Christians Q an A: pre trib, mid trib, or post trib?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Rapture of the church?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  2. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Malarkey IMO.
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

whats malarky? Ur funny bro. So what are ur thoughts, im guessing that is there will be no rapture?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  4. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

whats trib?

for an outsider cuz i dont know
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

The last 7 years b4 the final battle and return of Christ is described as the tribulation a period the bible says "those will pray to be killed but wont be able to find it" its the time of a known antichrist and the worst natural disasters in the history of the world. Its just for unbelievers and satan followers. The church will be raptured b4 this happens an millions will vanish and get caught up with christ in the sky. The question was refering to wether the rapture would be before the tribulation, in the middle of tribulation, or post trib where christians may have to go through it all with them so they can preach the Gospel to unbelievers in the tribulation.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

test
  7. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Tribulation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    test
  8. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i believe in aliens more than i do christianity.
    test
  9. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I see no basis for it in the Bible.
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

lolllol. I feel u. But say u dont happen to get raptured and convert after GOD will still protect you from the wrath meant for satan and his followers. Just promise me this. If u see that happen youll refer back to this and hopefully it will click.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  11. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

So you do believe in the Rapture? Would you be willing to engage with me about it, because it's something that in the past after I had been taught that it was a bunch of crap... I questioned that teaching, and supposed that maybe the Rapture does happen. I know most churches don't hold it as the most important of doctrines to accept, but I'm willing to hear about it just as I am any other doctrine.

I hope that you can point me to where in the Bible.... what are the passages and such that people who believe the doctrine... where do you point to if you want to show support for the Rapture?
    test
  12. TheBigPayback

the word rapture isnt. Thats the english word the hebrew word is to snatch up suddenly. But peep 2 theselonians 9 i think read the whole page its interstring an short. But theres several references. "Well be caught up in the air" the dead in christ will rise first" many.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  13. TheBigPayback

your going to hear a trumpet an we shake. But unbelievers wont hear it.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  14. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Meant basis for the doctrines anyway, I'm not concerned with the word. I know the whole 'caught up' or whatever. Technically, the word Trinity isn't in the bible either but I still believed in it.

1 & 2 Thessalonians only goes up to 3 & 5 chapters.

I'm going to assume you mean 1 Thessalonians 4? Because I looked up the other day, and was pointed to it.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 KJV
    (13) But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
    (14) For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
    (15) For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
    (16) For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
    (17) Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
    (18) Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

----------

As far as I can comprehend this, it is spoken that it might be a source of comfort for the living about their loved ones and friends who have passed on. The jews had thought that only people who are living would get to see God's kingdom, and did not know that people who died would rise again and be brought to heaven at the same time. I also think there's room to speculate that this message may have actually been apologetic to an extent as well.

Next.
    test
  15. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Jesus had said that people who believe in him will not see death, that they shall have eternal life. It's easy to see why when they saw people within the faith dying, why it would bring about questions. As far as I can grasp, that is merely telling us that the death that the dead or "which sleep" in Christ will not be in that state forever - death isn't final.
    test
  16. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I don't see how it supports the rapture doctrine.
    test
  17. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

But seeing as the doctrines each ascribe themselves with a timeline for this 'rapture' to take place. Any scripture that declares the time when the rapture will happen? I mean, to me it appears obvious that there isn't otherwise all these different church denominations would not be at odds over whether it is pre-trib, mid-trib, or post-trib.

But I'll give the benefit of the doubt here and ask where is the scripture that dates an event like this to be "around the time of the tribulation" so to speak? Where's that info?

Or where is the information that says those who accept Christ's sacrifice will carried up with him before the millennium? - seeing as all of these rapture doctrines place the event as happening before the millennium.
    test
  18. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Are there any other bits in the Bible that are said to refer to the Rapture?
    test
  19. TheBigPayback

A belief in aliens isnt nessecarily at odds with christianity. I can provide scriptures that can back that up
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.