammad beat him. Bruce was so impressed with Muhammad that he nicknamed him "The Fastest Hands In Karate" and built alot of his subsequent style on things that [ now Grandmaster and creator of his own style ] Sijo Steve Muhammad did in the ring.

The great advantage that Chuck has over Sijo nowadays is Chuck's amazing grappling. Sijo has the advantage everywhere else. And Sijo's a better kicker too. By far. Not even close. And Sijo is deadly with knives and firearms.

I oughtta know. I've been a member of the BKF [ among other organizations ] my entire life.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.